Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

473 results found

1. Hyperlink Invoice Numbers on Customer Statements (including PDF) to Invoices in Xero, or to External Invoices if the Invoices were imported via API.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community - we're delivering this idea 🎉

The team have been testing a solution over the past few weeks. Off the back of positive feedback, we'll be rolling this out to 100% of Xero organisations. 

It will be enabled automatically for all statements sent out. Thanks for all of your feedback on this feature! 

The team are also exploring a solution to our other top-voted Statements idea, Contacts | Statements - View and Pay Online. We’ve shifted it to ‘Under Review’ for now.

Stay tuned there for more updates!

2. Bills to Pay defaulting to "Awaiting Payment". When I am coding draft bills the system defaults to "Awaiting Payment" after I have approved the bill. PLEASE CHANGE THIS BACK to "All" or "Draft Bills". When I'm coding draft bills I don't want to see bills awaiting payment I want to see draft bills whether in the "All" list or "Draft" list.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks again for sharing how we can improve Xero for your experience. The ability to set a default page for Bills to pay has now been released to all users. 

One point that we'd like to highlight is that this setting is device specific - so if you commonly access Xero from multiple devices you'll need to set the default page on each device you use. 

3. Trial balance should be included as Favourite in reports.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Syed, you can mark any report as a 'Favourite' by selecting the star icon next to the Report name in your Accounting > Reports screen.

I've attached a screenshot as an example 😊

4. Ability to show a variance column as a dollar value on a balance sheet report to show changes over the year and make it easier when inputting this data into another system for preparation of financial reports.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to run the profit and loss new in a currency other than the organisations base currency

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for your contributions to the idea and to those who jumped in to help test and play with the multi currency before the full release.

Today I can confirm we've released the ability to run the Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Budget Variance reports in other currencies an org has been using to all users. If you're using multi-currency in your org you'll find this extra option in each of these reports settings. 😁

6. We would like to have the ability to duplicate a customised report in a financial accounts pack within the advisor reports.
    For example, when preparing monthly reports, they will include a YTD profit and loss report then a month by month profit and loss report.
    The P&L reports can have quite a few customisations like grouping and added formula's etc, so it would be a huge time saver if we could duplicate the YTD P&L then edit to make it month by month, rather than having to start customisations from scratch with a new P&L report.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, this is possible through the use of the Management report in a Xero org. 

If you click the 3 dots next to Management report you'll see you can Create new report pack where you'll have the option to add any of your custom reports that have been saved in the org. 🙂

7. Automatically apply the tax lookup to new invoices, or the ability to set the tax lookup as the default tax rate for certain accounts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Vincent, thanks for suggesting this idea!

Customers in the US can now opt in for our 'Auto Sales tax' feature, you can read a little more about it over on our US Roadshow Blog.

To get started, head to Accounting > Advanced and select 'Sales tax' to start the opt-in process.

8. Include the unique transaction ID (from the Journal Report) on other reports including Account Transactions / General Ledger reports / Project reports / Inventory Item Details report.

Purpose: So we can easily see which transactions have gone through since the last month end / close, as the transaction ID's are unique and incremental. We cannot rely on the dates of transactions as invoices will come in with old dates which will appear like they were posted in a previous month, but are a new transaction. I believe having the transaction ID's on reports will be a significant improvement for the…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you all for your support and feedback to the idea here. We now have the new General Ledger Detail report that includes the option to add Journal ID as a column in the report live to you all! 

Within the report itself you'll be able to rearrange columns to drag and drop this where you'd like it to sit in your report, and once you have set up how you like save as a Custom report to access this format whenever you need. 😁

9. The ability to search for customers by postcode. It's painful having to search for customers by business names when there can be variations in spelling, grammar etc, the customer's name as there may be multiple people ordering. The search function for customers is woefully underpowered compared to other software such as Quickbooks, where you can search by almost any customer details.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, last week we rolled out an update to the search feature for the contacts list view. You can now search for contacts by postcode, as well as phone number and address 🎉

This'll give you more ways to refine your contact search, and make it easier and quicker to find the correct contact. Thanks again for all your feedback around this idea 😊

10. Hello

Would it be possible to have the old v1 General Ledger report in blue Xero that was recently replaced with a new General Ledger Summary and General Ledger Detail report still available to be used.

The new versions a good and can be formatted to look close to the old report but the old report exported to Excel really well with gridlines still showing and reasonable column and row sizes so large amounts of data can be viewed at once.

