Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

473 results found

1. Add the capability to zoom in submitted receipts. As an approver of claims it is very hard to read the receipts without being able to zoom in or enlarge on certain parts of submitted receipts. This was available in the old “expenses” app which will no longer be in use at the end of February

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place for such a thing.
    But, when i just submitted a support ticked and was typing in the description and with every character of mouse click it would reload the suggested articles.
    Which is just not how it should work.
    The old format was perfectly fine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up here, Dylan. We've made a small update to the way this works.

Now, when raising a case with our Xero Support team and typing in the description the articles suggested on the right side won't update as quickly as they were before. This should make it easier to skim through existing help articles as you type. 😊 We'll move your idea across to delivered, however we welcome any further feedback to our update.

3. There is an issue with the new GUI for invoices in xero. My work flow requires making multiplke repeating invoices from a standard invoice. At present this can be done by creating a draft, and then converting the draft invoice to a repeating invoice. The draft stays put in the drafts folder and can be converted into a new repeating invoice. Once I have set up all the repeating invoices I require, I can delete the draft.
    The option to create repeating invoices from drafts in the new GUI has been removed. Where is it?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, we have just gone live with the ability to create a new Repeat template from a Draft invoice 🎉

You'll find this option from the 3 dot menu within a draft invoice. Thanks for your input through this idea.

4. Trial balance should be included as Favourite in reports.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Syed, you can mark any report as a 'Favourite' by selecting the star icon next to the Report name in your Accounting > Reports screen.

I've attached a screenshot as an example 😊

5. Ability to show a variance column as a dollar value on a balance sheet report to show changes over the year and make it easier when inputting this data into another system for preparation of financial reports.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want to start using the W9 Management tool going forward. I have a number of Suppliers that I received the paper pdf of the W9 and I have populated the 1099 info manually and attached the W9pdf to files. However, in order to use the new tool effectively, for those that I already have the details for, I would like to manually amend the W9-Status to received, so only new suppliers are highlighted as not received and I can send the link out for completion. Not being able to change the flag to received for historical clients actually makes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, our product team have been doing some work in this space and we're pleased to share that as of today you can now manually mark a W-9 as being received from the W-9 Management page 🎉

This helps you edit the status where you have received W-9 forms through another source, such as PDF.

7. Currently if you export from a Smart List, the export includes all contact rather than the list derived from the Smart List.

Until this feature can be added, I suggest removing the Export option from this screen as it is makes people think this sort of export is possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Tony, thanks for sharing this feedback!

It's possible to only export your filtered contact list, by selecting all customers (as you've done in your screenshot) and clicking the smaller export button.

I've attached a screenshot illustrating this. Totally understand that this process could be clearer, so I'll ensure this feedback is shared with our Contact team.

8. Create the ability to send statements to multiple customers at the same time. Having to go to each customer to send a statement is VERY time consuming and labor intensive. Create a way to list the customers that don't have a zero balance with the ability to check the customers to send statements to. The user could edit the text of the email one time and it could be sent to all customers checked. This would help a LOT!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Suzette, thanks for sharing this idea!

You can send out statements to multiple customers by starting from the Sales Overview menu.

To do this, select 'Sales Overview' from the Business dropdown, then click the Send Statements button. This will allow you to select multiple customer statements to send at once 😊

📸 Screenshot attached

9. There is no reason to keep the previous bank holidays on every payslip.

I can’t seem to get rid of previous bank holidays from showing on current/future payslips. Why are bank holidays from the Easter and the King's Coronation still appearing on payslips May 2023 onwards?? Doesn’t look very professional. This is all on the YTD earnings line. Why isn't there an option to remove it? Clients are not very happy.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, returning now a few weeks on from our last update, we’re going to move this idea to ‘Delivered’ with the change the team made to Payslip PDFs. We have now combined all previous earnings as one YTD line so that your employees only see the most relevant information 🥳

10. Our Quotes must be very professional this first contact.
    I think must be
    ready changable templates cover page according to customers we have to make change
    and at our offer we have to add goods pictures
    when we send our Quotes that send cover page + Quotes That make us more professional

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Bilal, thanks for sharing your idea!

It's already possible in Xero to customise the look and feel of your quotes, as well as invoices, credit notes, customer statements and purchase orders 😀

You'll need to use an 'Advanced invoice template' for more in-depth customisation, such as including terms or a cover page.

