For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

15 results found

1. Ability to create and save multiple addresses for a single contact record

Purpose: Allow customers to map customer & supplier details against a single contact record

390 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we appreciate wanting an update on multiple addresses.  

As many will know here this idea requires a complex solution. We have 12 different products within Xero that rely on contact data as well as many of our app partners. This means that contacts need to seamlessly flow across technology, products and all connections on Xero.

To build multiple addresses, we need to upgrade the technology across all these areas at Xero to make it feasible. However, as you’ll have experienced in some areas already, it's good that the work is well-underway now.

Recent change to Contacts reaches a milestone on our work beneath the surface to upgrade and prepare these products for new features. You’ll see more upgrades happening across Xero that’ll continue to help enable this work.

As things progress, there’ll be opportunities for some of you to support us with usability testing and we look…

2. Would be good to have a function within fixed asset register that allows to part dispose of an asset and to revalue.

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your support for part disposal of Fixed Assets in Xero.  Being transparent - current work for the team requires focus on upgrades to Fixed Asset technology. 

However, we’re thinking of what comes next and partial disposal of an asset figures strongly in this. Please continue to detail your particular use cases here in Product Ideas.

As we continue forming the future of Fixed Assets in Xero insights from Product Ideas here will feed into the team's plans.

3. I would like Xero to automatically lock the ABN on a client's file after the first STP event has been lodged. This will prevent clients changing the ABN when they change the entity's structure and reporting STP incorrectly across two ABNs. Undoing this mess is a nightmare.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback so far, everyone.
    We're currently looking at ways we could help fix double counting for issues at the ATO that have been made due to changes made to an organisation's ABN/Branch number and it'd be great to get input and further feedback from some of you here to help us understand and solve these issues. 

📝If you're interested in participating in this research and would be available to connect (this week) on 24th or 25th November 2022 - Please click through and complete this short survey. Thanks 🙂

4. Ability to record an annual shutdown leave.

Purpose: Payroll admin can easily record annual shutdown leave when they need to make a calculation around separating employee’s anniversary dates and start dates.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bills Overview Tab.... Bills paid tab and the awaiting payment tabs I used to be able to see the amount of the bill, now that has disappeared in the new version. PLEASE add the amount column back or a setting to have it an an optional column. - it is a feature I used to use all the time, and is a major time waster now. It is particularly useful to be able to see the dollar amount when you have a lot of bills from one supplier, but you don't know how much it will be to be able…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing a screenshot of what you're seeing, Sharron.

Would it be possible to try clearing your browser cookies & cache? This could possibly be due to older page data that may have been cached.

The amounts should appear beneath both the Paid and Due columns when viewing both the Awaiting payment and Paid tabs. 🤔

6. Add other gender options for personal settings, non-binary & intersex

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for confirming, Andy - Really appreciate the screenshot. 🙂

I've checked in with our Payroll team where this detail is saved.
    We appreciate wanting more options for gender when entering personal details, and in some regions such as AU & NZ this is optional.
    Currently, in order to ensure successful payroll filings with HMRC in the UK, we need to match the schema they provide. That said, our team are reassessing how this fits in Xero so I'll shift this Idea to 'under review' and can share any updates that come.

7. Xero app to have accounting basis (profit and loss) able to change from only accrual to cash
    You can only see accrual, it is one of the main features of the app for live information, I find it very hard to know how my current month is actually doing unless.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your insights and thoughts for improving the mobile app here, everyone.

Our team are beginning to look into possible improvement for the Profit & Loss report through the Xero Accounting app like;

• customising your date range,
    • drilldown to transactions, and
    • ability to switch between cash or accrual reporting!

For now I'll move this idea to Under review and we'll share more when the team starts actively working on these changes 😊

8. sometimes i get a bit gung ho on bank rec after its learnt.

particularly when teh bank feed has an inv number but as i click rec, i notice the transaction has an old number on it.

id like to see an "undo previous" button

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a few ways you can undo a previous reconciliation already, Garry. 🙂

The Account Transactions tab will show you both reconciled and unreconciled transactions for a bank account. From here you can select 'the transaction where you'll get an option to Remove & redo. 

