Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. It would be nice if you could flip an invoice or a bill to a credit note of each kind. Sometimes when bringing in data from Hubdoc, a credit note will be pushed as a bill, so if you could basically hit a button to flip it the other way that would be great, same with invoices.

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for all the interest on this idea, Community!

You may already have seen on this idea, Hubdoc has rolled out support for automatic credit note detection.

As mentioned by some here, when a credit note is detected by Hubdoc, all you'll need to do is review before publishing to Xero.

Though there are suggestions for a direct button in Xero, based on this availability through Hubdoc, we're going to mark this idea as delivered.

If you haven't already connected your organisation to Hubdoc, you can read more about it here.

2. Add the capability to zoom in submitted receipts. As an approver of claims it is very hard to read the receipts without being able to zoom in or enlarge on certain parts of submitted receipts. This was available in the old “expenses” app which will no longer be in use at the end of February

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bring back the Cancel Button in the Draft Invoice Screen please. We are all human and make mistakes and sometimes it is better to cancel and start again. In the new invoicing you need to exit and delete the draft - losing another invoice number. Please reinstate. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The Add Another Invoice link is not in the New Invoicing. This is really handy and it would be great if it could be reinstated. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A function that was used 100% of the time in classic invoicing

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amy, although discount column may not be visible when you first use new invoicing, you can use the Show/hide fields option to choose which fields and columns are displayed - including Discount, and Save your preferences.

Next time you create an invoice for a customer using new invoicing you'll see your field preferences from the last invoice should be in the new one. 

6. Would be useful to be able to make quote templates for our common products to save time quoting, so you can just add in the customer and send.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When looking at Bills to Pay that are in Draft, we review the bill and approve. We then end up on the approved/awaiting payment bill screen. To get back to the next Draft bill to pay, we need to select "Bills to Pay" from the breadcrumb nav, then select back onto the Draft tab and finaly select the next bill.

It would be good to have an option of "Approve" where we can directly go to the next draft bill to manage.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey everyone, thanks for this suggestion.

Now when you're reviewing a Draft bill, you can click the drop-down next to Approve, and select 'Approve & view next', to take you to the next bill instead of returning to the list. Screenshot attached for reference. Enjoy! 😊 

8. On All of the New contacts Screens (All, Customers, Suppliers, Archived and Groups) have a field Chooser of the data to display on the screeen. Similar (but with more fields) to the Column chooser in the Bills Screens. These settings need to persist for the User within the Organisation.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, just popping back here to let you know that the custom column option has been added to the All, Invoices and Bills tab.

Clicking on the ‘Column’ button opens a list of all data columns available on the tab. Select the fields you wish to see on the page, and Click Apply. This saves the default view for the tab for all the contacts in your selected organisation.

Note - This change is per user, so the columns will not change for other users of your organisation.

9. I would like to be able to display all invoices the invoice #number for easier and faster searches

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new invoicing/quotes is a terrible downgrade for the price fields. It is incredibly strict with regard to numbers that can be pasted. Generally for prices, we are copy and pasting from a spreadsheet or another database. These will commonly have a comma for thousands and a dollar sign. The new quotes/invoices requires these to be stripped out and numbers entered strictly like this > 1111.00. It's a major annoyance and time waster.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for contributing and feeding back on this idea. We appreciate the needs in being able to quickly enter data into your invoices and are continuing to build on new invoicing experience.

With a recent update we've released what you're asking here, and you can now copy and paste numbers that include commas (,), and currency symbols such as $ or £.

11. I want to start using the W9 Management tool going forward. I have a number of Suppliers that I received the paper pdf of the W9 and I have populated the 1099 info manually and attached the W9pdf to files. However, in order to use the new tool effectively, for those that I already have the details for, I would like to manually amend the W9-Status to received, so only new suppliers are highlighted as not received and I can send the link out for completion. Not being able to change the flag to received for historical clients actually makes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, our product team have been doing some work in this space and we're pleased to share that as of today you can now manually mark a W-9 as being received from the W-9 Management page 🎉

This helps you edit the status where you have received W-9 forms through another source, such as PDF.

12. Please give us the option to also edit and custom project reports, I need to add fields, run reports by date and add calculation fields. Currently we have to export available reports and edit in excel, it would be great to do it in Xero.

