Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

48 results found

1. Ability to set up standard week in Xero Payroll.

Purpose: To make users easily calculate their employee’s wages. Especially for industries that run 7 days a week.

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

60 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we’re pleased to share that we’ve now released working patterns to all UK organisations that use Xero Payroll.

This change reduces manual workarounds enabling you to enter more information employees’ working patterns to support accurate allocations of leave and earnings rates. You’ll find you can now;

• Create or select from working pattern templates
    • Add working patterns manually or using the template
    • Setup multiple weeks of a working pattern

We’ve shared a few videos on YouTube that’ll help guide you through the change 😊

We really appreciate everyone who’s engaged with us on this idea and those who’ve been involved in testing some of the functionality with us through the journey.

2. On the Employee tab when an employee moves pay rates it would be good to have a record of the history of changes to see when the rate changed and what all previous rates have been - this would make tracking rate changes and anniversary dates easier.

So if the rate changes in the pay template then the change is recorded (link) to say notes to keep track of rate changes.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, 👋 thanks for all your support on this idea, I'm popping in to switch it across to delivered!

Just before the end of the year, we rolled out support for ‘Payroll History’ in Australia 🎉

It includes a history of changes made to the Payroll Settings screen, and to the Employee Record, enabling you to see pay rate changes at a glance.

You can see the Payroll History in action on our Xero Blog post, Payroll history is launching in Australia.

3. UK Payroll - need a summary report showing leave taken / remaining by employee for a given leave year - This is already available in AU payroll

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, as an update to my last post, we have now rolled out the Leave Requests report in UK Payroll. This report lists the details for leave requested, approved and taken, for all employees or can be run for a singular employee, and will help when planning rosters or work schedules. Payroll Admins will be able to find and access it through the Reports Centre found in the Accounting menu. We're aware that the Leave Requests report does not meet all of the requirements as outlined in the comments of this idea, and we have created a new idea for a Leave Transactions Report. We will track interest of this idea and keep an eye on this separately, so please do join and support if this is of interest to you.

4. Ability to select log start/end times and breaks in Xero Me.

Purpose: Users can easily log their start/end times and break in Xero Me rather than having to use a third party app.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for your continued interest here. We’re pleased to share that as of today start, end and unpaid break times that we recently announced is going to be rolled out to payroll employees using Xero Me Mobile, and will be available to all employees by the end of the week.

When using Xero Me Mobile, employees will be able to select a new timesheet setting which will allow them to enter start, end and unpaid break time within their timesheet, as well as enter a Note, all of which will be visible to the Payroll Admins using the web experience of Xero Me.

To add to this, we’ve updated My Payroll within the product to Xero Me to simplify the experience and create more consistency. Read these updates and more from product on the Xero Blog.

5. It would be helpful with the new Timesheet features to be able to add more than one work time and break time per day to allow for split shifts.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey everyone, thanks for sharing your feedback throughout this thread. It’s clear how important this feature is, especially for staff working split shifts.

I’m happy to confirm that our latest update to timesheets brings the multiple start, end and break times feature across to the updated timesheet experience, and will be available on both Xero Me mobile and web.

For more information on these updates, and some other improvements we’ve made to Payroll check out our Xero Releases page

6. Ability for employee to add notes in timesheet. Detailing works performed.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, thanks heaps for this suggestion.

As you may have seen in our Xero Blog post, we’ve rolled out support for start and end times in timesheets, and with this update comes the ability for staff to add in notes 🎉

As such, I'll be marking this one as delivered !

7. It would be useful if a Xero Me App - Approver had the ability to view a break down of the hours an employee works across the week (not just the total hours worked) before approving the timesheet. I see there is a lot of support for adding start & finish times and break times in the Xero Me App and this would be an extension of that.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello community 😊

Thanks for sharing this idea. I’ve just updated the title to be AU specific as this feature has been delivered in the AU region! For our NZ voters I’ve split this to a new idea and transferred your votes.

We added a timesheet setting in Xero Me (AU) that lets employees record start and end times for work and unpaid breaks. With this, Team Manager / Approver roles have the ability to review and approve start, end and break time entered, as well as any notes added by an employee on timesheets within the Xero Me app 🎉 

8. At the moment there doesn't seem to be a way to pay a monthly employee a basic monthly salary without the hourly rate changing to reflect the number of working days in the month. Please can there be an option to pay a monthly employee a basic 12th of their annual salary each month and the hours per month are set to the average of a 12th of their annual hours so that the hourly rate for overtime etc stays the same each month.

Thank you.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we’re pleased to share that we’ve now released working patterns to all UK organisations that use Xero Payroll.

You can now enter more information about employees’ working patterns to support leave and earning rates calculations and save you time. You’ll be able to:

• Create or select from working pattern templates
    • Add working patterns manually or using the template
    • Setup multiple weeks of a working pattern

Being able to set up to 13 weeks in a template means you’ll be able to accurately reflect employees’ that may work differing hours through weeks in a month like you’re after here. We’ve shared a few videos on YouTube that’ll help guide you through the change 😊

Thanks for all your engagement and sharing with us on the idea here.

9. If xero payroll could suggest the next available employee number that would be so helpful, instead of having to scroll through the employee list and work out which number was last used.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, returning a few months on from our last update we're going to move this idea to ‘delivered’. The team have recently automated the generation of the employee number 🎉  Initially this is just for numeric employee numbers but they're also looking into how this can be done for non-numeric ones too.

