Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1405 results found

1. The ability to select items on a PO to move to an invoice showing the PO is partially used/ invoiced.
    For example, if we had a po for 5 sets of £100.00 and only 3 sets of £100 had been invoiced to date, it would be great if the PO on xero could show 2 remaining.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Projects - Make the entire Projects experience better. Today is May 17th 2024, there are currently 300+ ideas, suggestions, and requests here related to Projects, few of which have even been responded to by Xero. It seems clear that Projects is the red-headed step-child of the Xero platform, always the last to the table when the development team starts talking about updates.

For those of us who run project-based businesses, the features requested on these pages are CRITICAL to our ability to understand how our business is doing. I'm calling on Xero to put more energy into building out Projects…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be great to have the following available on the Mobile App:
    1. Send Customer Statements
    2. Convert a Quote to a Draft Invoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For businesses that have more than 1 Organisation on Xero, can we have a button on most pages which allows us to go straight to the same page in another Organisation without having to go to Change Organisation in top left corner then go through all the pages to get to the same page in the next Organisation.
    For example, if Im looking at unpaid invoices or draft bills in one Organisation, can we have a button with a drop down list of our other Organisations which we click on to go straight to the same unpaid invoices or draft…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have two codes - one for rental income & one for rental expenses.
    When reconciling bank transactions to these codes, have the ability to allocate them to a property.
    Have a feature where you can view the outstanding transactions for each property and select the transactions to go on the statement to the client for that month.
    Auto generate the management fee for the month based on pre-selected criteria for that property - either % or fixed amount.
    Auto generate a bill from this statement for the money that needs to be paid to the landlord.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want to assign the customer to repeating invoices like software subscriptions that we pay for our clients. I have those bills in as repeating invoices but I have to assign the customer to them every month. It would be nice to be able to assign the customer on the repeating invoice and save that time each month.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am exploring transferring our quote generation from an external system to Xero however the benefits are not stacking up at present. Here is what I would need to get me over the line.

1. We usually require a deposit at the time that the customer accepts the quote. It would be good to show the deposit required on the quote - for us this is usually 50% and we add that into the quote terms. It would be useful though to specify a percentage deposit in Xero and then show this amount at the bottom of the quote. My current…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Be able to copy reports created in the "Demo" company to a live company instead of having to start from scratch again. The concept of the Demo company is great - to experiment and learn. Just need to easily be able to implement those learnings into a live situation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. At the moment, starting a timer on the phone app will "stay local" to the app (i.e. opening XPM on the web does not show the timer running).
    It would be good if the system was aware of the fact that I am timing a task before it's completed, so if I start it on the laptop (e.g. because I am in a call and I can't easily do it on the phone) I can stop it on the phone and viceversa.

Also, as things stand, an app crash might make me lose the timer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I note there are repeating (aka recurring) invoices and bills.
    I would like repeating quotes as well because every year, we issue a quote to some of our clients for maintenance agreements or hosting agreements. It is basically the same quote every year except that the amounts are adjusted for CPI

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have to create a biill with about 60 line items which contain a mix of duplicate and variable information. As there's no way to duplicate line items in bills, I employed a workaround by exporting Xero's inbuilt bills template file 'BillTemplate.csv'. In Excel I was then able to quickly and easily create 60 copies of the same line item, make the changes necessary and import the csv file into Xero which successfully created the bill containing the 60 line items - thus saving me hours of wasted time.

The only issue is that no provision has been made in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to modify the invoice number once we import a file to create draft invoices.

When we were using the old version of invoicing, we have to import a file to create draft invoices and before we finalize and approve an invoice, we have to remove the "Invoice Number" field (captures our order number which we use a reference number) and once we approved it, Xero automatically generates the next invoice number.

*Please note that in the import file we have to put an information under the Invoice Number column that's why we have to use our order/reference number and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Budgets: Allow budgets to be shared and reports drilled down into so budget holders can see their live budgets without having to pull of reports.
    OR
    Allowing published reports to be viewed by individual users that they can then drill down into.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently Unallocated Expenses in Xero projects just show the item line description Which can make assigning to an estimated expense difficult especially when you have "Delivery Charges" I propose a change so that once an expense is allocated to a project and falls into the unassigned it shows the name of the supplier

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To switch folders when uploading receipts through App. Currently all files uploaded through the app, upload to the default 'Inbox' folder.

It would help, whilst uploading the document within the App, if we could change the folder we're uploading to, to separate expenses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please change the Type of the Invoice Reference field on New Invoicing to Allow for extended text formatting capabilities. Make it the same data type as the Summary Field on Quotes or the Description Field on Invoice Line items. So that the invoice reference field allows and saves Carriage Returns and Tab characters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I did my last invoices at the end of March I could drag an attachment from Windows explorer on to a invoice and it would attach, then click a nice big slider to mark it to attach to the email, and done. One drag and one click.
    That has been removed now for some reason, and you have to scroll to the bottom, click on the files button first, then specifically drag into that box and not anywhere on the invoice. And then the tick to include with online invoice is smaller.
    Previously I could drag on any part…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi Kelly, could we have approve + email plus add another invoice on the same option drop down please, saves soo much time 🙂

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I've made sure to pass your feedback on to the the team, we don't have any immediate plans for this but will be good to build the interest of this here and I can keep you updated if any plans are made. 

19. Could we have a bulk date change please for when we are ready to send a lot of draft invoices or any in awaiting approval (and in the repeating 'payment due date' section)
    we rely on the repeating function but its a pain to go in and change them one at a time when there's loads, especially when they copy over into draft aswell, its a mammoth task

i.e also an option for '30 days payment due upon receipt of invoice' 😃

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. An option to see how many 'days' due in preview section for the new version of invoicing

Could we have an option in xero please to select 'due 30 days' from when we approve/send an invoice ?
    In the classic invoicing when you preview it (before approving and sending it) it would always say how many 'days' it is due as well as the 'due date' this helps as we expect payment within 30 days of the customer receiving the invoice not 30 days from the invoice date.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 70 71
  • Don't see your idea?