Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1405 results found

1. To have a shortcut to go back to the "Bill to Pay" section immediately after making a batch payment so as to continue making payments

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Angeline, currently once you 'Make a payment' for a batch payment you'll be taken to the payment transaction so you could decide whether to send remittance or export the file for up;load to your bank. 

While not a complete resolve for your idea here, you may find the ability to set a default page for your new bills experience useful so when you select 'Bills to pay' from the Business menu you're automatically taken to your Awaiting payment tab? 

2. Browse all transactions on the "Inventory item list" report, it will also be helpful to reveiw in & out movement and can double check with other source.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When we rebill a transaction to a client that was already paid, if the amount is paid in Euros, for example €5,000, when I issue the next invoice to this customer, the expense automatically shows up to be included in this invoice. The issue is, when I choose this transaction, even though my invoice is also being billed in Euros, the amount is automatically converted to GBP (my company a/c's currency) and then is converted back to Euros so the amount to be rebilled shows us as a different figure either positively or negatively in my favour depending upon the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Generate a pick list of items once the customers make a payment similar to how with the push of a button you can turn quotes to an invoice. Pick list will be used for internal record keeping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to have the ability to create a bill with a negative balance. This way, I can control the full credit to the exact sales tax account. The current way a Credit is applied to a batch bill it takes a percentage off each line item (total due and sales tax). I have to remit tax in multiple states, and the way credits are handled throws off my totals to remit. Right now, I edit existing bills and apply credits within the bill for a workaround. It's a painful process. Creating a bill with a negative balance would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We would like to generate invoice data from our proprietry software which will be posted as authorised invoices and those invoices be automatically emailed to our customers.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Some of our customers have set discounts, however, some of our inventory items have very little to no margin and we would like to be able to block that inventory item from being discounted. Also, freight gets discounted on customers that have discounts saved to their account?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I need Xero to have more payment file formats to upload bill payments into the bank. It is such a useful function, but it becomes too much manual intervention to add columns every time you export the file to match your specific bank's needs.

It will be great to be able to upload a template that can pull the needed info, similar to a Sales invoice templates.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please make a change so that a .doc attachment (eg against a payment) can be opened without having to downloading it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please can we have the option to drill down a project summary/project financial report to only include submitted/paid invoices and to be able to have the option to exclude draft invoices

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We are a meadery that often sells mead in kegs. This idea would also apply to breweries.

I use a "Keg" inventory item to track the physical keg shells. I use a separate item for the product inside the keg. So an invoice for one keg will show two items: the mead itself and the keg. This helps me keep track of our physical kegs on hand, weather they are full or empty.

When a client returns a keg, they receive a credit note for returning the keg. In addition to getting their deposit back, this keeps my inventory correct.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow discounts to be +, so we can add £% to an item where we are adding commission for example. Currently I have to manual amend each line. Unless I am missing a trick and there is another way?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Invoice setting: There should be the ability to remove the Item Name from the Item column when creating or editing invoices.
    Currently it is not possible to show only the items code.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Projects>Time entries
    Currently only one view, in order of entry.
    We enter start and end times for tasks.
    Would prefer to have the ability to sort the time entries page by time started. That way a user can more readily identify parts of their day not yet entered.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The only way of moving (using the keyboard) within an invoice or a bill table at the current moment is by using the enter or tab key. These two keys allow you to move horizontally.

Many times I found myself wanting to move vertically instead! Could we have one key that will do just that?

A similar feature is already present in 'cash coding' and makes the experience of reconciling way smoother. What about invoicing and bills?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remittance Advice - Show check number for vendors to be able to reference.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible to create a new project while entering a supplier invoice in a similar way that you can create a new contact if the one you want isn't there. At the moment if we are entering a batch of invoices and there is one that hasn't had a project created we have to create a new one in Projects first before we can continue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The old Xero version of Products and Services was really useful, as would show individual pieces costs to 4 decimal places.
    The new version only shows 2 decimal places - we would really like to be able to see the 4 decimal places again!

The old version was also more user friendly, as you could 'tab' shortcut from one section to another when making adjustments. The new version you need to use your mouse and select everything which takes much longer.

Would you be able to update this?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We deal with a lot of cash invoicing. (Ebay/web etc)
    We create an invoice and then mark it as paid straight away.
    Then print it , then email it to the customer.

Once the invoice is paid, please can you leave it on the invoice screen instead of closing it down and taking it back to Business Invoices section.

We have to click on it again to open it up to print it and email it. Should be an easy fix in Classic invoicing.

I do not use the "new invoicing" screen as it is not set up for manually…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The purpose of this development would be to add the wages payable & superannuation payable entries to the Match, Find & Select menu. This would allow you to see the payrun for the week or superannuation processed by the program and match as appropriate.

The purpose of this development would be to allow users to see the payment and the actual information processed in Xero and potentially correct issues (e.g. reduce potential underpayment of superannuation/wages at point of reconciliation instead of months later).

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?