Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workpapers  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all, thanks for all your support on this idea. This is possible when finalising STP in Xero. 

With the STP2 release, when you finalise STP, if you want to download your employee’s details you can generate an Employee year-to-date report, which you can export this report in PDF or CSV. 🙂

2. Tax Payments – It would be good if we could have a BULK unapproved feature in all tabs, i.e. approved, sent, ignore.

At the moment we have to click on each client and unapproved which is very time consuming.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, thanks for sharing this idea - it’s now live in NZ Xero Tax 🎉

You can now unapprove multiple payment reminders at once. To do this:

1. Go to Tax > Payments
    2. Click on either the Approved, Changed or Sent tab
    3. Select the reminders to be unapproved
    4. Click the Unapprove button
    5. Click Yes to confirm

Thanks again for all the feedback around this idea! If there's further improvements you'd like to see in Xero Tax, be sure to share them with our team here on Product Ideas.

3. Ability to sort/filter the list so only jobs relevant to the staff member show, within the adding staff to jobs screen.

Purpose: To easily see staff’s role within Xero Practice Manager.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, sorry we've taken a little to wind back here. As you may have found late last year we released a few enhancements to Job Manager so you can now filter your jobs by Staff, Manager, and Partner! 🙂

4. Please could you include the Directors responsibilities paragraph in the directors report as this is best practice.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, returning now a few months on from our last update and we're going to move this idea to 'Delivered' with the change the team made to FRS102 1a - New notes and disclosures + Directors report 🎉

5. I just logged in to grab the links for a couple of product ideas I have put forward and I can't easily find them. It would be great if you added in a 'my product ideas' area, so I can see the product ideas I have submitted and if they have had any traction.

Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Caitlin, its possible to view ideas you've supported or contributed to by clicking on your initial avatar in the top right of the page and going to Settings & Activity. 

To analyse this in more detail you can 'Export my data' where you'll receive an  email of CSV's including one for 'Ideas for your [user name]' 🙂 

6. The ability to pull in data such as P60 amounts, Class 2 NI amounts, state pension amounts etc that HMRC have available. Other softwares have this function.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, returning now a few months on from our last update we're going to move this idea to 'Delivered' with the change the team made to personal tax 🥳

You can now download a report directly from HMRC for each of your clients. Our helpful Xero central content will guide you on how to authorise you software to do this. Once the software is authorised, open your client's tax return and click on Download HMRC data in order to download the report. The report includes data on employment, other pension income, state benefits, NIC and marriage allowance.

7. When an email is sent to Hubdoc with attachments, have email and pdf/csv document(s) together as one item, instead of the email going into Failed and the document going into processing. Often the email has information that is not included in the emailed attached document (pdf/csv/etc). The email goes to one tab, the document(s) go to another tab. It's almost impossible to match them back up without going back to the original email to figure out what goes where.

Purpose: To consolidate emails with invoices/bills/etc which often have extra information that is needed to pay the bill.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hubdoc  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello community, as we’ve mentioned earlier, you can add more information from the document that you’ve emailed to Hubdoc by using the #note function. That being said, we’ll update the status of this idea.

If you’re after something else, welcome to raise a new idea.

8. Document packs are currently sorted in order of sent. This can make it hard to track ones that are newly completed (for filing purposes). This is because a newly completed pack could be anywhere in the list. Being able to sort in order of completed would help.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andy👋, happy to share that the team have just released another improvement to the sort for Document Packs and you'll find from today you can now sort by Date Completed!

Jump on in for a try - this should help you stay on top of those packs most recently completed 😊

9. I would like to be able to create a document by emailing in an email with a tax invoice in the body.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hubdoc  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Grace, I’ve checked with my team about your idea here. We’re happy to confirm that you’re able to create a document from the body of the email by selecting the checkbox of “create documents from both the attachment(s) and the body of the email” in your Hubdoc org - see our article here for more information.

Thanks again for giving us your input here! I’ll mark this idea as ‘delivered’.

10. Please fix the layout of the headings in the new reports - Reimbursements shows over two lines when you print the report to pdf, which looks absolutely ridiculous!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback, Emily. Can see what you mean with the report heading and I shared this back with the team. Today we've just released a change to the Payroll Employee Summary report so 'Reimbursement' has now been shortened to 'Reimb' 😊 so this will all fit in the one line now. 

11. We can use a single incoming bank item for multiple invoices or expenses, but I've noticed the converse isn't true.

I had an issue at an eatery where the staff didn't get my food order until everything was paid. So one line came in for drinks and another for food. I filed the entire trip under one expense item.

