For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

97 results found

1. It would be useful to be able to run a profit and loss for any chosen number of months, showing each month in a separate column. Currently if you set up a profit and loss report to show 12 months, and subsequently want to view results for say 9 months, the report will still show 12 individual month columns, with 3 of these being outside of the report criteria.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible with the newer version of the Profit & Loss. By setting the report date range to a Month you can then set the variable # of comparison periods you'd like - Just change the compare with  when you like and Update 🙂

2. It would be helpful to be able to sort and filter the Xero Tax dashboard so you can, for example, only view the outstanding tax returns.

Currently, the order that clients are displayed is random - By tax year and alphabetically would be better

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, 👋 thanks for all your support on this idea, I'm popping in to switch it across to delivered! We have recently rolled out Tax Manager in the UK 🎉 

Tax Manager consolidates Company accounts, corporation tax, personal tax and VAT filings into one manageable dashboard which can be sorted by;

• Client name
    • Client reference
    • Tax type
    • Status, and
    • Submission due dates

Using Tax Manager within HQ also offers several filters to drill down on work in progress and upcoming deadlines for each tax, the financial period, due date and their status.

For more information check out our blog here.

Thanks again for your feedback. We know this has been a highly anticipated  feature for community and we appreciate your contributions.

3. Currently the 'Reason for reducing payments on account' on the 'Payments on Account Screen' of personal tax is limted to 100 characters. It's not enough!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks again, John - Happy to confirm that this is now in place and you'll find you shouldn't be restricted to 100 characters any longer. We've lifted it up to the 0000's 😁

• Ability to update the start and due dates directly in the new job manager (currently still need to go into each job directly and edit to change these dates)

• Ability to search for specific clients with active jobs in the search bar (currently can only search the job number and job name).

So far our team is loving the new job manager on XPM - has made our workflow process much easier and efficient!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your patience! We're excited to let you know that you can now use the search bar in the All Jobs tab to look for jobs by a multitude of criteria, including client name.

No matter how you structure your jobs, you can find the jobs relevant to the task at hand either using the client name, job description, job number or the job name - Now that you can do all this in the All Jobs tab, we've also removed the Search tab in Job Manager as it's no longer needed (All Jobs has feature parity with the Search tab).

Appreciate starting a new idea specifically for Job start and end dates and we'll be sure to update you all there, if there's any news for this. 🙂

4. This is NOT an idea, more an omission from the product.
    FOREIGN Capital Gains (foreign CGT ON STOCKS AND SHARES) Is not available in XERO TAX.

Case Ref CX0013265560
    "I am trying to report FOREIGN Capital Gains (foreign CGT ON STOCKS AND SHARES) in an individuals personal tax return. However am unable to find a schedule in XERO TAX that covers this. Please can you assist"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jag thanks for raising this with us - this was always on our roadmap to support, and I'm pleased to say that last week we released the ability to support foreign tax credit relief on capital gains.

To report a foreign gain/loss you just need to add it into the relevant type (we don't break the disposals down by whether they are foreign or not. Then, if you need to report foreign tax or SWT on this disposal, go to the "Foreign tax credit and SWT" section in the capital gains schedule to report this.

5. I was surprised to see, during a quarterly product update, that you refer to the US Latinx community as Hispanic. Please consider changing that. Here's an article that might help you understand why this is important: https://www.teenvogue.com/story/problematic-history-of-hispanic-word

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Julia, thanks for sharing this feedback.

I’ve reached out to our education team to share your feedback and resource, and get a better understanding of how we choose the language in our quarterly product updates.

To provide context - we’ve used the term ‘Hispanic’ here as that’s the term used by our Los Xeros group, which is made up of Hispanic and Latinx employees and Xero ambassadors. Based on this we'll continue to use the phrase Hispanic in addition to Latinx, where appropriate.

6. The new report that replaces Customer Invoice Report called Receivable Invoice Summary, is missing a very important function, the ability to report in the currency that it was invoiced in. The report only shows the converted FX amount in AUD.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community 👋, our Reporting teams been making a lot of improvements to the newer versions of reports to enhance for the 2features we know customers value most in the older versions. 

Recently, they released an improvements to both the Receivable and Payable Invoice Summary and Detail reports so you can now add currency columns to view invoices in the original currency they were invoiced. 

If you prefer this view, once you've added the columns to your reports you can save as Custom to make this easily accessible any time. 😁

7. I just logged in to grab the links for a couple of product ideas I have put forward and I can't easily find them. It would be great if you added in a 'my product ideas' area, so I can see the product ideas I have submitted and if they have had any traction.

Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Caitlin, its possible to view ideas you've supported or contributed to by clicking on your initial avatar in the top right of the page and going to Settings & Activity. 

