For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

73 results found

1. Petition for Xero Executives Regarding Alleged "Improvements"

https://central.xero.com/s/question/0D53m00009n36b9CAA/petition-for-xero-executives-regarding-alleged-improvements

I encourage Xero Subscribers and other customers to start commenting and upvoting so we can show the Executives that these "improvements" are NOT improvements!

So, if you have had problems with any of the alleged improvements, some I have listed below, they include any sub issues associated with the changes.

Please add only "I agree" in comments. This will help our overall numbers into a louder and bigger voice.

• New Bills View
    • New Contacts View
    • New Invoice View
    • Retiring of classic invoice layout
    • Xero Support Staff Gaslighting you

Unfortunately, there are so…

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, I’d like to share the new Xero Central page for new invoicing that we noted was coming. 

Along with updates to individual ideas on the site here, this page will become the one source for key feature rollouts including:

• what’s available in new invoicing right now,
    • timelines for features and enhancements going live in new invoicing, as well as
    • a comparison table between the classic and newer versions of invoicing.

We'll be updating this page regularly.

Remember, you can keep switching between the two products between now and September. Thanks

2. I would like to protest the removal of the ASB direct bank link for paying invoices.

The attraction of Xero is that it makes it faster and easier to run a business. The direct payment link was one of the features I appreciated most as it removed the friction from the process of monthly bill payments.

Connecting and interacting with your bank electronically is one of the key deliverables of Xero webware and it seems daft to remove it.

Can Xero review this decision please?

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, appreciate the interest and rationale in wanting to be able to keep the direct payment link feature. Unfortunately, due to low usage levels, we did make the difficult decision to retire this functionality to focus on other products and features that are more heavily used by our customers. We’re sorry this is disappointing.

3. There are so many disadvantages to the new invoicing. All my points have been covered in previous ideas so have voted for them. This note is to add my frustrations to everyone else's on this supposed "faster" way to invoice.

I have even had a customer say the GST was wrong and had to revert to the classic invoicing to fix then return to the new version.

This whole new version is not my favourite and I will be recommended to my clients to consider other software if these Xero "improvements" continue to disappoint. There are other improvements that disappoint…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, Kathy - I've made sure your feedback here has also been shared with our product team and thank you for also adding your voice and votes to specific ideas across the forums here. 

We will move the thread here itself to not planned, however we will continue to iterate new invoicing to keep improving the experience for all our customers. 

4. New invoicing has to go, it is aboslute rubbish and does not work, The new reporting si so bad and hard to work along with the latest change I will likely leave. And no one at xero wants to talk to you, and one reply i saw was basically gaslighting every one into a tough ti..ies it is changing. keep old invoices, and work on weaknesses like inventory for small businesses.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear you're not liking some of our changes in Xero, Fiona. I've made sure to share your feedback here with the team but want to be honest that we will be retiring classic invoicing in September and we will move the idea here to not planned. However, that said we are committed to continuing to build on new invoicing. 

I understand you've seen some of our responses elsewhere and as you may have seen some of the ideas on the site that relate to changes that you'd like to see I encourage you add your vote and join these for any updates. If there's not an existing idea for a particular change you'd like to see please do add it, our product team are taking on board all feedback we're receiving on this. 

5. It seems to calculate values (unrealised gains) for international transactions we need exchange rates.

However after retrieving the rates from XE.com, as well as another provider, we are unable to pull the exact FX values used by Xero, which means we cannot recreate the value from Xero reports. This interferes with our ability to automatically reconcile and may cause confusion for accountants if they cross check.

Xero support advised us that they pull live FX rates at 11pm of the timezone of the organisation, however in general it is not possible to pull these live rates historically from XE.com.

We…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brendan, appreciate the detail provided along with your idea here. We have a separate community forum where you can log ideas related to improvements for Xero's API. While they have a few ideas around exchange rates what you've raised doesn't appear to have been requested yet. 

We'll close the idea in this forum but you're welcome to copy and paste your detail from this to create a new idea in the forum there where others interested can join and we have experts that can keep you updated of any changes surrounding this. Thanks 

6. We have a lot of clients that make payments on account that don't match invoices.

For example they may have a food supplier who they pay £500 a week but this doesn't match any invoices.

It would be beneficial if we could set up a Bank Rule so that these payments are automatically treated as overpayments to the designated supplier ledger.

