Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1488 results found

1. Hubdoc uses a different method of rounding in the "Transaction Details" section compared to the "Destination Section" which causes a "Line item tax amounts do not total to document tax amount' error

It is detailed in full within this post https://central.xero.com/s/question/0D53m00007FW4dwCAD/validation-error-in-hubdoc

It is due to a calculation error of rounding on the multiple split lines. The two values I have on an invoice are $20 and $3.70 including GST. Therefore 1.818182 and 0.336364 GST, if you sum these up it equals 2.154545. When rounded it equals 2.15 which is what my store receipt says and also what is within the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Aged Payables Overheads Report. Allow filtering by cost code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you say filtering by 'cost code' - would this be an account or tracking category you've set up n the organisation, Kaytie? 

If you can also share some detail of what you'll use the report for specifically this'll help when sharing back with our product teams. It's good for them to understand how a particular type of report or setup could help a business. 

3. WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO GET MONTHLY SALES TOTALS OF THE INDIVIDUEL PRODUCT ID CODES

IS THERE CURRENTLY ANY WAY TO DO THIS
    WE HAVE THREE WAREHOUSE LOCATIONS PREFIXED WITH WAREHOUSES CODE AND 20 VARIATIONS OF PRODUCT IN SIZES AND TYPES AND WE NEED TO SEE EASILY WHAT IS SELLING MOST ETC IN EACH OF THOSE PRODUCT CODES
    IS THIS POSSIBLE

PETER J FCA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Peter, perhaps the Inventory Item Summary report can be of help to you here. 

You'll be able to filter to only select the items you're wanting to view and can add columns to view Opening & Closing Balance or Quantities, as well as those sold in the period the reports being run - Does this help with what you';re in need of here?

4. People here in PH are starting to use Xero and I think many more will use it too if you create reports that are required by our Tax Authority such as:

Sales Journal
    Purchase Journal
    Cash Receipts Journal
    Cash Disbursements Journal

Most of our clients are asking for this. I really hope you will be able to implement this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, just wanting to highlight that as Caroline has suggested, it is likely the Account Transactions reports in Xero could be used to create the reports required. However, this depends on what information you require each report to contain.

If anyone is able to reply with more specific details on whether any information is unable to be obtained via the account transaction report this will help our product team better understand what's needed.

5. A Simple EOFY Report for Contractor Payments - to include Income Payg and Super + contractors details + email (for mail merge) all in one report
    I see Xero are in the process of updating reports... Im yet to see an upgrade on contractor reporting, between XERO and the ATO, im sure these clever people can come up with something more efficient. I finally have got Recipient created tax invoices flowing (still could be better if POs worked as well as Bills do in XERO - another idea here) EOFY reports to Contractors and the ATO is very time consuming,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Continue the turnover calculator function post 2022

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On bank header screen where it shows "Statement Balance" and "Balance in Xero" could we have a simple "Difference" calculation to show the actual amount of the difference.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to add custom columns to the Depreciation Schedule report to add more information such as market rates for resale

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to have expenses automatically itemise the receipts I expense, even if incorrect it would save so much time per receipt, if the system could read the receipt and automatically write everything into the itemisation lines also base its guessed off previous inputs and receipts.
    Or to be able to save the names of specific things that go into the accounts categories.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable AIM tax method for NZ
    This is needed for small businesses in NZ to do their own AIM lodgement automatically via Xero without using an accountant. In the GST return, there are three options currently; Standard, Estimate, and Ratio but not AIM. The whole purpose of AIM is to smooth cashflow and make it simpler for small businesses to file one return for both GST and Income Tax at the same time, but it appears this option is not available to us! Please vote for this to be included ASAP as an option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My suggestion is different colors for New Spend Money and New Receive Money Tab so they are easy to differentiate. Even if the New Receive Money Tab could be a darker tone of the same color, it would really helpful and would still look good.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. CPA005 compliant so that a payment file can be uploaded to a Canadian bank instead of having to manually input payments.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Pop-up Notes to link to added schedules in Reports

In the layout of a Report, you can add a schedule which can be numbered and appear at the bottom of the report. When you go back to the main report and look to add a note you should be able to link to the Schedule. Currently, you can only link to text notes.

Interestingly the text notes do get renumbered when you add a schedule but you can not add a note to reference the schedule.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be helpful to have the ability to add overdue invoices into the Short-Term Cash Flow Projection report without having to change any details in accounts receivables.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I do have to raise sales invoices to different clients and receive inward invoices from vendors.

For one of them, if I want for the single contact (to whom I raise sales invoice and receive purchase invoices) to be displayed separately in financial reports as receivable / payable.

Presently, in the balance sheet all the receivables are displayed as account receivables / payable under a single head.

Can we group this single contact in such a way that balances are displayed as a separate contact in balance sheet and not is default group Account receivable / Payable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There's no way to do this in the Balance Sheet. Is there a reason the Contact Transactions reports aren't of use? Or could you explain a little more of the needs this would solve for your business? 

16. Font size of Depreciation Schedule

The more assets the smaller the font gets, Some columns can be taken out,but we do not want that. There should be the flexibily to choose portrait & landscape and over how many pages the schedule will be generated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When creating a schedule in the Notes to the Financial Statement, at present you can't include an opening balance at the schedule level, only once you have created a group within the schedule. It would be useful, if this could be done. Other reports like the Statement of Changes in Equity do have this option, so it should not be difficult to include this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I select a supplier or customer, the list of invoices start off with the date I started using xero 2013.
    Could we change this to make the most current at the top of view instead of scrolling to the bottom.
    The way I currently view is:
    Contacts, supplier, Name, view recent bills report.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stop Xero from automatically changing the Tax Rate of an Account when the Account Type is changed. It's so annoying. Offer/suggest, sure. But don't do it by default. No, I do not want to change Wages & Salaries from BAS Excluded to GST on Expenses just because I change it from Direct Costs to Expense/Overhead or vice versa. Such a dumb default setting.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be very useful to be able to generate a Bill when Reconciling, instead of just being able to "Spend Money". This would allow much better tracking of transactions, since money leaving an account via Spent Money is far less visible than when a Bill is paid.

Specifically:

When PayPal is enabled as a Payment Method, and a customer pays their Invoice this way, the associated PayPal account shows two entries in the Bank Feed ready for Reconciliation:
    1) A transaction fee is deducted from the PayPal account.
    2) The full amount of the payment into the PayPal account.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Faris, generally as a bill is received prior to payment so currently it's expected that the bill would already exist in Xero when reconciling. 

Appreciate your example of where this could create efficiency and we'll get an idea of the support in this here. 🙂

In the meantime, depending on your type of sales you may find an integration in our App Store that could serve by automatically creating the transactions in Xero. 

• Don't see your idea?