Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

460 results found

1. Ability to filter Account Transactions report by only Description. Currently description contains both the contact name and line description.

Purpose: Clarity of data when running the Account Transactions report, and ability to better filter and customise the Account Transactions report

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Didn't take long to round back 🙂 - Invoice # and Contact fields are now live in the Account Transactions report. 

When you next run the Account Transactions report, you'll find options to add either of these fields as \columns to the report, or group/summarise and filter by either of these fields. 

2. My suppliers send me invoices by email.

I would like to be able to forward that email to a (unique) email address at xero that can preprocess that bill and put it in a task list of draft bills so accounts payable can then check them and put them into xero formally for payment.

I envisage this working just like tripit.com - there I can email an itinerary document from say an airline or hotel and it will automatically parse the contents, work out the flights, departure times, arrival times, etc and create entries in tripit for me.

I would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi,
    When clients run the cash summary report - they often select Period - 1 month, then compare with - previous 11 periods.
    This report can be run at any stage throughout the year showing the previous 12 months (showing each month on its own column to track trends etc) on a cash flow basis (P&L reports not relevant if there is equipment lines, drawings, tax payments etc).

Most of my clients run this report regularly as it 100% focuses on the cash, showing cash movements during the period.

My issue with running this report is that it only gives…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We wanted to let you know that we've released the improved Cash summary report, where you can now select more flexible date range by clicking the 'Date Range' field, then choose the comparison period from 'Compare with' column.
    To get the full picture on how this new feature works, check out our video here!

Note that if you need to add a total column into this report, you can use the layout editor then add a formula that you're trying to get.

Lastly, we really appreciate your input here, so we'll mark this request as delivered.

4. On my dashboard, I can see details of my current and draft expense claims. I have just added some new expenses in my browser using the New Expense Claim page, and I cannot see these on my dashboard.

Is there a way to make these visible?

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news everyone, as of mid April 2019, you can track the status of your new Expenses from the Dashboard. The "Recent submissions" section has been added for users in the org with an Admin & Approver roles to stay on top of recent claims - Here's an example of what this looks like.😊

5. Are you able to add Bank of Scotland and the Halifax to the Direct Bank Feeds?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, there's been some changes to how bank feeds work in the EU. Under the new standards, each UK bank is required to develop a gateway or API for third parties to connect to in order to access bank account information.

We're pleased to let you know that as a result, we now have a feed available for both Bank of Scotland, and Halifax accounts - you can check exactly which accounts are supported here.

If a specific account type isn’t showing in the list above, or when you try connect your feed, it's because the account type isn’t available from your bank yet. This differs between banks and account types. We recommend speaking with your bank for more info on what account types are supported by them.

As this request has been completed, I'll go ahead and return your votes to you all. Don't hesitate to get

6. On the main Contacts page, please display newly added contacts first or enable a search for recently added contacts. I have Zapier auto importing contact details and this would make things easier. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi guys,

Current Harvest user that would love to just use your projects feature, thought you might like to know the only thing stopping me is the ability to track live time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we've made some great enhancements to the Projects experience, and would like to share these with you all. 😊

You can now track time from your mobile or desktop computer -Within a project, add time entries by selecting duration or entering Start & Stop times where Xero will calculate duration for you.

Through Projects (iOS and Android) app you have access to a built-in timer so you can carry out work in other apps while still tracking time spent on a project.
    And, with our most recent addition you can give Xero Projects permission to access your location data and suggest time entries for you!

8. Adding Triodos bank feed in Xero.

Purpose: To have a better workflow of importing statements into Xero for those who have Triodos bank account.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, rounding back to confirm that Triodos bank feed is now live in Xero for Personal, Business and Charity current accounts! 🎉

Thank you to all those who've contributed and shared input to get this feed up and running. 

9. Having RHB Malaysia current account feed in Xero.

Purpose: To save users time from having to manually import the statement.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show YTD
    Show Total
    available for selection when running report
    Can add them when customising the report, but if you do so, then you will not be able to change the number of comparison periods in the report when you run it each time. Think of a monthly profit and loss report where as each month passes, you would like to show an additional month in the report.
    Trying to create a report pack for a client where there will be multiple versions of the profit and loss report each month based on the tracking categories.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone, hope all is well with you!

We want to let you know that the Year to Date (YTD) option is now available within the Profit & Loss (P&L) report. You can find this feature by clicking the More button, then you can tick the ‘Year To Date’ check box.
    If you want to know more about what you can expect in the Reporting feature space in the future, have a look at our blog here.

