Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3889 results found

1. Payroll per employee pricing should be available because some clients only use Xero payroll so no point getting a premium 5 subscription if they aren't going to use the features beside payroll.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Xero has the facility to look up UK addresses by postcode when entering new contacts etc.

Unfortunately it usually makes a such a mess of the address, I end up editing it all again anyway!

• UK Postcode lookups can return a Company Name (e.g. if there are multiple companies registered at the same address.) Xero adds this company name again to the address. In our case, that is a duplicate of the Contact name, so we take that out to avoid it appearing twice.

• UK Postal counties are obsolete and should no longer be used in postal addresses. Royal Mail…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be helpful it Xero could create a Working Capital Balance Sheet, which also includes working capital ratio. Right now you can customize balance sheet layout to do this but a report from Xero would be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When creating an invoice using mobile app being able to change a customers payment preference on an invoice through the mobile app not waiting for main computer or laptop instead of automatically being set to direct debit which for one off customers or short term contracts which differ in each payment is not applicable using a mobile. Normally everyone carries their mobile not always a laptop! It would be nice if the mobile app was in sync

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We have requested Downloadable P11's to be made available so we can correct a mistake a previous Xero payroll provider made.
    This is not available in Xero which is causing considerable inconvenience and a lot more manual work.

This would be a really good idea if this was brought into the payroll package.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great once you have split a transaction that rather than just clicking on save and being returned to the Cash coding screen to click on reconcile, than you could have an option to click Save & Reconcile so that the transaction is coded and reconciled all in the one screen and then it returns you to your Cash coding screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Support for fixed taxes such as the Colorado Retail Delivery Fee Tax of $0.27

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. VAT Filing - Allow UK access to XPM/ Xero Tax for management and lodgement of VAT Returns (same as BAS in Australia).

XPM links to HMRC and automatically creates clients draft VAT returns. The data is then imported from the VAT return in Xero.

We can request client signature from within XPM with 3 automated email reminders and lodge VAT returns from within XPM.

Saves so much time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When fixed assets are imported or even just entered and they are first draft assets, this screen should total the purchase price and accumulated depreciation (in case of migrating from existing ledger) for a quick check before 'registering'. I don't understand what the point of making draft first and then having to register when a registered asset can be changed anyway. But if this screen totalled the $'s - this would be a more efficient check against source documents than currently one by one. I have just uploaded multiple fixed assets in mulitple ledgers and I am simply going through…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Rather than requesting or sharing the Xero Network key, if we receive an invoice from a supplier that is submitted through Xero .. we should have an option to add the supplier for eInvoicing with a clickable button "Add supplier for eInvoicing in future" .... this way, as a customer, I am in control and opt-in myself rather than administrative burden of requesting / sharing network keys

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add a column in the VAT report to seperate the contact from invoice description (eg details column) to make VAT easier to analyse for larger companies using Xero.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the extra detail, Cheryl. Appreciate where you're coming from. This isn't something we have plans for at present but we'll get a feel for the interest and let you know if there's any change here. 

12. I want to send the client a report of items to be recoded before they are recoded, just to check that they can be recoded before I do the adjustments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have just spend over an hour trying to add the 'Expiry Date' to my Quote emails.

I attempted so many ways of adding [Expiry date] as is written on the quote in Xero; however, it just wouldn't work. I found other suggestions that did not work, until FINALLY I found that you have to add this field in your email template as [Expiry].

Now... when all of the other fields are listed in the template, exactly as they show up in Xero; why would you not have the Expiry date the same????

Please have this amended so that there…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How about e-signing BAS'/ITR via the Phone App, at the moment we send out these docs from Practice Manager for esigning via another login but if it could be sent to the app, it would assist small business people who could approve and sign these docs more easily

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Student Loan Tax Calculation
    Xero tax sets out the calculation of Income tax and NIC very well.

Unfortunately, the system is obscure in relation to displaying the calculation for Student Loan Tax which is important for an increasing number of young people coming into financial maturity.

We need to provide adequate assurance both to them and the increasingly aggressing Student Loan Company to avoid penalties and unexpected bills.

I request that Xero includes a breakdown of the calculation on the Summary computation report.

This would add a great deal of assurance and quality control for both our young clients and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. VAT Return - transactions by VAT Box
    Hi our company VAT return is currently over 400 pages long. Reviewing it is not easy when you have the box 1 figure on page one. I then scroll to about page 65 to get to the box 4 numbers after scrolling past it 2 or 3 times.
    It would be amazing if there was a navigation panel to one side that I could click and it would take me to the page of the vat return relevant to the box number I want to review.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We recently had an employee which had a leave type reinstated after a period of over 12 months of it not being used. There was a balance sitting in there for the duration of time that it wasn’t active, and therefore not showing on any payslips that were provided to the employee or filed. We are now in a position that we had to reactive this leave type to be in line with STP requirements and showing leave loading on a separate line. When we reactivated this leave type, ALL payslips for the period of over 12 months were updated…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The notifications button in Xero is invaluable, this should also incorporate Xero product updates/features/changes. Had I known of the new Direct link for NAB I would have incorporated it long ago, but the marketing emails get buried.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. To be able to set a default to display the actual figures to decimal places as opposed to the current display which rounds up values when exporting bank statements to .pdf document or excel documents

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I post an expense through to a project, for some reason it limits it to 100 characters, which pretty much makes it un-useable for me.
    This is annoying, as I was just thinking how handy the projects app is, but now all the "projects" I've set up are basically a waste of time as I need the extra detail on my invoices.
    Please can you change this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?