To analyse this in more detail you can 'Export my data' where you'll receive an  email of CSV's including one for 'Ideas for your [user name]' 🙂 

8. Start and end times being able to be seen when time sheets are approved for payroll.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, just a quick update to close out this idea 🎉

Towards the end of last year, we rolled out some improvements to the desktop timesheets experience. Now, if an employee submits a timesheet with start and end times, those times will be visible the Payroll Admin or Timesheet approver.

I've included a screenshot as an example, thanks to everyone that added their vote to this idea 🙏🏻

9. Account Receivables Statement of Accounts Balance Column

I urge Xero to consider to amend the Balance Column in the account receivable statement of accounts, Balance should show the accumulation figure or total figure and not repeating the invoice figure again.
    I am referring to the SOA under the option of Outstanding. Please share your view. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, returning to the idea as noted in my last response you can use the Customer Outstanding Statement 

To explain the Balance shown will depend on the date which the statement's being run relative to the date of the payment applied to your invoices - If the payment dates are for future dates of what the statements being run the balance reflected will be the balance of the invoice as at the statement date.

10. Xero apparently creates and submits a CT600L when R&D is included on a return. I say apparently because you can't download it/see it but support assure me it is there and that is the idea, - we should be able to download this for review and aproval by client.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Community 👋

Just following on from Paul's last update, this is now live!

Xero Tax now supports the production of the CT600L for RDEC claims going forward. 

For more information on this, check out our 'What’s available in Xero Tax' article over on Xero Central.

11. It would be helpful to have a Director ID field for contacts within an entity in XPM. There are instances where we act for the entity and not the individual Director. We are therefore not able to store the Director ID in the same way for an individual client.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Search job list by client, at the moment you have to scroll through the job list to find the job you are looking for, which when the job list is very large this is frustrating. It is easier to go to clients, search the client, then go to the jobs list. But this is not very time effective when you know what you are looking for or just want to check if there are jobs in there for a certain client.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Excited to share that along with my recent update on the ability to filter by client, you can now search by client from the Practice Manager All jobs table!

Typing a client name in the search field will now show you a list of jobs related to a client.😁

Thank you all for your support and sharing on how we could improve your experience when using Job Manager for your Practice.

13. The ability to pull in data such as P60 amounts, Class 2 NI amounts, state pension amounts etc that HMRC have available. Other softwares have this function.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, returning now a few months on from our last update we're going to move this idea to 'Delivered' with the change the team made to personal tax 🥳

You can now download a report directly from HMRC for each of your clients. Our helpful Xero central content will guide you on how to authorise you software to do this. Once the software is authorised, open your client's tax return and click on Download HMRC data in order to download the report. The report includes data on employment, other pension income, state benefits, NIC and marriage allowance.

14. Automatic exemption of national insurance contributions for clients over state pension age. In many other accounts production softwares this is already automatic and is calculated from the date of birth. The more manual input there is, the more room for error and this is something that could easily be missed by someone who is used to automatic functions.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, I'm pleased to update you all that this feature has now been released! 

Now, if you enter a date of birth and the client has a trade, Personal Tax will automatically set Class 4 NIC to exempt where the client has turned state pension in the prior year. 🙂

15. It's not currently possible to tick box 53 of the UK ITR CGT pages to state that the return contains a valuation - can this be added. Otherwise the software is not useable when you have a CGT disposal with a valuation or estimate

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Wendy, 👋 thanks for raising this idea. I'm popping in to switch it across to delivered! We recently rolled out the ability to tick box 53 for NRCGT, so you will be able to do this going forward 🎉

16. On the Xero HQ list, only certain columns have a Sort facility, it would help if
    - Sort by Trading Name
    - Sort by Unreconciled Transactions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, our product team recently released some improvements to the client list! You can now sort the client list using all the columns - including Trading/Legal name 🙌

You can merge or add clients to groups from the list page, and choose how many clients you would like to view per page. 

There's a separate idea for the Ability to sort clients by "Unreconciled Items" which you can add your vote to if that's still something you'd like to see.

17. Re Managed fund distribution worksheet, the field 'Current year capital gains - Discount method (Grossed-up amount)' was prefilled incorrectly.

It's prefilled with net amount instead of the grossed-up one, results in validation error, need to manually edited it.

It could be great if xero can fix this, thanks :)

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, apologies for not returning to this idea sooner. You'll find the Managed fund worksheet now has the ability to state whether the capital gains is reported as Gross or Net which will allow the Capital Gains Tax worksheets created to be correct. 

18. Chart of Accounts
    Xero HQ import personalised chart of accounts, the current process does not allow the report name to be included. This requires editing of the chart once imported to the client. Would be helpful to have this field available to update the chart templates, saving staff time amending all charts.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Quotes: At present the only way i can print a quote is by sending it to myself on an email. Could you please give an option to print a quotation to pdf

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Elma, thank you for your idea here.

We currently have the ability to Print PDF for Quotes — please see the attached image below.

Please feel free to round-back to us if the idea here is for something different. 

• Don't see your idea?