Many Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We've just released the change! 😁 As per my last update - you should now find the report easier to read and work with with updates to some of the sizing of fonts, consistency in the format of cells, and overall reduced zooming of the reports when you export to Excel. Thanks again, for your support in helping us make reports better for you.

11. The show archived accounts checkbox is unchecjed in the accounts transaction report as default, or able to be unchecked. Currently it is ticked and needs to be unchecked every time you go into the report.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to select log start/end times and breaks in Xero Me.

Purpose: Users can easily log their start/end times and break in Xero Me rather than having to use a third party app.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for your continued interest here. We’re pleased to share that as of today start, end and unpaid break times that we recently announced is going to be rolled out to payroll employees using Xero Me Mobile, and will be available to all employees by the end of the week.

When using Xero Me Mobile, employees will be able to select a new timesheet setting which will allow them to enter start, end and unpaid break time within their timesheet, as well as enter a Note, all of which will be visible to the Payroll Admins using the web experience of Xero Me.

To add to this, we’ve updated My Payroll within the product to Xero Me to simplify the experience and create more consistency. Read these updates and more from product on the Xero Blog.

13. Ability to upload invoice lines into sales invoices (like journal upload) When you have to produce large multi line sales invoices the ability to upload from an excel file would be a huge timesaver instead of having to enter each line individually.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, as noted earlier - You can import invoices with a CSV file. If you'd like to add multiple lines for the same invoice you just need to use the same invoice number for each row of the file. See our help and tips on the formatting of the file. 😊

14. We need the ability to delete a custom report. Many times a custom report is necessary for a period of time then no longer needed. I see no way to delete it. That would be VERY helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be helpful when using XeroMe if staff could advise of earned Time in Lieu to be accrued for a timesheet. Currently they can only record the hours but not whether additional hours should be paid out or accrued

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your continued support of this idea, community. Pleased to let you know that we’ve released further updates to time tracking in Payroll for Australian users.

You’ll now be able to add notes to each new earnings line, providing a bit of extra context for the timesheet approver.

16. Currently if you export from a Smart List, the export includes all contact rather than the list derived from the Smart List.

Until this feature can be added, I suggest removing the Export option from this screen as it is makes people think this sort of export is possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Tony, thanks for sharing this feedback!

It's possible to only export your filtered contact list, by selecting all customers (as you've done in your screenshot) and clicking the smaller export button.

I've attached a screenshot illustrating this. Totally understand that this process could be clearer, so I'll ensure this feedback is shared with our Contact team.

17. Ability to reconcile payroll with a matching transaction as currently we have to enter the weekending and what is for when the wages come up in the bank statement but for bills and invoices it automatically knows what transactions are for what

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create the ability to send statements to multiple customers at the same time. Having to go to each customer to send a statement is VERY time consuming and labor intensive. Create a way to list the customers that don't have a zero balance with the ability to check the customers to send statements to. The user could edit the text of the email one time and it could be sent to all customers checked. This would help a LOT!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Suzette, thanks for sharing this idea!

You can send out statements to multiple customers by starting from the Sales Overview menu.

To do this, select 'Sales Overview' from the Business dropdown, then click the Send Statements button. This will allow you to select multiple customer statements to send at once 😊

📸 Screenshot attached

19. Our Quotes must be very professional this first contact.
    I think must be
    ready changable templates cover page according to customers we have to make change
    and at our offer we have to add goods pictures
    when we send our Quotes that send cover page + Quotes That make us more professional

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Bilal, thanks for sharing your idea!

It's already possible in Xero to customise the look and feel of your quotes, as well as invoices, credit notes, customer statements and purchase orders 😀

You'll need to use an 'Advanced invoice template' for more in-depth customisation, such as including terms or a cover page.

20. A detailed pay run journal report would be much more useful than the current summary version. It is especially unhelpful that selecting the entry in an expense account just takes you to the pay run - it doesn't show you what is coded to which expense account. With many employees this can take a long time to find errors or to manually journal multiple costings

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, 👋 thanks for all your support on this idea, I'm popping in to switch it across to delivered! 

Last year, we rolled out support for the new journal reports 🎉 These can be filtered by account and account code or even the description.

For more information check out our support article on our new Journal reports here.

Thanks again for your feedback. We know this has been a highly anticipated feature for the community and we appreciate your contributions.

• Don't see your idea?