Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

244 results found

1. When I send a paid invoice pdf to a customer I would like it to show the original currency and also the currency they paid in. I'd also like it to show the exchange rate of the payment, rather than the Xero calculated currency. At the moment this field isn't available in the docx merge fields.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When a folder is created in Files app, it appears on the left menu and the documents uploaded in the folder appears on the right side of the screen. When there is a long list of folders created, like I am doing with the client, the list goes below the screen and scrolling down option is only the main scroll of Xero that moves the list of folders and the document display screen together. So, checking a document from the folder at the end of the list requires to scroll down at the end, find the folder and select it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please enable the Microsoft Word function SKIPIF for use in docx invoice templates. Currently, we can use the "IF" function in customized invoices to skip item records according to its ItemCode, but as noted by another user in the Microsoft Office discussion, a blank row will still appear for records that meet the filter test. Read a detailed discussion of the issue here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/microsoft-word-mergefield-code-to-skip-certain/3414ecba-e0c9-46aa-90bb-b5a205d25f5a?page=1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There is a significant risk to accuracy allowing the ability to edit an approved invoice without further approval from a higher access tier to what is already provided.

We have experienced a number of clients sending out the invoices to their clients and then editing the invoices, resulting in differences between the original invoice and that on the system. There is no real audit detail either.

Therefore, the request is to consider introducing an additional access level restricting the editing / amending of documentation after approval.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When using the back arrow or clicking on the x - can we have a message to say...

Leaving the Page? Changes you have made may not be saved. Leave / Cancel.

This is to omit leaving a page without saving your work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be good to be able to clearly identify accounting practice users on a clients xero platform. All they see is name and email and it would be good if the accounting firms name was somehow shown to give clients comfort especially where firms outsource work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have the option to change the Avatar/ coloured circle with initial in email inbox, to a business logo when emails are sent from Xero on behalf of the business. I.e when sending out invoices and quotes through the Xero app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As with standard users and bills raised, ability to bulk import invoices from excel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make available to the DocX template a field containing the Template Name, so that its easier to identify which DocX template is being used.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andrew, coming back across your idea here I wanted to double check your idea - Are you saying that you'd like to be able to show the name of the template that you're using on the invoice itself? If so, though not a merge field you could insert static text on the docx template so this is shown on the invoice.

Or perhaps are you wanting better visibility of the template that you're using when sending an invoice. Want to make sure I'm passing this on correctly. 

10. When you 'Invite Staff', the ability to copy an existing staff members 'privileges' will speed up the user creation process significantly.
    Currently I have to switch between two screens to achieve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Default invoice due date / contact due date can be set when integrated with other products that fed the invoices in. Currently it is overriden with due date from integrated system

Setting due date so we can clearly see what is overdue is an excellent feature and would help significantly with accounts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be really useful to be able to give users (dept. managers) access to Xero, but purely for their department, so they can view real time reports (profit & loss etc) of only their department, without having access to the company as a whole, or other people's departments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I use the P&L report (a custom one) a lot and regularly compare the current period I'm analysing to the same period the previous year. I have set this as the default in my custom report.

However, it's frustrating that as soon as you change the date you're analysing, Xero changes the comparison period back to the previous month or previous quarter etc. I want it to stick to my default of the equivalent period the previous year but I'm told this is not currently possible by Xero support so here I am!

The only way to resolve this is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like clients who prepare their own BAS to be able to lock periods - as this is good practice for obvious reasons. Currently if they are a Standard user they are not able to access this area to lock periods. If I make them an Advisor they have access to unlocking prior years and make changes (been there done that - never again).
    Please have the option to give standard users the ability to lock periods (i.e. the first lock period date, but not the second date), or provide a solution to address the above issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Invoice branding is only possible using Microsoft. Would it be possible to make this happen using Google OS also?
    I know there are hundreds of millions of Google users worldwide many of which will be Xero users since your software is excellent software.

Thanks for listening.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. At the moment the Page number function and number of Pages function kill the statement and Quote Templates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can i request for lock period for specify period such as

Tick   Lock./ untick lock

Jan23 /
    Feb23. /
    Mar23
    Apr23. /
    May23. /
    Onwardj

Existing lock practise lock until mar23.
    If i want to do amendment on feb23, i need to unlock mar23 and feb23, then i can do amendment on feb23.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be good if ''xero bills'' would send a failed upload notification message back to the email that it was sent from if the upload had failed. This would mean that you would know what upload had failed and issue that caused it to fail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have just spend over an hour trying to add the 'Expiry Date' to my Quote emails.

I attempted so many ways of adding [Expiry date] as is written on the quote in Xero; however, it just wouldn't work. I found other suggestions that did not work, until FINALLY I found that you have to add this field in your email template as [Expiry].

Now... when all of the other fields are listed in the template, exactly as they show up in Xero; why would you not have the Expiry date the same????

Please have this amended so that there…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to remove unnecessary fields when setting up a client in XPM or ability to hide the blank fields after the setup so that they don't show up in the Client Details Tab. The purpose is to see the fields with details on them only and to make them look neat and tidy. Please see attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?