11. The ability to search bills and filter specifically for a credit notes would be helpful.
    Also, if a credit note has been used the total is $0 - it would be helpful if the total was still shown as paid.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Xero AI prompts the wrong General Ledger account for transactions coming through my Bank Feed.

I have a two monthly payments for different types of insurance from the same Insurance company processed through my bank account. The transaction amount differs based on the insurance type but is the same each month in a 12 month period, only going up by CPI. So in a particular month I will get two transactions: 1. Insurance Company ABC $200.00 for PIPL insurance, which goes to my GL account for PIPL Insurance and 2. Insurance Company ABC $ 130.00 for Business Insurance which goes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for sharing your product idea! Find & Match in Xero already includes logic to suggest a matching transaction by comparing the amounts. It sounds like there may be some other logic set up in your reconciliation that’s suggesting the wrong transactions in error.

Since this is already available in Xero, I’ve marked your idea as delivered. I’d really encourage you to chat to our support team on this one, they’ll be able to assist with understanding why your transactions are being reconciled in this way 😊

13. Verification of Account. Would like the ability to add an attachment under a contact.
    ie. Suppliers Bank Deposit Slip as proof of account details

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Xero should show at the top of the screen or show a notification if you have an activity statement to submit (otherwise you have to specifically go into "Activity Statement" under "Accounting" to check).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi June, we've made a recent improvement for Activity Statements to surface the payment due date for any lodged statements. You'll find this from the list of Activity statements within the Completed section, and when you open a Statement you'll see the payment dude date shown at the top of the statement along with payment options to help simplify the process. 😊

15. If I'm looking at the "Financial Details" tab for a contact, when I click the "Edit" button, I should be taken to the "Financial details" section of the "Edit contact" page. Currently, it takes me to the first section, which happens to be "Contact details".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, coming back over the idea here this idea has now been implemented with other changes in Contacts. 

Now, when you select to edit a contact from Financial details tab you'll automatically be directed to the Financial details section when the edit screen opens. 🎉

16. It would be great to be have the option of a "related account" or "split" in the Account Transactions Report, so that you can see the other half of the transaction (opposing debit or credit) without having to click on the transaction to view the full detail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Kate - thanks for sharing this suggestion!

You can select 'Related Account' from the Columns drop down in the Account Transactions report to include this information.

I've attached a screenshot as an example 😊

17. Automatically apply the tax lookup to new invoices, or the ability to set the tax lookup as the default tax rate for certain accounts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Vincent, thanks for suggesting this idea!

Customers in the US can now opt in for our 'Auto Sales tax' feature, you can read a little more about it over on our US Roadshow Blog.

To get started, head to Accounting > Advanced and select 'Sales tax' to start the opt-in process.

18. Add the ability to "Drag and Drop" files for upload. Currently we have to save a PDF to then upload from the computer - more often than not we have these files in emails. It would be ideal if we could drag and drop the file into the upload box

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like you to develop context sensitive help. Currently any input to the help box results in the attachment below with three options that are not pertinent.
    I want to enter a single word or phrase then have a series of articles containing this word or phrase sorted by importance. What I DO NOT want is a list of articles that might help.
    Looks to me like xero and it’s non existent help function was written by accountants and not IT people who know how to create super useful help function.
    Maybe this should not be in Business section…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey James, from your screenshot it looks like you’ve used the search function when looking for help. The help menu is to the right of it. I've attached a screenshot highlighting where it is and what it looks like opened up. 

The help menu in Xero uses the context of the page you're on to produce the recommended articles, and also has keyword search that is backed by machine learning, to sort results by relevance.  You can view the help article right within the menu itself and move it around so you can follow along while working in Xero.

20. On All of the New contacts Screens (All, Customers, Suppliers, Archived and Groups) have a field Chooser of the data to display on the screeen. Similar (but with more fields) to the Column chooser in the Bills Screens. These settings need to persist for the User within the Organisation.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, just popping back here to let you know that the custom column option has been added to the All, Invoices and Bills tab.

Clicking on the ‘Column’ button opens a list of all data columns available on the tab. Select the fields you wish to see on the page, and Click Apply. This saves the default view for the tab for all the contacts in your selected organisation.

Note - This change is per user, so the columns will not change for other users of your organisation.

• Don't see your idea?