Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

572 results found

1. The ability to run a date range in a Trial Balance report.

Purpose: Having more flexibility when running the report by having the date range function.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi team, we're grateful for your contributions and support in the ability to run the Trial Balance report for a date range. In the last few months we released our new version of Xero's General Ledger report which can solve the underlying needs of what's being asked here.

With the General Ledger Summary and Detail reports you'll be able to get a view of all accounts with a balance. Mentioned by a few in comments there's the ability to include or exclude opening and closing balances from these reports.

Most fundamentally asked here - these reports can both be run across a common date range or a custom date range for extended periods.

- Worth noting in difference to the Trial Balance YTD column, when running the new GL reports across a change of FY date range will show Net movement in the period and does not capture roll-over journals

2. Would be good if you could edit the Cash Summary Report layout.

Specifically, the ability to separate variable and fixed expenses so that you can more easily forecast.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The account watchlist widget is great, but it's somewhat useless without the budget for that month and YTD being shown alongside, such that you can get a quick overview of those accounts against expected performance.

It would be a massive improvement and would be of benefit to many, in my opinion!

Perhaps it could be an option for the widget to show (or not show) comparison to budget?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest in the idea here. Being one of the ideas raised by community in our previous Feature request site I'm pleased to share that this is something that is now available in Xero. 

From the Account Watchlist on your organisation's dashboard you'll have an option to 'Show budgets' 🙂

4. Ability to run a report that can be translated to another currency

Purpose: It’s beneficial to calculate their budget and actual figures for expat sole traders who are living in a different country (which they have to pay their tax in the resident country) but their work and expenses are from another country.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we appreciate your support of the idea here. Most recently in the space of reporting we've released the ability to run the Profit & loss, Balance Sheet and Budget Variance reports in another currency the org is using. Our new version of the Realised Gains and Losses report has also just become available, where you can select which currencies to run the report for. 

And, you'll find that we made updates to the Receivable and Payable Invoice Summary and Detail reports so you can view transactions in their original currency. 

While we'll mark the idea here as delivered with these latest improvements we're still keen to hear if there are other specific reports you'd like to run in foreign currency and how this would help your business. We have one started for running Aged Receivable and Payable reports in a foreign currency that you can join in, or…

5. Ability to extend financial years.

Purpose: Because for some companies, they have different financial years which is more than 12 months.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the support on this idea, community. With many of the newer reports that can be run for a date range this is possible. 🙂

Set the dates as you'd prefer, and for some you'll also find you can quickly add comparatives too! 

See my image below for an example. 

6. Ability to save the work by default when users’ creating a new invoice.

Purpose: Users’ will not have to re-create a new invoice when they suddenly logged out from Xero.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, thanks for sharing this idea!

When you're next entering an invoice, you might like to use New Invoicing, where the entries you make are automatically saved.

You can do this by clicking the 'Switch to new invoicing' option at the bottom of the page.

There's more info on this over on Xero Central: Invoicing in Xero

7. When you hit the approve button for an invoice, there are a number of options, such as approve and add another, or approve and print. I would like to see "approve and email"
    Another key point is once an invoice has been emailed, it isn't possible to go straight to adding another invoice, currently it is required to click on sales, then click on 'new invoice'. I think having a direct link to 'add another invoice' would be logical and more efficient.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. To have a separate field when entering AU bank account details (e.g. BSB, account number and account name field).

Purpose: To make it less confusing when users enter their AU account details.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, with the recent updates you'll have noticed when adding or editing a contact - the team did manage to develop separate fields for Bank account name, BSB and Bank account number. 😁 

9. HI,
    I think the cashflow forecasting tool in Xero is a great idea (better executed than in other software due to the payment 'expected date' feature). However, I really need to look at the cashflow in smaller increments than 1 month as I am actively managing it. For me 1 week increment would work. I would suggest the ability to set the report dates myself. In terms of the comparison options those would not be affected because 1 previous 'period' would just mean going back an equal amount of time as that defined by the user. For example if I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I find this very frustrating that you have put a limit of 20 transactions per month on the basic membership. I don't really need all the features of the upgraded membership and would prefer at minimum 30 transactions per month. At least a transaction per day.

Would be over the moon if you increased the 20 transaction minimum or got rid of it all together. That would be perfect. Seriously considering moving to MYOB in the cloud.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, I want you to know that the conversation has definitely been a topic of interest internally, and your feedback has been taken seriously on how we can improve the Starter plan.

Many of you may have heard the news that we’ve revitalised the Starter plan 🙂 - As of 14 September 2020, existing and new Xero users can benefit from added flexibility in the Starter plan.
    First and foremost, one vital change that I’m sure you’ll be enthused, is that we’ve removed the limit on bank reconciliations! That means no more counting how many transactions you or your client’s reconciled 😌
    We’ve also increased the invoice limit to 20 from 5. That means you’ll have almost one every business day.
    All other inclusions remain the same, so you’ll still have 5 bills and you’ll even continue to have the use of Hubdoc to capture bills & receipts.

See

11. Adding a preview button when creating an invoice with DocX.

Purpose: To save time rather than to send a dummy transaction.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, this is now possible in new invoicing. 🙂

You'll find when you 'Preview' an invoice in new invoicing if you have applied an advanced branding theme template to the invoice your customised template will be visible.

Alternatively, you can also Print PDF or use the 'Get link' to view the invoice, too. 

12. It would be really useful to view supplier invoices and payments on the same report like a Supplier Ledger. Currently I need to view the Expenses by Contact report for invoice history and then go into Bank Account Transactions and search for payments for a particular supplier, and there seems to be no option to print or export out once you search. In other systems this is a standard report and is very handy when checking inter-company transaction history across a group of related entities. Does anyone have a better workaround?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Totally appreciate continued interest in being able to see more in your supplier interactions. Now in Oct 2021, we've been continuing to improve & evolve Xero reports.

Along with the series of Contact Transactions reports, there are our Payable Invoice reports, and a fresh Income & Expenses report which can easily be run for just Expenses.

You'll also find the Account Transactions report can be filtered by 'Description' containing contact name, and a filter for 'Source' so you can select the specific transaction types you'd like to view data for.

1 2 25 26 27 29 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?