Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1488 results found

1. Be able to export to Excel the Account Transactions screen from the bank that shows the unreconciled items

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, I wanted to share that while there's no export option on the Account Transactions screen itself, it is possible to export a list of unreconciled Account Transactions with the Business Bank Account Reconciliation Summary report. If you export a copy of this to Excel you'll find the sections for Plus Outstanding Payments and Less Outstanding Receipts which are the unreconciled account transactions. Hope that helps 😊

2. I have a number of accounts that are archived. However they still appear in the dropdown options when I reconcile an account. This makes for confusion when selecting accounts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. No idea - this was mentioned 5 years ago but the new system seems to have lost the original idea/moan.

This is a very simple and quick one dev-wise.

The "Purchase Order" needs to simply pull through the "customer name" and "contact number" from their profile - once you have searched for it at the bottom of the PO where it says "Delivery Address".

Every other form uses word doc templates where you can choose your merge field name and it retrieves that information from the contact profile. Why does this form not do it?

This is ridiculously simple to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Uncoded statement lines report available under 'Manage Account' and preset to that bank account.

If this report was available under the Manage Account arrow it would be much easier to find and print/process.

Otherwise you need to click click to bank accounts etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow other users other than the person that sets up a feed ability to refresh the feed.

Purpose: Save time and increase efficiency of being able to perform bank reconciliation

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Placeholders are really useful in repeating manual journal entry - could we please have them in regular manual journals?

Oftentimes it will be necessary to repeat a series of manual entries when realising income in advance as revenue however the amounts will vary so a manual journal is required for each instance.

Being able to have [Month] etc in the narration would make it much faster to populate each entry. [Example: "Revenue realised in [Month]"

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Page numbers on draft GST reports
    Whilst page numbers are on the final published report they are not on the draft. Frustrating. Would be nice if that can be added
    Thanks in advance

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bank items to reconcile list ability to toggle all items between 'discuss' and 'match' together as it is easy to miss if an item is showing as 'discuss' but client has uploaded a bill or invoice and it can now be matched

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Is it possible to add more than the two exiting options of "Bank Fee " & "Adjustments" under the reconciling adjustments in the bank rec
    Because the Foreign exchange (FX) rate cannot be changed when submitting expenses, is it possible to add an FX variance option to the list?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently, when forex gain/loss is relevant to an invoice this is always posted to the tracking category relevant to the invoice. For example, when we post a USD invoice to the Art department, this forex gain/loss is recognised in the Art department tracking category too.

This becomes a bit of a mess when we are trying to look at the department budgets and we want to be able to remove the forex gain/loss from the departments and put it into a corporate pot. Please allow the tracking categories to be changed to a default for forex gain/loss!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Import and reconciled bank transfer

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sandra, could you provide a bit more detail of the idea you have here? Would this be for the ability to automatically reconcile transfer transactions from one bank account to another?

12. If you have a credit note (for either a bill or an invoice) with an attachment, you cannot set the preview window for the attachment to lock to the left side. It remains floating only and gets in the way when trying to enter data.

This function is available when entering/editing invoices or bills, but it is not currently an option for credit notes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Xero UX designers seem to be under the impression that users want to select accounts by scrolling though a list of 100 entries every time.

You removed the ability to search for the appropriate account by typing the account name when adding payroll categories a while ago. Most recently, you've removed this from the Bank Rules screen without having to use extra clicks.

Anywhere we're supposed to select an account, either tabbing or clicking into the field and typing the name of the account should search for and select the account, as it used to everywhere and as it still…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can you colour code each row in the "Sales Overview > Invoices" based on "status" so that paid invoice listings are "green", waiting payment are "orange" and overdue are perhaps "red"? At the moment the "Sent" column is the only colour coded column which shows "green" whether the invoice is just "sent" or "viewed" which doesn't make it easy to know which invoice to chase for payment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We have 60+ clients who pay through direct debit which credits the bank account as a single amount. This has to be reconciled as over 400 individual transactions in Xero. We would like to be able to expand the page to view all 50 plus lines. More importantly there should be a "save" option while matching to enable any adjustments and allocations to be made without losing all the previous matches.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the ideas you've raised, Gabi. We ask that each thread only contain one idea so it's clear to others what they're adding support for and also to help when sharing back with our teams internally. 

I've adjusted your idea for the first and you'll find one raised to save a part match across here that you can join, too. Thanks 🙂

16. Could edit the Statement of Cash Flow starting from "Profit before taxation" instead of " Profit after taxation"?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Management Pack report includes the Aged Receivables and Aged Payables reports. When they fall over two pages due to the volume of contacts, the column headings only appear on the first page. It would be useful (and good practice) to repeat the column headings on each page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reports > Editing Layout. Include functionality in layout editor to show only the total of an account group and omit the individual line it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be good to have a feature in Xero invoicing wherein we can set up the end-user as contact then assign the relevant Distibutor/partner as the bill to entity. Then in the AR Aging report, both end-user and billed entity (i.e.Distributor/Partner) should be shown.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Corazon, to check in on your idea - would this be much like the ability to assign a billable expense within a bill or expense item at present? 

Appreciate there's not much reporting on billable expenses in Xero atm, and we likely have an idea I can merge yours in with. Wanted to see if this is the feature you're interested in here first though. Thanks  

20. It would be really helpful if I could produce reports (by various time periods as usual) that list all the bank reconciliations that I have posted to my various accounts that I have created. This is useful for me to check in my book-keeping role to ensure that I have reconciled everything to the correct account, especially before passing everything to my accountant to produce the accounts.

Example:
    Does my "Postage & Stationery" account include only postage and stationery bank statement reconciliations?
    Does my "Salaries" account include only salary bank statement reconciliations?

etc etc

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?