For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

394 results found

1. An easier way to schedule tasks. A lot of my clients create annual jobs with lots of tasks and want to be able to schedule tasks in the same way you can allocate staff. You hit a button and schedule all the tasks in a list with assignable start and due dates. I have more than 40 clients that I am doing implementation and training and XPM support for, and all of them has asked me for an easier way to do task scheduling.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When accessing the Work In Progress from a client screen the column showing the job name is nowhere near wide enough to see the full description. The box in the centre containing all columns could also be made wider to fill the whole screen. See attached screenshot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have a client family group with 4 people which lives at the same address and now they moved house, so I need to update their address in the system. Instead of updating the address for each individual, I am sure there is a way to prompt the system to detects this old address in XPM, it will then prompt me to change for all of them. I have seen this function when I was using the Solution 6 system about 15 years ago, so I am sure it is do-able.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Johnny, thanks for sharing your idea!

Just checking, the steps below are not applicable here?

From our Change the address for all clients in a group article:

1. Select Clients, then select the Groups tab.
    2. Click the name of the group, then click on one of the clients in the group.
    3. Click Options, then select Edit.
    4. Under Contact Details, edit the address details, then click Save.
    5. Click Update Related Clients' addresses
    6. (Optional) Click All Related Clients to filter related clients by relationships or group members. The filter only shows if the client has at least one relationship set up and is also a member of at least one group.
    7. Select the checkbox for each address you want to change, then click Update.

Let me know if I've got my wires crossed!

4. It would be nice to be able to store all emails re a client that a NOT job specific under a Client Tab.
    We are able to do for Jobs which is neat but to enable us to store general emails under the client would be good. I guess they would need a unique email address just like the job storage of emails? We have tab for Jobs, Documents etc so one for emails with an address would be nice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The ability to post be posted from Xero to XPM based on the invoice line rather than per invoice.
    We have a monthly fee that goes out to clients from Xero that has two invoice lines, one being the consulting fee and the second being a software subscription fee. We would love the consulting fee line to post to the "Ad Hoc" job and then have the subscription line go to a new job called "software recovery".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add restriction on changing bank account details for client (in XPM and tax return).
    Given Optus and related fraud - > not all staff should have the ability to update bank account details on a client.
    There should be the ability to restrict this so procedures - eg phone calls to verify etc - can be put in place.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Custom task rate - although the charge out rate can be amended for individual tasks for a member of staff, there is no "from" date that can be specified so it is applied to all un-invoiced WIP. It would therefore be very useful to be able to have the ability to put in a date from when the new rate should be applied.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can the timesheet in XPM be synchronized to Xero Me?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'd like to add a credit card payment method like in Xero Blue to our invoices in XPM as that is where we create and send invoices from.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability to have certain custom fields show up for specific client types.

For example a "Rental Property" custom field only showing up on the "Individual" clients. Currently this would show up on all clients.

Given that so many different reports can be created from the custom fields, it would be extremely helpful to have only the relevant fields displayed on the relevant client type/structure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We are wondering if you could add a script at the phone number field in XPM so that when we click on client's phone numbers, the website will trigger an application (such as Microsoft Teams) to make phone call. This will save us time having to copy and paste phone number onto the application.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great to be able to look at 2 different accounts/companies at the same time to compare and check timesheets in WorkflowMax. We have staff working over 2 accounts/companies and would love to be able to check they have done their designated hours between both.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would love to see features to the group profile. Even if they were custom tabs from the business settings (so it applies to all groups). Some ideas are:

1. Group information - could be a list of the clients and their partner, manager, class, etc (would be great if each firm could select what client details they want to include from their business settings).

2. Client Fees - could use this section to add services, fees and notes for each client, and then have this total per service, client and group. This way you can update on the go and see the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great to hear you're expanded thinking on the Groups here, Melanie. 

It'd be good to get a sense of interest in each separately. 

I've slightly changed the title of your idea here and welcome to add others for the other ideas you think of around this. 🙂

14. It would be great to have the ability setup recurring invoices directly in XPM for annual agreements rather than "pushing" recurring invoices similar to setting up recurring jobs in XPM.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would like the ability to run a report with any fields that are available for the client - not be limited because a certain field is tagged as a job or tax field. Example is having a report with client, job and tax fields all listed

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The ability to customise the data and the order in which data is shown on the Dashboard in XPM from either a user or practice level

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the detail in your response, Stacey and I'd highly recommend sharing the link to the idea here with others in your business that'd find this useful to help us get a better sense of the overall interest. 

Being open while appreciate the ease this would create for individual users, building customisation at this level would be quite complex. Not something we have plans for at present but we'll get a sense of the interest here. 🙂

17. In Xero Practice Manager - The Custom fields that can appear on the Client and Job are not common data. Eg. When you update a custom field on the Job the information does not flow through to the Client page where this is also displayed. This would be very helpful for a workflow to update in both places.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If a lead has been lost, can that automatically remove the 'prospects' in XPM, or do I have to go and archive them individually?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to become an affiliate if not a BAS agent or tax agent.

I am a chartered accountant with a finance coaching and Virtual CFO company but I am not a BAS or tax agent. I use Xero, train clients on Xero and recommend Xero to all of my clients and would recommend there was an affiliate scheme without having to be a BAS or tax agent.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Lucy, to make sure I understand your idea here. When you say an affiliate would that be an affiliate to make use of AU Tax as a product or more broadly the Partner Program that Xero has for Practice users ? 

20. Have the ability for each user to assign their location and name against invoices in XPM to automatically track across to Xero Blue.

Currently has per job / task the function to track this but it only allows 1 selection for each.

The staff have been creating invoices in XPM then have to go into Xero blue to assign the location and staff.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?