Thanks for all your support on this idea!

10. Remove rejected leave items from view. As currently they are front an center even if related to a historic time for all employee when in desktop version of Xero Me.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all, 👋  thanks for your support on this idea and sorry for the late update. I’m popping in to switch it across to delivered for our AU users!
    Just before the end of the year, we rolled out the option for employees to archive their rejected leave requests in Xero Me web.
    Thanks again for your feedback 😊

For voters from other regions, if this is still something you’d like to see feel free to make a copy of this idea and pop the region in brackets.

11. There is no reason to keep the previous bank holidays on every payslip.

I can’t seem to get rid of previous bank holidays from showing on current/future payslips. Why are bank holidays from the Easter and the King's Coronation still appearing on payslips May 2023 onwards?? Doesn’t look very professional. This is all on the YTD earnings line. Why isn't there an option to remove it? Clients are not very happy.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, returning now a few weeks on from our last update, we’re going to move this idea to ‘Delivered’ with the change the team made to Payslip PDFs. We have now combined all previous earnings as one YTD line so that your employees only see the most relevant information 🥳

12. A detailed pay run journal report would be much more useful than the current summary version. It is especially unhelpful that selecting the entry in an expense account just takes you to the pay run - it doesn't show you what is coded to which expense account. With many employees this can take a long time to find errors or to manually journal multiple costings

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, 👋 thanks for all your support on this idea, I'm popping in to switch it across to delivered! 

Last year, we rolled out support for the new journal reports 🎉 These can be filtered by account and account code or even the description.

For more information check out our support article on our new Journal reports here.

Thanks again for your feedback. We know this has been a highly anticipated feature for the community and we appreciate your contributions.

13. Payroll doesn't refresh data unless you scroll up and down inside an employees pay all the time
    Can you fix this ? Even if you had a button which you could hit to pull changes
    into pay amounts quicker
    It takes a long time waiting doing the payroll when putting in hours and different rates for each employee each week for the amounts to change and pull through properly

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we're going to move this idea to 'Delivered' with the change the team made to Payroll updates!

Thanks for sharing and supporting your personal 'ideal state' - feedback like this really helps shape our product 😊

If you are having issues with the speed of our Payroll function, you can raise a case with Xero support and the team can take a look.

14. Ability to create historical payslips.

Purpose: Users can easily create historical payslips prior to using Xero Payroll.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Payslip Notes - ability to write a note on an individual employee payslip not just one generic note for everyone.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I've noticed the Payment Summary Details Report no longer captures all the data ie RFBA that is input during the STP finalisation process. Would be great if we could have a tidier and shorter one (selecting what you want) rather then the CSV file.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Community - thanks for all your feedback on this idea!

This morning we enabled PDF exports for the STP finalisation screen, and these exports will include all fields, including RFBA.

There was also some requests for the ability to edit what's included in this pdf export. Conscious that this update doesn't quite deliver that, so I've spun that off in to a seperate idea 👉 'AU Payroll - Edit PDF export of STP Finalisation'

You can follow the link to add your vote 😊

17. I love the fact that our girls can do their timesheets with start and finish times and leave a comment. However, I need to see this when approving the timesheets for payroll.

If their could be a way for the approved payroll person who approves the timesheets to see the start, finish, comments and total hours would be perfect. Otherwise I will have to keep using the old system of excel spreadsheet.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, as you might have seen, earlier this year we added in start and end times as well as notes in time entries to Xero Timesheets.

I’m pleased to let you know that we’ve added a bit of extra functionality to these two updates, for the manager view. If you’re authorised to approve timesheets you now have the ability to view start and finish times, any comments added, as well as total hours in both the web and Mobile app 🎉

Thanks again for all your feedback!

18. Remove the automatic bank holidays been added, If you could add the days worked then it would work but it is adding bank holiday payments even if someone has left a week before.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, 👋 thanks for all your support on this idea, I'm popping in to switch it across to delivered! 🎉 

If the employee has a leave date prior to the bank holiday it will not be added automatically. Also you have the option to include or exclude the relevant bank holiday's for the employee in their employee file.

For more information check out our support article.

19. Currently under employees leave tab you can assign default leave types, but you can't define what the default leave types are.
    Perhaps there is a simple checkbox for leave items in the payroll settings that allows you to choose.
    Currently I have 4 leave types set as default, when I only really need two.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, I'm changing this idea to Delivered! 🥳

Leave types can be defined as default when a value in the 'Normal Entitlement' field in Payroll settings is entered.

To remove this leave type from being added each time a new employee is entered, you can:

1. Click into Payroll, then select Payroll settings
    2. Click Pay Items tab, then Leave
    3. Click on a Leave Type that you'd like to remove as a Default Leave Type
    4. Remove the number of units the employee is entitled to each year under 'Normal Entitlement'
    5. Click Save
  20. Ability to a total of all employees gross wages, and download figures for each individual employee with the total lodged with the ATO.

Purpose: To be able to see employee list with total amounts for each category (gross, tax, super, lump sums) after lodged with the ATO

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, appreciate this idea has come from the prior Feature requests forum and to explain what is currently available -  You can export a .CSV with all employee detail before finalisation.

From the STP Finalisation screen, select the check box at the top of the list for all employees - at the bottom of the page you'll see an Export .CSV option become visible, so you can view all the payment information before it's sent across to the ATO.   

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?