Currently we have to go "add details", select "overpayment", put in supplier name, then "save transaction" for every single one. A Bank Rule would do them all in the press of a button and save a lot of time.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, while it's really great to see how many of our users are making use of automating reconciliation by setting up Bank Rules, priorities lye in other areas of Bank Reconciliation for the team at present.

We know where our customers would like to see our attention when we have resource to broaden horizons in the space of Bank Rules and Overpayments will be high on this list when the time comes.

To confirm there is no work planned atm, but we'll share if and when this changes.

7. Where the "Reporting Name" feature is used when creating accounts, it would be great to be able to select either account name or reporting name when running reports such as the BS, P&L or trial balance

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we appreciate all the valuable feedback and ideas shared here.

We can see how reporting names would be confusing to clients, so I’m pleased to let you know that our product team have recently made a change that means they are not visible for non-adviser reports 😁 This means the reporting name is only visible on templates within the Xero Business Edition and non-adviser users will always see the Chart of Account name when running their reports.

Reading through the comments here and via our support team, the main need is for clients to understand their reports, which means viewing them by COA. To be open and upfront we don't have direct plans to work on a toggle in the foreseeable future so we're moving this idea to 'not planned'.

8. I would like to suggest the option to defer a vat liability to the next period.
    In many cases, customers raise invoices, but then their customer does not pay for a time.
    The customer in the meantime is forced to pay the vat putting him at a disadvantage.
    I propose the option to defer a vat line item to the following period - in other words, remove it from the present tax return and allow it to reflect on the following tax return.
    This is a great benefit to the customer from a cashflow viewpoint - especially the smaller businesses.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ingrihid, thanks for the idea and support here. We appreciate all the valuable feedback and ideas shared via our Product Ideas page.

I can see that you are based in South Africa and that your idea likely relates to the VAT 201 report. Our VAT 201 return has been developed to comply with SARS guidelines and the option to defer individual VAT line items would go against this. For more information on VAT compliance we would recommend reaching out to SARS directly.

You will see the VAT 201 return can only be run on an Accrual basis. Accrual basis includes all transactions by the transaction date, whereas payments basis includes all transactions by payment date.

It doesn't look like the option to create the VAT 201 on a payments basis has been raised. If this is something you would like to suggest, please feel free to raise this idea…

9. Could you move the navigation buttons in the Financial Statements format (or any format with multiple pages) to the sticky bar at the bottom so you don't have to scroll to the top of the page to move between pages. some format pages are extremely long and it is a waste of precious time

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, appreciate the interest and raising of the idea here, however we want to be open that this isn't something we have plans of developing for. 

Atm, if you're quite far down the page you could use the home button on your keyboard to quickly navigate back to the top. 

10. Is there anyway to retain the old report formats for P&L and Balance sheets post June 2023?
    I find the new format not very easy on the eye and less user friendly. Can we retain the old format moving forward.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, appreciate the interest and feedback on the style of Xero's new reports. Being quite open, older style reports will be retired on 31 July this year (2023) and there will be no ability to retain and continue using the older report formats beyond this date. 

We do want to hear if there are specific differences in the older styles that you'd like to see in the new and welcome you to start ideas for these individuals changes that we can gather support on and could be developed and reflected in the newer versions, but to be upfront here we'll move this idea to Not Planned. 

11. When pulling the Trial balance it keeps defaulting back to the last financial year. Why not set it up to default to "Today" as most of the time you are pulling the Trial balance as it is today. Then if you want to see the Trial balance for the prior financial year will have it already on there in the last column. We pull the Trial balance regularly for reconciliations and it wastes time to keep changing the date and then click update. Although it does not take long to do this, it is still time wasted.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Anita! 

Thanks for sharing this suggestion with the community. I've confirmed with the team that are no plans to change the date that the Trial Balance report defaults to.

However, if there's specific dates or filters you'd like to use each time you run the Trial Balance report, I'd recommend creating a custom report that defaults to today's date.

12. Ability to tick/select invoices over multiple pages.

Purpose: To save users time when they’re doing batch deposits.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community,

I wanted to let you know that the product and tech team have been following this thread and have been listening to your interest in the functionality. We do understand the frustration it’s causing when dealing with a large number of invoices awaiting payment. Your time is valuable, and the challenges you’ve encountered are not reflective of the seamless experience we aim to provide.

However, we are not able to build everything at once. And as a global business with many requests for our different regions and needs, when it comes to payments, we are prioritizing first improving the online invoicing experience to allow more payers to pay online. That is the most critical functionality as we know those using online payments, get paid faster. There are still some critical needs here.

