Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

246 results found

1. Please provide invoice only + draft users with the ability to create purchase orders from the mobile app

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for raising this, Amy. 

I've done some testing to check around this and can confirm - While not currently available for iOS devices when using the Xero Accounting app, this is possible on and Android device with the mobile app, or when using Xero on a desktop.

There are some complexities adding to iOS and with a very little usage from IO users there are no plans at present to develop this there. However, it'd be good to get a better sense of the interest, and we'll start to track this through the idea, here. 🙂

2. Change the permissions required to connect apps, most importantly the Pipedrive app. Since currently Pipedrive users (sales people) are required to have full access to Xero in order to connect and use the integration. We can't give our sales team full access to our accounts due to sensitive transaction details and salaries contained in Xero as you would expect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Implementing touch ID/Face ID verification for users to log into Xero.

Purpose: Users can have more variety on how to log in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I posted just a minute ago, but don't see where it has posted. So I'm reposting:

After looking around at other invoicing programs, I noticed that the Xero invoice is pretty dull in comparison to others out there. Please look at the comparison of Xero & another. The addition of color within the invoice makes it quite a bit more when seen with color. (see attached)

Is this a possibility within the next update?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Redirect to the ReturnUrl on the login page if you refresh and have already logged back in, eg. from another tab.

Context: I usually have many Xero tabs open. If I am logged out due to session timeout, all of these tabs redirect to the login page with a ReturnUrl in the query string. If I log in on one of those login pages, I am correctly returned to where I was in that tab. If I refresh another one of the tabs after logging in, it stays on the login page rather than automatically redirecting to the ReturnUrl.

It…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As you’ve found, right now it’s not possible to only show the organisations logo or to remove the organisation name from the email. This would help in customizing what is shown to recipients/clients.

The best way to get your voice heard is by adding your thoughts to our Xero Product Ideas. Xero Product Ideas is a Xero website where our customers can share and support ideas for change.

I’ve included a link to the Xero Product Ideas page where you can view and support current ideas or create a new one to share your thoughts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, when an invoice get's sent to Xero, it goes into the Xero inbox. Usually, one needs to go into the attachement itself to view whether it's an invoice or a credit. Once inside the attachment, there's no option to create the bill from there directly. You must go back out, into the list of items in the inbox, click on the three dots to the right to create the necessary document. It would be helpful if we could view the attachement and create the necessary document via that screen, without having to come out of it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. URGENT - Please have a setting to allow XERO subscriber to not allow project user to see the total invoices and billings of the organization. We need XERO improve on this system to create one more layer that allow user STANDARD to

• create quotation, raise invoice and cannot see total organization billing BUT only what they raise and projects that they are involved in.

They will make your system even more powerful! Please review this seriously. Last thing we want is to change to another platform because of this flaw.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It is concerning that Bank Accounts can be added or deleted by users with "Standard User Access or even "Advisor" in some cases.

Considering the whole Xero Accounting system revolves around Bank Feeds, the ability to add a bank account, activate Bank Feeds or even delete a bank account should only be a function available to the Software Subscriber.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It is time to add support for alternative browsers than just the big 4. There are many privacy and security benefits with browsers like Opera, compared to say Chrome. And not so much tracking and privacy impacts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please could you allow the ability in Invoice settings for invoice templates, to show only the quantity and not the unit price. Separating these would allow to show how much of a material is used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The mobile app currently does not ask you to confirm your password when you setup a pin for your account. If you were to miss-enter your pin, which is easy to do, you essentially immediately lock yourself out of your account. The system should ask for a pin, then ask you to confirm the pin before finalising it, allowing you to go back a step if you enter in the wrong pin.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We need to give specific users access to specific sales.
    We have made our employee have draft only sales access, but now we cant collaborate invoices and quotes there should be an option to give users access to specific invoices & quotes, not the total sales in and out

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. having a monthly average additional column option in the account watchlist would be ideal and I would have thought a default setting that most people would want on their account watchlists...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Introduce the ability on the Xero Mobile app to switch between "organisations" in the context menu of the operating system.

I have 4 different Xero entities that I need to upload receipts to, and to have to go into the app each time change the organisation before I can upload is time consuming.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, when you invite a brand new user to Xero who has never used Xero before:
    1) on first log in you need to register for Xero & set password
    2) on second log in, it asks you to set up multi-factor authentication (MFA)

It would be great if MFA could all be set up in the first log in as it creates confusion for the new user on the second log in. Its also easier for accountants when helping clients to set up new log ins if it could all be done at once, rather than Register > log…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Invoice Only : User role - I would like more options assigned to this role. So they can issue payments by cheque. Similar to an accounts payable role. Currently, this user cannot issue cheques, even though Xero states this user can pay bills.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I send a paid invoice pdf to a customer I would like it to show the original currency and also the currency they paid in. I'd also like it to show the exchange rate of the payment, rather than the Xero calculated currency. At the moment this field isn't available in the docx merge fields.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. On the taskbar, it would be useful to have a dropdown option to link through to the last few pages that you have accessed. Maybe the last 10 pages accessed would be good, a mixture of recent searches and recent transactions. I know QBO has this and I use it a lot for navigating.

For example, when I run a P&L and drill down to a specific bill, sometimes I would make an amendment to said bill. When I save and go back it spits me out at the CoA when I want to return to the P&L. So instead…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please enable the Microsoft Word function SKIPIF for use in docx invoice templates. Currently, we can use the "IF" function in customized invoices to skip item records according to its ItemCode, but as noted by another user in the Microsoft Office discussion, a blank row will still appear for records that meet the filter test. Read a detailed discussion of the issue here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/microsoft-word-mergefield-code-to-skip-certain/3414ecba-e0c9-46aa-90bb-b5a205d25f5a?page=1

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?