When it came through Xero, the reconciliation didn't enjoy that I was trying to attribute two items to a single expense.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback here, We're going to shift this idea to delivered. As mentioned in my last update - you can record the expense as a bill in Xero, which enables you to apply multiple payments when reconciling. While you can only reconcile one statement line at a time, you can reconcile more than one statement line to a single bill or invoice. 

It's worth noting spend money is treated as a direct payment, so you can only match this on a one-one basis and you would need to enter one spend money transactions for each portion of the payment.

12. FX rates to be added back to new reports like they used to be in the old reports. Otherwise how do we know what exchange rate is used for conversion at any given time?

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, along with earlier reports I mentioned, our team have now expanded disclosures for foreign currency to the following reports;

• Receivable Invoice Detail/Summary (And all common formats)
    • Payable Invoice Detail/Summary (and all common formats)
    • Contact Transactions Summary
    • Supplier Bill Activity
    • Customer Invoice Activity
    • Bank Reconciliation Summary
    • Executive Summary

With this release we'll shift this across to delivered. If there's another report you'd really like to see this on, do start a new idea and we can begin to get a sense of the interest for that as well. Thanks!

13. New General Ledger Summary Report - please bring back opening and closing column balances for this report.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workpapers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be useful to be able to run a profit and loss for any chosen number of months, showing each month in a separate column. Currently if you set up a profit and loss report to show 12 months, and subsequently want to view results for say 9 months, the report will still show 12 individual month columns, with 3 of these being outside of the report criteria.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible with the newer version of the Profit & Loss. By setting the report date range to a Month you can then set the variable # of comparison periods you'd like - Just change the compare with  when you like and Update 🙂

15. This is NOT an idea, more an omission from the product.
    FOREIGN Capital Gains (foreign CGT ON STOCKS AND SHARES) Is not available in XERO TAX.

Case Ref CX0013265560
    "I am trying to report FOREIGN Capital Gains (foreign CGT ON STOCKS AND SHARES) in an individuals personal tax return. However am unable to find a schedule in XERO TAX that covers this. Please can you assist"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jag thanks for raising this with us - this was always on our roadmap to support, and I'm pleased to say that last week we released the ability to support foreign tax credit relief on capital gains.

To report a foreign gain/loss you just need to add it into the relevant type (we don't break the disposals down by whether they are foreign or not. Then, if you need to report foreign tax or SWT on this disposal, go to the "Foreign tax credit and SWT" section in the capital gains schedule to report this.

16. Start and end times being able to be seen when time sheets are approved for payroll.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, just a quick update to close out this idea 🎉

Towards the end of last year, we rolled out some improvements to the desktop timesheets experience. Now, if an employee submits a timesheet with start and end times, those times will be visible the Payroll Admin or Timesheet approver.

I've included a screenshot as an example, thanks to everyone that added their vote to this idea 🙏🏻

17. Account Receivables Statement of Accounts Balance Column

I urge Xero to consider to amend the Balance Column in the account receivable statement of accounts, Balance should show the accumulation figure or total figure and not repeating the invoice figure again.
    I am referring to the SOA under the option of Outstanding. Please share your view. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, returning to the idea as noted in my last response you can use the Customer Outstanding Statement 

To explain the Balance shown will depend on the date which the statement's being run relative to the date of the payment applied to your invoices - If the payment dates are for future dates of what the statements being run the balance reflected will be the balance of the invoice as at the statement date.

18. On the Xero HQ list, only certain columns have a Sort facility, it would help if
    - Sort by Trading Name
    - Sort by Unreconciled Transactions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, our product team recently released some improvements to the client list! You can now sort the client list using all the columns - including Trading/Legal name 🙌

You can merge or add clients to groups from the list page, and choose how many clients you would like to view per page. 

There's a separate idea for the Ability to sort clients by "Unreconciled Items" which you can add your vote to if that's still something you'd like to see.

19. Currently when you export your Xero HQ client list it is limited to 1,000 rows. This makes the feature redundant for larger practices that have more than 1,000 clients. Please can this restriction be removed?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Alana, just wanted to pop in here to confirm that this is possible! The product team made some changes that enable more than 1,000 clients to be exported. I'll switch this idea over to Delivered 👍

20. Profit and loss account items should be mapped in a way that be represenative of a traditional profit and loss rather than alphabetical order

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Simon, Amanda, and Craig! Thanks for your input here. You can change the order of the Profit and Loss report order by clicking “More”, then tick the Account Codes checkbox. From there, you’ll see the order of the report will be based on the account code number.

I’ve also attached a screenshot here, for your reference too :)

• Don't see your idea?