This idea is on our radar though, and as we work through the priority list, it…

13. It would be ideal to have the option to add Wise as a card payment provider for invoices (instead of Stripe). Wise are now offering cheaper rates than Stripe and this would be a good option for some of our clients who pay our invoices by credit or debit card.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, thanks for your continued interest in this idea.

From the 4th September, we removed the option to add Pay with Wise to your Xero subscription for new sign ups, and we made the decision to completely remove the feature from 26th February 2024.

Our team is hard at work on an alternative bill payment solution that uses Open banking. 

14. We should be able to see under each history which invoice template was used to send the invoice. This is a must for audit trail. Thanks Joana

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, appreciate the interest and rationale in wanting to be able to see under each history which invoice template was used to send the invoice.

We are working on improving new invoicing history that'll eventually include when branding of an invoice has changed.

However, we want to be upfront that recording the name of the branding template the invoice has been changed From and To is not something we'll be developing in the near term.

15. We should be able to print the Profit and Loss without having to export to PDF first.

We used to have that ability before the recent changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Doesjka,

As part of our commitment to environmental sustainability, we've removed the Print button from our reports.

As you've found, if you need to print a report you can still export to PDF and print. Alternatively, as a workaround our new reports will fit the page when printed directly from the browser.

16. The "building on beautiful" Xero philosophy seems at odds with many of the ideas posted on this forum. In my opinion users want functionality - not beauty. My idea is to change Xero's design mantra from building on beautiful, to building on functional. At present this seems lost on software designers that place priority on (inefficient) mouse clicks over scrolls, and limited bank rec screens. Have these software designers ever had to deal with large volumes of financial data/documents? It would seem not - they're simply focussed on making it beautiful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your views and concerns to the way in which we're developing and upgrading across Xero's product, Karen and Paul-John. We appreciate the honesty from our customers, and while we will move the post here to Not planned your feedback has been keenly shared with respective teams internally and held high as we move forward.
    Changes we're making provide a more consistent experience that's simpler and easier to navigate. However, it goes beyond being just the visuals - These changes are also to help create the flexibility across Xero to deliver what we know our customers value most. Our approach is to deliver continuous improvement, that consistently adds value to your experience now and into the future.
    Ideas shared through the forums here are vast, and broadly range from improvements to current product through to new innovative features. While there maybe smaller ideas that we can adopt into some…

17. At the moment there are two very similar reports by default. That being the General Ledger Detail and Account Transactions report.

Could you please at some stage remove the Account Transactions report and shift the defaults over to the General Ledger Detail?

For now I can just change the title at the top of the report from the Account Transactions to General Ledger Detail to produce the exact same report minus the Net Movement row.
    If the net movement was required the Net column can be added.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jeremy,

While we appreciate there are similarities between the Account Transactions report and the General Ledger Detail, they have different purposes given that we have millions of users with varied needs. The Account transactions report is generally used for digging into one or two account codes. It can be configured and customised in so many ways, and has columns which are not available on the General Ledger Detail such as Contact, Contact Group, as well as all the multi currency columns. It also has 'related account' to show where a transaction has been coded to, which isn't on the General Ledger Detail.

To be open and upfront, we don't plan to deprecate either of these reports because of those differences.

18. After adding a new location in Square we found that the Sales figures and expenses/tips etc where not being synched into Xero for that location. I raised a query with Xero and Square and neither side had a clue. I found the answer myself when I had to raise a query with Amaka who handle the interface, I did not really know that I had to manage the interface myself as there is no documentation from either side about this. Anway, If you log into Amaka with your Square account you can see that the new location will be there…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Prasopchok, thanks for sharing this suggestion!

As Xero has an open API, anyone can develop integrations for it without providing us with documentation. 

If you need a hand getting set up with the Xero / Square integration, I'd check out this guide from Amaka. There's a link at the bottom of their page to reach out to their support team 😊

19. Lightyear now has receipts but the import in Xero as Invoices. Can we set this up to come in as Spend Money as Hubdoc doesn't have approvals or the ability for the uploader to code without being able to publish.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can you please add the option to include or exclude opening balances for balance sheet items on the trial balance. It is often necessary to only use current year movements for tax planning, budgeting and other accounting functions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the thought, Christiaan. With so many different ways customers would like to view, filter and group items in reports our teams are constantly thinking where these features sit best in the framework of reports. 

We don't have plans for adding the open and closing balance to the Trial Balance report itself. We'd recommend making use of the option within the new General Ledger reports. 

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?