For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

202 results found

1. Be able to edit sent document packs.

Purpose: for when clients ask you to send the pack to a different email address or you want to rename the document pack, or add another document.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thanks for your support and sharing in the idea here. Diving into your comments, there are a few different ideas that we're picking up on within this one thread;

1. ability to change the email address/contact of a sent pack
    2. ability to add additional documents to a sent pack, and
    3. the ability to edit metadata of a sent pack

For the first, we'd like to better understand what is driving the need to change the email address?  is it down to a typo when entering it? or if its on a tax return, is it wrong on the client record etc?

Although it's not possible to add additional documents to a pack right now, creating and sending a new document pack is essentially the same - Is there any reason this isn't suitable?

Lastly, it'd be good to get more substance of how the ability to rename a pack…

2. Please add in the fixed asset numbers in the new depreciation schedule. The old report had this and it made it very easy to review and reconcile. This feature is very much needed. Thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Set the demo company as the first company seen on log-in, or be able to set which one you want to see.

I often use my laptop when speaking with clients and for a split second after logging-in I am on another clients business dashboard until I can grab the mouse and change it to their business. I don't think this is good business practice.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be very helpful to be able to mark individual months in each account as reconciled so a separate list does not have to be done to ensure that each month's books are fully complete. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Report Fields
    Would be nice to be able to auto populate the net profit into new reports as older report packs did.

The older report packs had a net profit before tax / net profit after tax field option how has an "upgrade" to new report lost this feature?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice to have a report where you show the Transaction Date, Account, Check Number, Description, Coding.

Currently the Check Number is not a data field that you can put into a report.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Generate a report listing each individual client and their average debtor days.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Journal report does not show any currency information, it would be very helpful to chow to currency and the debit/ credit source amounts.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. With Xero Ask queries you specify a due date but if the query is not replied to there is no reminder sent to the client once the date has passed.

Can we please have reminders automatically sent, much in the same way invoice reminders are sent.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently there is only the ability to enter 4 Directors names into the Report fields in 'Advanced accounting › Report fields and schedules'
    So when we run the advisor reports, on the Director Declaration's page we have to manually type in the extra directors.
    Can you increase the fields for more than 4 directors and even more than 4 partners.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for engaging and sharing the idea here - Having a deeper read to interpret, there's the ability to add more client report fields that can be included in your report templates yourself (such as Director 5, Director 6 etc) - See detail in our help here.

A couple of pointers to note, are;

• ensure you have the Edit report templates permission, then
    • add the new client report fields at Xero HQ level first; this'll make them available to add in your Report templates. Then, add the names of the directors at the client level.

We hope this helps you overcome the idea here, let us know if this doesn't quite accomplish what you're asking.

11. Xero Sign: Add Template for sending packs and Add a text box option for documents within a document pack:

Is there any way to set up an 'Email Template' message for when we send out our packs? I can't find anywhere to do this is xero or Xero HQ or Ask. We would like to set up a standardised message for your annual accounts...

Is there a way to enter a 'text' field into a document as well as a signature?
    We send out some authority forms to clients that needs them to add their bank a/c details & a/c…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for your support in the idea here. Reading over there are 2 separate requests in the one thread

• Ability to create a default email template for sending document packs 
    • A text box on single documents in a pack 

We have another idea that's been started around the default email template across here and I invite all those interested to add their votes. 

For the thread here I've updated the title slightly for the Text box on individual documents so we can track the interest in each of these separately. 

12. Please let us can edit the layout of our xero advisor listing before our publish out. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We have clients who have purchased their own Xero subscriptions and clients for whom we have purchased the subscriptions.

I have enquired, and at present there is no method of determining which client is which without manually checking each client.

Would it be possible to create a report that can identify the subscription purchaser?

Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently there is no definitive link between posted documents and the Journal Report. Having the Document reference will simplify examination of the audit trail.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would be great if on the 'Ask' Tab when you've loaded the search query and picked the finical period in question you could attached the TB or other reports within Xero with out having download first and attach it.
    It would also mean you could do serval clients in one sitting rather than one at a time, which an email would be quicker for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great if you could add the standard compare tracking caterogies P&L to the management reports pack. At present, the only way to get it into the pack is to create a custom report, but this locks in the tracking categories selected and any future categories added are omitted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. At the moment Xero doesn't have a list of clients in alphabetical order when I go into Staff to amend access. With over 200 clients, it is taking a long time to sort it all out, even if I use the search box.
    Please include functionality so that the client list in Staff is in alphabetical order by default, the same as it was in My Xero staff.
    I would also like to see a number value next to the staff member's name showing how many clients they have access to. Again, similar to the set up in My Xero…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently when a staff member leaves we can remove their access on the clients we subscribe to Xero but can't remove access where the client subscribes directly and has invited them in.

For security purposes, it would be good if the practice admin could easily run a report on the leaver showing all the clients they have access to. You can do this on screen however we want the client managers to get in touch with their relevant clients as they have the relationship.

I recently had a staff leaver with c100 clients I couldn't remove access to myself and…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  7 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. General ledger,
    - (same goes to account transaction report )
    Once generated report, pls Enable view and filter, sort the transaction by clicking specific column, enable filter in every each column drop down instead of allowing only one box to search for different categories.]

• description 2

Sales

• pls enable receipt list as well in sales platform (enable filter feature for every column) It's such a hassle for me to click in every bank to view transaction. Spend money too!
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow the ability to set timeframes to the the reporting currently on Xero HQ.

For example to receive a quick overview of the bank reconciliations at the year end to see how much is to be reconciled and for what bank accounts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?