Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1394 results found

1. When I create a sales credit note for an invoice, there is no option to send it to the client at the same time as approving it. Also, Xero sends me back to the original invoice when I approve the credit note, so in order to send a copy to the client, I have to:
    - create the credit note
    - open the credit note
    - send the credit note

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We have to do annual quotes for the service provided.

So we do 1 day quote and then multiply that 1 day quote with the total days of service provided. If there can be a option of have a total of 1 day price and then a separate section underneath to show the total of certain no. of days, that would be great.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We are in the building industry and receive building contracts with an income schedule. It would be good if Xero had the ability for us to email a payment schedule into Xero, similar to how you can email a bill into Xero, and Xero could automatically create draft invoices in accordance with the schedule. The user can then review the draft invoices and approve them as the stages are completed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In Projects, when you are assigning an expense to an estimated expense, you have to press tab twice to begin entering the name of the estimated expense you want to assign it to. When the pop-up appears, you should be immediately able to start entering the information that is the only thing you can do in that pop-up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to specify a set approver for a specific employee when they submit expenses

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please change the table view on the Business --> Purchase Orders (Purchase Order Overview) to be the same as the Invoice Overview, which expands to fill the width of the page, as the current Purchases Overview is truncated and you cannot see pertinent purchase order details; like the PO name as an example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. All Actions relating to attached files should be recorded in History and notes, eg Attachment added from Files:Inbox, Attachment Downloaded, Attachment Deleted, Attachment returned to Files:Inbox

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make the Xero Me App receipt analysis feature (to autofill expense data) available to expense submitter users.

I was pretty surprised to lean today it is currently only available for admin users, despite it being a feature to benefit the expense submission process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Good Day

We would like to request that the feature or the option to charge interest on customers for overdue accounts be developed as most other accounting packages has this feature and it becomes time consuming when this has to be calculated and brought in as additional invoices when there are numerous accounts that this needs to be done on.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would be really useful to have the ability to add Spend or Receive money transactions (overpayments or prepayments) within the mobile app. At p[resent the only options are bank fees or adjustments. So quite often reconciling transactions requiring this type of action need to be left until able to access a full web browser version.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Product - Streamline creating new variants of one product. It's common to have one product with lots of variants (size, colour, etc). They have different SKUs and description but the same cost price, sale price, accounting codes, tax treatment, inventory tracking. I should be able to create many products on one screen. I know I can do this by importing an excel file that I've created but should be able to do it within Xero.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include the option to add an attachment to a sales invoice note.

Would be helpful for credit control purposes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We noticed some forms use Edit vs. Revise, and Save vs. Update, and other different wording for the same outcome. It might be helpful to standardize the wording in the Options menu across the forms. A standardized options menu for the common options to save, edit, print, send, delete, etc, might help users learn the program faster and increase efficiency of use, overall. It would for us. What are your thoughts?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be great if the Contact Name placeholders could populate the name of the individual person receiving the email rather than just the primary person for a contact.

ex. I have a contact name for a child with the primary person being Parent 1 and additional person being Parent 2. Would love if the Contact Name placeholders could address the email to each Parent 1 and Parent 2 independently instead of just addressing Parent 1 in both emails.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In classic invoicing we can populate the fields in any order we like. My usual route is client > date > tracking as we use the tracking code in both the reference and the description so a quick copy and paste saves me a lot of keystrokes. New invoicing forces you to populate fields in order and I cannot set the tracking code until the description / amount et al are filled.

Please can the ability to populate in any order as exists in classic invoicing be brought across to the new.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow charities to add an option for customers to make a voluntary donation when paying their invoice.

When making a payment through the pay now link, they would be able to add an additional amount as a donation, if they choose to.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In ‘Bills Awaiting Payment’ it would be useful if you could assign (or at contact level) a payment method. Specifically so that anything due to be taken by DD isn’t inadvertently paid on a payment run.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to reject a Draft Supplier Invoice and send a email to the supplier with why their Invoice was rejected.

To often, I receive invoices from Suppliers of whom have forgotten Purchase Order details or have missing information.

There is obviously the option to Approve an Invoice, nut nothing to reject.
    I would like a function where I can Reject an Supplier Invoice and respond to the Supplier with why Invoice was rejected and this information is stored against the supplier and shown as a note on the Supplier History or.

Would also be handy if there was icon or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Xero Me - By adding a reference number field as an optional input you can more easily trace and reference expenses loaded onto the system via the Xero Me app on your phone. At present such a bill has no reference number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I use Xero Me to upload expense receipts and assign to a client. I rename the photo of the receipt so that it should be traceable. The expenses are then visible when I create an invoice for that client. All good so far, however, there are two things that could be improved:

1. There is no option to add the receipt file to the invoice when the expenses are added. Very often clients want to see the original invoice when expenses are charged back at cost.

2. The expense files are saved in the fie library, however, the names I have given…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?