Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

56 results found

1. In Australia one of the criteria to classify as a "small buisiness" is to have 15 or less employees.

Could this also be reflected in Xero's pricing which jumps from 10 employees on payroll to 20.

It would be nice to have a meet half way mark with a fair price for 15 employess.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have a client moving to a different platform for accounting but still needed a stand alone payroll platform for 23 employees and Xero does not offer this so we would be paying for all the other functionality that we won't be using to stay on Xero for payroll

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow casual, one off, expense claims WITHOUT needing to purchase the "Expenses" subscription.

I am the treasurer of a Men's Shed and, occasionally, members use personal funds (either card or cash) for Shed expenses, generating an expense claim. These are rare, usually one off, and might not occur again.

Could an exception be allowed for this, within the software, that would allow a one off expense to be recorded? This could then then trigger the need to purchase the "Expense" module if that person had any future expense claims within, say, 12 or 18 months.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have the a tablet and use a cover with a keyboard, it would be so much easier to use the app if the screen didn't default to portrait mode and activating the screen keyboard. Please allow the Xero app to rotate to landscape so that I can use the cover keyboard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This is actually from My Xero, not Xero HQ. How about to include bank transfer to Xero bank account as a method to make a payment of delayed subscription fee?

When 'Pay now' option cannot be selected at the time of overdue Xero subscription payment, we need to 'Édit payment details' and wait for Xero to process Direct Debit under the situations that the Direct Debit is selected as the payment method. The account is 'locked' while the payment is overdue.

If a bank transfer to a Xero bank account would be possible, and it would be processed in a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If there is a customer query it would helpful if the Xero Support Staff were able to add this as a Product Development Idea themselves, instead of having to send a link to the Xero user who raised the issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have just a client request student pricing/plans as her son is studying and they use a competitor as its cheaper.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The contact details / help required for Xero NOT our contact details should be on the first page. It should not be up to us the client to have to read through various lists of things. We should have the ability to immediately send an e-mail or in some circumstances be able to speak with a human being straight away.
    A lot of times a two minute phone call will sort something out that takes several e-mails back and forth and this means a lot of wasted time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. PAYROLL AS AN ADD-ON IN AUSTRALIA

Please allow payroll as an add on in Australia. The very basic plan is enough for most small businesses and sole traders, but the jump in price just to add one apprentice is prohibitive. I feel small businesses and tradies are not catered for well. We often don't need all the bells and whistles, but just something basic. To pay my apprentice via Xero will cost me an extra $360/year which is ridiculous.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Just a small business that needs only the most basic from xero. Payroll and bank accounts.
    Can "bank account reconcilation" be an add-on to the payroll subscription. Seems a waste to upgrade to standard when invoicing, bills, hubdoc etc are required.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This idea has been raised again and again but XERO isn't listening!!!

The demo company is a great idea, but it makes no sense to automatically reload all the "duff" data every 30 days.

It's VERY simple to achieve a very useful and flexible feature, by....
    1) Be able to clear all the data in the Demo Company
    2) Make the 30 day reload of useless data optional
    3) Enable cloning of an existing organisation

We need to be able to test imports, features etc. and be able to return the "demo company" to EMPTY and if required to restore…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am sorry you and Xero can’t understand Common sense here with Xero accounting would allow the customer to end the trial period which is 2 weeks left to run then continue the new promotion and keep new customers happy the fact of myself saving an insignificant amount is here or there!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Small emerging creatives in the performing arts fields, such as bands and musicians, currently are unable to afford accounting software such as Xero, and as a result, often struggle with managing their finances effectively. Especially given the devastating impact of COVID-19, I feel it would be incredibly useful to provide a Xero subscription discount to eligible small and micro businesses, such as the one currently offered to Football Clubs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The notifications button in Xero is invaluable, this should also incorporate Xero product updates/features/changes. Had I known of the new Direct link for NAB I would have incorporated it long ago, but the marketing emails get buried.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The discussions topics in the forum. I cant filter by most recent

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, Helen. Always good to hear how we could be improving the community for all our users too! 🙂

Appreciate not possible from the Topics list in Xero central atm, however just in case you hadn't seen you can use the search bar, select 'Discussions' to filter the content and you'll have sort options of Relevancy, Newest & Oldest. We'll keep an eye on the appetite, and I'll share any plan of change to the navigation with you here. 

16. There is not possibility to use prepaid cards (e.g. SOLDO) when paying for subscriptions in GLOBAL regions. It was possible in the past. Please allow this feature again, as we see no reason for omitting this payment option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?