For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

37 results found

1. Exchange rate on bank reconciliation report
    For foreign currency bank accounts, the old bank reconciliation report used to include a note stating that the exchange rate per xe.com that was used to translate the bank balance to the home currency at the report date. This was very useful information to include, as it confirmed the rate and the source of where that rate was obtained. This is not included on the new format bank reconciliation report pack. Please could this note be brought back on the new format reports?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for showing your interest and feeding back on the difference between old and new Bank Reconciliation reports. We understand wanting to see a change here and we have plans to focus on foreign currency disclosures after the work to retire old reports in July is complete.

Right now, you’ll need to obtain the revaluation rate from your organisation's Currencies settings screen and add it into a text block at the bottom of the report.

We'll keep you updated of when the team begin actively working on this, here.

2. Reports - Display Multicurrency Original Values

Allow Reports to display the original values for a chosen currency.

Currently when running a Multicurrency report, the value shown is derived from the chosen Currency being exchanged from the BASE currency of the package. So if a ZAR base package has a €2000 Invoice in it, with a €2000 payment to a Euro account…. The profit and loss report, when run in Euros, will show that (today) as roughly €2037 after the back and forth conversions.

It would be very nice to have a reporting function that allowed the original values to be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Richard is there a specific report you'd find this useful in ? 

You can run the Payable and Receivable invoice reports in other currencies an org has used but good to know if there's another report you'd be looking for this in. 

3. Require the ability to post net wages, loans, drawings without a contact. This information should not be accessible in the customer/supplier ledger/contact section.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Charlotte, can you expand a little on your needs or use cases for your idea here? 

A wage would generally be connected to an employee in payroll. Managing a loan is a little different and we have suggestion of how to do this in our help here, and when it comes to drawings and introducing cash to the business this would generally relate to a specific shareholder and would be recorded as Spend or receive monies, if you'd rather not specify the contact you may want to set up a generic contact that you could code these sort of transactions too. 

4. When I run a supplier bill activity report it would be HELPFUL if the description column actually contained the description of the invoices, or at least the start of it. For example, say a supplier is for office rent then I put in the description what period or month the rent is for. Then, if I run a supplier activity report I would expect the ******** description column to show me the helpful description I entered. Instead I get INV Ref: xxxxxx which repeats the xxxxxx from the reference column next to it. Noe useful at all, and the info…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add ability to filter inventory reports by tracking codes, so you can see quality purchased and sold by tracking code.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would like to suggest that Xero adds an option for the user to be able to extract activity statements exclusive of any taxes on the invoices listed on the statements.

This would assist calculating the costs of projects less the tax implications, especially for tax vendors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Zolani, is there any reason you'd like this specifically within the customer statement? 

Our Receivable Invoice Detail report may be of help to calculating the costs you're after, instead? 

You can select to include Net, Gross or tax columns in the report so you can see the breakdown when the report is run. If you only need to view for a single contact you'll be able to add a filter where you can select the contact you'd like to run the report for. 

7. Is there an option to show "Manual Bank Reconciliation Date" rather than Reconciled Date? The reconciled date is system generated and it does not mean much if the balances are out to start with. This would allow the user to know when bank rec was actually performed by a human.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jo-Ann - when you say you'd like to view the date the bank account was manually reconciled would this be on the org's Dashboard?

As a means of viewing this information at present - you could run the History & notes and view only Bank transaction items where you'll see the name of the user and date that the last transaction in the org was reconciled. 🙂

8. Can we combine two xero report ?
    Payable invoice detail report & Detailed time report.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. While performing a task of Bulk Income Reconciliation , I have to add Invoice one by one likewise 70123 , 70124, 70125 and so on. This is very time consuming task.
    Could we have range over there so that we can directly select all and reconcile the same.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there 👋, for the example you've provided here you could enter "701" into the search field which would search all unreconciled invoices that include this detail in the Invoice Number field. 

While not a definitive range this'd enable you to focus on a group of invoices in a sequence - Would this suit for what you're after here?

10. We would like to request that the General Ledger able to generate with currency amount, currency rate and currency balance.

Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Take a photo of a receipt in the Xero app and upload directly to draft bills. Xero automatically prefills readable data.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As a user of Xero for a few years now, I am finding that there are changes to the website that are adding inconvenience and wasting time. I would like the product team to really think about why they are implementing a change and what affect it will have on the end user experience before doing it. Here are a few examples:

New Contact
    +used to be a single webpage where all info was visible.
    -now 6 webpages. Impossible to see all info at once

Adding new inventory items to quotes
    +used to be a popup that allowed a new…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your feedback, Peter - We have another idea you may have seen related to Contacts.

To give a bit more context, while we've delivered new versions of some features and areas across Xero, this work is enabling us to upgrade technology and we aim to keep iterating on each of these experiences moving forward.
    Some of the points you’ve noted here are being developed, such as the ability to add an item from within a transaction.
    We've also now reduced the number of steps in Quotes by ensuring items created via the link are available to select immediately, and we’re working to improve the experience further. 🙂

I'm going to shift your idea to under review as these developments continue.

13. Enable the Payable Invoice Detail report to total the invoices for each contact. At present the report totals the GST component of each contact's invoices, which I find not at all useful. It would be possible to export the report to Excel, and calculate the totals in that format, but this would be time-consuming.

I use the payable invoice detail report to get approvals for payment. It would be useful for the person doing the approving to see how much each contact's invoices add up to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, returning to the idea here I wanted to check if this is still an issue? With the Payable Invoice Details report you'll find you can 'Group by' Contact and there are options to include Balance, Gross Tax and Net columns within the report so you can get a full break down and totals for each. 

14. Aged Payables Overheads Report. Allow filtering by cost code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you say filtering by 'cost code' - would this be an account or tracking category you've set up n the organisation, Kaytie? 

If you can also share some detail of what you'll use the report for specifically this'll help when sharing back with our product teams. It's good for them to understand how a particular type of report or setup could help a business. 

15. WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO GET MONTHLY SALES TOTALS OF THE INDIVIDUEL PRODUCT ID CODES

IS THERE CURRENTLY ANY WAY TO DO THIS
    WE HAVE THREE WAREHOUSE LOCATIONS PREFIXED WITH WAREHOUSES CODE AND 20 VARIATIONS OF PRODUCT IN SIZES AND TYPES AND WE NEED TO SEE EASILY WHAT IS SELLING MOST ETC IN EACH OF THOSE PRODUCT CODES
    IS THIS POSSIBLE

PETER J FCA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Peter, perhaps the Inventory Item Summary report can be of help to you here. 

You'll be able to filter to only select the items you're wanting to view and can add columns to view Opening & Closing Balance or Quantities, as well as those sold in the period the reports being run - Does this help with what you';re in need of here?

16. To have a report for NET Sales for a month. Currently there is a report that only shows what's payable with VAT (not all sales are vatable) so, when trying to reconcile with the in-house ordering program it becomes a whole big xcel spreadsheet exercise...... takes to much time. the report also includes Prepayments which are not goods sold, but money transactions in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When selecting ACTIVITY under the Statements section, it would be helpful to filter receipts only. I can currently print a Statement of Activity using a custom advanced template I created, but I sometimes want to omit the invoices to show the client a list of receipts only in a nice report format. To recap, looking for a Statement of Activity, but only showing receipts for the period of time I select.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kathi, having a bit of a play with reports this is possible through the use of the Customer Invoice Activity report

You can add a Filter for Source to only select Receivable Payments - this would then show all payments your customers have made without detail of the individual invoices themselves - Have a try and let us know if this solves your needs here 😊

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?