Thank you, your consideration is much appreciated!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community - this one was released earlier last month, apologies for the delay.

You may have seen that last month, we released an update to our Project reports that delivers this idea! 

In addition to exporting to Excel, PDF and Google Sheets, you'll now have the option to save the Project Summary, Details and Financials reports as a custom report.

To get started with custom reports, check out our Create reusable custom report layouts article.

Thanks again for all your feedback around this idea!

13. When building custom reports, currently there is no way to add a Date column that updates to match the date range specified when viewing the report.

This is available on all pre-defined reports, but can not be added as part of a custom report.

There are many cases where it is desirable to build a report template that can be run for different, user-specified, date ranges, without having to edit the report each time.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Auto select option to attach a PDF copy of the sales invoice by default.

Purpose: Save time having to manually tick the option to include PDF when sending an invoice in new invoicing

358 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, returning now a few months on from our last update we're going to move this idea to 'Delivered' with the change the team made to default to include a PDF of the invoice when sending an invoice from Xero when using new invoicing.

We understand there's a secondary need being asked within this one idea that we'd like to continue to gather feedback and support for and have sprung up a new idea for the ability to default include files attached to an invoice when sending from Xero - If this is what you're after please do join and add your support there too.

A somewhat similar but slightly different need bought up by some is the ability to auto include specific files when sending from Xero - For example Terms & conditions that have been created as a separate file.

You'll find this has been created by

15. Currently the various tabs on the Bills overview have a column for paid value and a column for due value. It would be useful to have a total column so that I can quickly see the value of each bill.

This would be especially useful where bills are part paid, as to find the bill total currently I would have to either add up the paid and due columns or look at the bill itself.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community - we're delivering this idea 🎉

The team have enabled customisable columns in the Bills area, with the ability to show the Total amount on the following tabs: All, Draft, Awaiting approval, Awaiting payment, and Paid. 

They've also added a new column on the All tab to show Paid date, as well as a new Credited column on the All, Awaiting payment, and Paid tabs.

16. Xero AI prompts the wrong General Ledger account for transactions coming through my Bank Feed.

I have a two monthly payments for different types of insurance from the same Insurance company processed through my bank account. The transaction amount differs based on the insurance type but is the same each month in a 12 month period, only going up by CPI. So in a particular month I will get two transactions: 1. Insurance Company ABC $200.00 for PIPL insurance, which goes to my GL account for PIPL Insurance and 2. Insurance Company ABC $ 130.00 for Business Insurance which goes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for sharing your product idea! Find & Match in Xero already includes logic to suggest a matching transaction by comparing the amounts. It sounds like there may be some other logic set up in your reconciliation that’s suggesting the wrong transactions in error.

Since this is already available in Xero, I’ve marked your idea as delivered. I’d really encourage you to chat to our support team on this one, they’ll be able to assist with understanding why your transactions are being reconciled in this way 😊

17. Add an option when uploading receipts to scan in the receipt. This can then take all relevant information from he receipt and give you the option to match this expenses with similar information or to create a new spend money transaction.

Much quicker and simpler than manually adding this information every time you buy from a new supplier, and will be quicker to match to transactions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. INVOICING - in the field 'Unit Price', it would be great to be able to have this default to the hourly rate we charge (and to override if necessary). We send our invoices to our clients at the end of each month, and therefore there are several entries for the daily activities charged throughout the month, hence having to input the hourly rate several times for each invoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability to search bills and filter specifically for a credit notes would be helpful.
    Also, if a credit note has been used the total is $0 - it would be helpful if the total was still shown as paid.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bills to Pay defaulting to "Awaiting Payment". When I am coding draft bills the system defaults to "Awaiting Payment" after I have approved the bill. PLEASE CHANGE THIS BACK to "All" or "Draft Bills". When I'm coding draft bills I don't want to see bills awaiting payment I want to see draft bills whether in the "All" list or "Draft" list.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks again for sharing how we can improve Xero for your experience. The ability to set a default page for Bills to pay has now been released to all users. 

One point that we'd like to highlight is that this setting is device specific - so if you commonly access Xero from multiple devices you'll need to set the default page on each device you use. 

• Don't see your idea?