Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1395 results found

1. I'd like to suggest/request that when loading a line item on an invoice that is a negative, that the quantity is loaded as a negative and not the value. We have created a Delivery Note template that excludes the values (see attached), as a requirement from customers that do not want this info displayed on the d/notes. Obviously then, any negative quantities do not show as such.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. New Invoicing - why is there a long Delay sending email?

Seems with new invoicing it can now take up to 10 minutes for the copy to arrive in my inbox, after selecting "send me a copy".

Some clients demand a copy to be manually emailed to the local admin at the local office, as well as having xero send direct to their accounting package at head office

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There are some new features that I like about the new invoicing, like the ability to immediately a new contact. However this is limited to name and billing address, please add the ability to add email address here too!!!

Other classic features that need to be included so I can use the new invoicing:
    - the ability to delete the Date and Due Date for a draft invoice. I draft invoices for the entire duration of a project once a contract is signed. The dates are not known at this preliminary stage however it is hugely beneficial to have this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and appreciate the detail in what you'd like to see, Cairns. 

To help the team stay across and keep customers updated of change we try to limit  ideas to one per thread. I've updated the title of your idea here to reflect your first idea, and we have ideas that have been created for the second and third points and you can join and stay tuned for any progress on each of these. 

4. Why are the attach file buttons in the opposite order in New Invoice from the likes of Bills and everything else?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be helpful to have the option of extracting the short-term cash flow projections into a pdf or excel spreadsheet.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We would like to see customers contact person's name appearing on the invoice we send. One customer can have different people/contacts for different projects/invoices. Currently we can only pull out the PRIMARY contact's name to the invoice, which means if we would like to add a different name, we have to REMERMBER to edit customer's primary contact to a different person. It is very time consuming and easy to forget too.
    Is there any ways we could simply add a contact person against each invoice instead of against each customer? It could be any extra fields we can use, even…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Report - Inventory Item details to include columns for Item code and tracking, or Account transaction report to include Item code and quantity.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have found you are able to customise currency rates in Purchase Orders, Invoicing and Bills to pay, however you are unable to amend this in quotes.

Please allow to amend in all modules

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Backend Autopay Enrollment
    I would like to enter autopay information for each client on the backend instead of them having to set up an account. my clients agree to autopay as part of their service agreement. This should be available on Xero as it is on other platforms.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can Xero please bring back the function enabling the details to be printed with the Chart of Accounts. It was a feature when we converted to Xero, but is no longer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. What happend -
    I imported invoices with an invalid account number. When I went to review the imported invoices in draft, the new invoicing AI technology selected suggested account codes for me, almost to fast for me to notice the account code was blank

Why this is important -
    The "review draft invoices after import" step is critical in getting it right - I should be able to review exactly what I imported to see where the mistakes are. I can see this being an issue with integrations where invoices are imported via the API

What Xero can do - …

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Import the sales invoices to Xero with the PDFs being attached to the invoice automatically. I understand we can import sales invoices through CSV files but to provide relative documents to customers, we need to attach pdf manually. Would be great if this could be possible. This action can save time and possible error of attaching a wrong pdf.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Find & Match: Pagination is not working properly when moving to "next" page of bills.

For example, when you scroll to the bottom of "Page 1" and then select "next" or "page 2" for example. The cursor remains at the bottom of the page.
    It should move to the top of the page.

Once you scroll to #50, #51 is the next logical bill to view, however it goes from #50 to #100 in the view, the user needs to scroll to the top of the page to view the next bill in sequence.

A small bug, but very annoying…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Set-up an email notification to alert users when their Purchase Order has been approved

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include Alt+Key options for cursor positioning rather than having to use the mouse or Tab Key. eg Search, Save, Save and continue, Approve, Approve and add, etc

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would it be possible to add the Sales Overview window to the Dashboard on the Home page? I am interested to monitor all outstanding quotes when logging in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Deposits on Sales and Purchases - will this ever be possible in Xero? The workarounds are fine if you have a few deposits to keep track of. But what if you have many? Like my Art Gallery client where most art is sold on a 'layby' system. The layby isn't recorded as a sale until it is fully paid. The customer makes multiple payments. There is no way to directly link the payments to a pending sale. They all coded on-mass into a prepayment liability account. The only way to keep track of payments is a spreadsheet which is time…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I approve my own expense claims, don't generate a notification for me that my expense is approved. I already know because I just did it. It wastes my time and attention marking those notifications as read.

Just a minor annoyance. But also a quick fix, I suspect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Due to the fact that "Updated inventory selling price is reflected when the next repeated invoice is generated." (Please vote for this idea too) has not been implemented. You need to manually go into every repeating invoice and reselect the (same) inventory item for the price to update to the current inventory price. I think it is a bug, but support tell me it is the designed way. The existing QTY gets reset to 1. This is super annoying as you need to remember was the existing QTY was and then update it again and not make mistakes. If you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When you update the inventory selling price of an item you expect that this is reflected when a repeated invoice is generated. This is not currently the case. The price is ONLY updated when you edit the repeated invoice. Please have an option box on the repeated invoice that allows inventory price updates on generation. Currently waste hours and hours and make mistakes every time an inventory item changes price. Logged support cases about this for years but trying here now. Huge time saver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 69 70
  • Don't see your idea?