I’ll mark this request as ‘Done’, so the votes will be returned to you. Thank you for your great feedback that you’ve given here 😃. (Oct 21) 

11. The ability to get a prepayment report.

Purpose: To see how much credit each supplier has through prepayments

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to rank suppliers based on the level spent of the suppliers/customers.

Purpose: To easily show to colleagues the top supplier/customer their organisation has been dealing with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news!  You may have noticed we've made a lot of change and released lots of improvements to Xero's reports. 

With the teams recent additions, they have provided a simple view of your Top Customer or Suppliers within the Receivable and Payable Invoice Summary and Detail reports - See the image below and get in for a try 📸

13. Please VOTE for this. I would like my detailed general ledger (and other) reports to show me which bank account the transaction is from.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we've recently released the related account column to the Account Transactions report, this shows both sides of the journal (so includes bank account) and can display up to 2 accounts, when there are more you can drill down to view these - Take a look over here for more information :)

14. Ability to have a report that specifically shows all the scheduled payments in Xero.

Purpose: To save users’ time in preparing the report, and manage their cash flow better.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to get reports on outstanding purchase orders.

Purpose: User can get the detailed information on outstanding purchase orders.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, our reporting team have released enhancements to both Payable Invoice Summary and Details reports to enable you to be able to bring Purchase Orders in to view as a Source. 

Along with this, they've also provided common formats to easily view all Purchase Orders, or outstanding Purchase Order at once!

Thanks again for your feedback. We know this has been a highly anticipated  feature for community and we appreciate your contributions.

16. Under Accounts - Inventory all inventory items are listed, including (dimmed) all Inactive Items. It would be great if a filter was installed on this page that allows all Inactive Items to disappear from the display, and if this setting (Hide Inactive Items) could be retained for further visits to this page.

I know that there are some very detailed inventory reports available where such a filter exists but the Inventory page is simple to access and I am sure a lot of users who have inventory are using it frequently as the prime page to quickly look up stock…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're excited to share the team have made some headway in Inventory, and as part of their first cut of work we've begun rolling out a new look and feel to the Inventory Items List view, and providing the ability to filter your Inventory Items List by 'Active Items' only - Something I'm sure will be pleasing for everyone using products & services or viewing items on a regular basis.🙂(July 21)

17. Ability to change font type and size in report templates.

Purpose: To make users’ can provide a report that is more readable, especially for older clients who want to see the report.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for each sharing and adding your support to this idea, everyone.

We've made some steps around being able to adapt the font size of reports through the use of Report styles. Report styles are available to any Xero Partner, and lets you apply different publishing styles by allowing you to set the logo, colour of titles  in reports, and font size of client reports and report templates.

If you're a small business customer, reach out to your Xero advisor to understand how this could help your business, or find one through Advisor Connect today.

We appreciate there are other ideas for improving the format of reports further with improvements such as font type, or text colouring & wrapping - We have an idea across here we'd encourage you add your support and votes to and will share any future improvements on.

18. Ability to add a date paid column in the new invoice reports.

Purpose: It’ll make users see the date paid figure in the report easily.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news everyone! we recently enhanced our Receivable Invoice Detail & Summary as well as Payable Invoice Detail & Summary report to have the option to add a Last Payment Date column. So you're now able to see the date of when an invoice or bill was paid.

Remember that you can always use Save the report as custom, so you don't have to change the report setting each time you're using the report.

Thank you for submitting your votes here. I'll mark this idea as 'delivered' now 🙂.

19. Ability to flag multiple invoices and update the due date.

Purpose: It saves users’ time to update the due date in bulk, especially when their customers have some special terms that can change the due date of invoices.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and support here, everyone. We appreciate how bulk update of the payment date of invoices will save you time and give more accurate cash flow projections. 

As part of the latest enhancements with Xero Analytics our insights team have developed this capability within Short-term cashflows! - You can now update the expected payment date of 10x invoices at a time 😊 - See help on Xero Central for more detail

20. Enable cash basis reporting by default.

Purpose: Because most clients often select cash basis report when looking at comparative reports.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thanks again for your support and interest toward the idea here. 

As mentioned in my last update - our Reporting team have now released Report Preferences to all organisations, which people with Adviser role can find within the Advanced settings. 

With this feature there is a selection of defaults that can be set when running newer version of reports in Xero. Currently this includes whether to show account codes, decimals and (as asked here) ability to set the accounting basis the report is run in and if this is shown on the report. 😁

• Don't see your idea?