Alternatively, if you're moving swiftly and aren't quite sure of the last transaction you reconciled, you can jump across to History and notes where you have filters to quickly zone in your most recent activity, click to open the transaction where you can Remove & Redo from the 'Options' 

9. We use another software programme which exports all our customer details and invoices etc into Xero automatically. The other programme uses Google to create addresses. A lot of the addresses include te reo, so include macrons. When the text is imported into Xero the macrons cause non-recognition of the characters, so we end up with a mess.
    Surely in this modern world, Xero, an Aotearoa, New Zealand, developed programme, can be made to recognise our indigenous (Official) language, and allow correct te reo spellings.
    This is 2022 not 1922, please allow us to get this basic NZ requirement correct. Xero…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Karin, would it be possible to get a few more examples of names that you've tried to import and not have show with macrons? 

One of our team have tested creating a contact via import with the name Whakatāne (/mækrn, me-/) and this created a contact in Xero as shown in this image. 

It'd be great to better understand and see if we can look into this a bit more. 

10. As a user of Xero for a few years now, I am finding that there are changes to the website that are adding inconvenience and wasting time. I would like the product team to really think about why they are implementing a change and what affect it will have on the end user experience before doing it. Here are a few examples:

New Contact
    +used to be a single webpage where all info was visible.
    -now 6 webpages. Impossible to see all info at once

Adding new inventory items to quotes
    +used to be a popup that allowed a new…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your feedback, Peter - We have another idea you may have seen related to Contacts.

To give a bit more context, while we've delivered new versions of some features and areas across Xero, this work is enabling us to upgrade technology and we aim to keep iterating on each of these experiences moving forward.
    Some of the points you’ve noted here are being developed, such as the ability to add an item from within a transaction.
    We've also now reduced the number of steps in Quotes by ensuring items created via the link are available to select immediately, and we’re working to improve the experience further. 🙂

I'm going to shift your idea to under review as these developments continue.

11. When selecting ACTIVITY under the Statements section, it would be helpful to filter receipts only. I can currently print a Statement of Activity using a custom advanced template I created, but I sometimes want to omit the invoices to show the client a list of receipts only in a nice report format. To recap, looking for a Statement of Activity, but only showing receipts for the period of time I select.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kathi, having a bit of a play with reports this is possible through the use of the Customer Invoice Activity report

You can add a Filter for Source to only select Receivable Payments - this would then show all payments your customers have made without detail of the individual invoices themselves - Have a try and let us know if this solves your needs here 😊

12. Ability to to show periods of bills that haven't been matched to a Xero project.

Purpose: to confirm that all bills are being assigned to properly to Project.

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thanks for showing your support and sharing detail of how assigning bills to a project would be beneficial to you.

Being something we've received a fair bit of support for - our product teams have started exploring how this could be accomplished and where it'd best fit in Xero.

Early stages, but with progress we'll move to 'Under review' and keep you looped in on the teams discovery. We'll share more as they move through this work.

13. Ability to assign purchase orders to a project in Xero.

Purpose: To make Xero projects overview shows everything ordered/billed & invoiced to the customers.

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your input here, everyone.

Our team is looking into this idea. However, they don't have any dates planned on when they’ll develop the ability to assign Purchase orders to Xero Project for now. They’re currently focusing their work on modernising our underlying technology first, so that we can build more features faster in the future.

Totally understand how this feature can benefit your workflow and get that this isn’t the news that you’d like to hear. But rest assured that our eyes are on the ground monitoring your feedback and votes here, so please keep adding them in this thread.

For the time being, I’ll move this idea into ‘Under review’ status. And if there's any movement, we'll make sure to come back here and let you all know.

14. To have the option to export BACS file type.

Purpose: To get BACS file type, so customer can import it directly to bank system

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to revalue an asset in Xero.

Purpose: Because some assets need to be re-evaluate. Especially for businesses that holds property with its value increasing

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate all your feedback and contributions on how being able to revalue assets you have registered in Xero would help your business.

Though we can't confirm any development of this at present we're keen to get more into the details and better define needs for our customers that would make most use of this function.

We'd like to invite you to participate and share more detail on how revaluations will help you with our Product Team - Complete our short survey here. 📝

As we continue forming the future of Fixed Assets in Xero these insights will feed into the team's plans.

• Don't see your idea?