Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1401 results found

1. We have multiple people responsible for approving invoices depending on the project's PM - would it be possible to assign specific approvers for each invoice?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Projects, should show full description of Bills & Invoice details, and include partial payments & credits allocated to the Bill or invoices in Projects..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When a client opens an invoice or quote Xero shows the IP address of whom ever opened it and the time it was opened. This is especially helpful when multiple people have access to the invoices. It also shows that the client did in fact see the invoice especially when they claim they haven't. Handy tool for chasing payment

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest in how we can build Xero invoicing for you. Right now we want to be open we don't currently have plans for developing history to include the IP address of the user that views the invoice. We will continue to collect interest and monitor this here.

4. It would be nice to have a business overview dashboard similar to QuickBooks. The existing Xero dashboard is designed for bookkeepers and doesn’t have any valuable insights for business owners. Perhaps it would be better to have two different tabs on the dashboard, one for bookkeepers, and another one for business owners.

P.S.
    Numbers of the screenshot are from a demo account

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great that it would be possible to set a default branding theme for a particular currency. This way the payment details added to a theme tailored for a Currency will match the invoice currency without manually having to set the correct theme in the invoice.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After adding a bill to pay, there is an option to add another bill. I suggest another option, "Add another bill from this vendor". I often process more than one bill from the same company.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. With the current GoCardless for Xero system, there are three options for scheduling payments:

1. You can select an individual invoice and take payment for the full amount in one go.

2. You can select an individual invoice and split the total amount over a number of payments.

3. You can select multiple invoices (for the same customer) and take payment for the full sum amount in one go.

What we need added is a 4th option, where you can select multiple invoices (for the same customer), that the sum total owed and split that total over a number of future payments.

For…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be extremely useful to be able to either
    1. export the main data from all purchase orders / or
    2. be able to make up a custom report

Ie: Supplier, date / reference / ETA / Salesperson / dollar / Revenue identity etc.
    Used For: Sales team, Customer order ETA's etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The ability to create a repeating invoice to a customer group

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to be able to have a link to click that takes you back to the project that the invoice was created from. There is a note to say what project it was but I have to go to projects and find the project, I would love for this note to be a direct link to the project.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great if there was an ability to add 'mileage' against a project (like you can add time) and have that automatically pull through into that employees payslip to reimbursement them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The Project Details report has the option to Summarise by Project Name, however the feature doesn't work if you select multiple projects. Xero support have advised that they know about the problem but don't plan on fixing it. The report just comes back with a message saying "There is No Data to Display". This report would be very useful as it is the only report that shows remaining hours on the summary version. Project reports overall are very confusing and this is the report that makes the most sense and is not working.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Purchase order PDFs only include information that's relevant to your supplier. Fields such as the account code or tracking aren’t included on the PDF. "

It may not be relevant to the supplier but it's critical for the Accounts Payable person to match and code to the relevant account. We track POs based on Property category and also if they are extras to the contract.. A printed PO is attached to the Vendor bill but we have to go back to the PO in the system to see the expense code and if it's extra to a contract.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When draft invoice/s are created via eInvoicing (Peppol network) will xero introduce the ability to call in/ match the invoice against a PO in xero (& subsequently mark the PO as billed)?
    Many of us are required to raise PO's for our purchases - so this would be a handy feature!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To have a shortcut to go back to the "Bill to Pay" section immediately after making a batch payment so as to continue making payments

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Angeline, currently once you 'Make a payment' for a batch payment you'll be taken to the payment transaction so you could decide whether to send remittance or export the file for up;load to your bank. 

While not a complete resolve for your idea here, you may find the ability to set a default page for your new bills experience useful so when you select 'Bills to pay' from the Business menu you're automatically taken to your Awaiting payment tab? 

16. Browse all transactions on the "Inventory item list" report, it will also be helpful to reveiw in & out movement and can double check with other source.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When we rebill a transaction to a client that was already paid, if the amount is paid in Euros, for example €5,000, when I issue the next invoice to this customer, the expense automatically shows up to be included in this invoice. The issue is, when I choose this transaction, even though my invoice is also being billed in Euros, the amount is automatically converted to GBP (my company a/c's currency) and then is converted back to Euros so the amount to be rebilled shows us as a different figure either positively or negatively in my favour depending upon the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be useful to see the Date and Contact Name associated with each invoice and expense that is shown in Projects, rather than clicking to view each one each time.

This is particularly important now that we have realised that those with Projects access but not Standard User access to Xero cannot view the invoices or expenses to see that detail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Generate a pick list of items once the customers make a payment similar to how with the push of a button you can turn quotes to an invoice. Pick list will be used for internal record keeping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to have the ability to create a bill with a negative balance. This way, I can control the full credit to the exact sales tax account. The current way a Credit is applied to a batch bill it takes a percentage off each line item (total due and sales tax). I have to remit tax in multiple states, and the way credits are handled throws off my totals to remit. Right now, I edit existing bills and apply credits within the bill for a workaround. It's a painful process. Creating a bill with a negative balance would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?