Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

473 results found

1. I would like to check which invoices are not allocated to a project and check for each project, which invoices have been allocated.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI everyone, thanks for your engagement and support here. I know it's been a while since we updated and I'm pleased to be able to share the improvements we've made to add Invoice Number and Invoice Reference as optional columns to the Project Details report😁

When you next open the report, use the 'Columns' option to add each of these detail. You'll also find you can now Filter by either option too!

2. A report to show who and when the account lock dates were changed.

If transactions are entered into lock periods this causes Xero to ot match the closed periods where accounts may have been submitted already. Currently there is no way to see who or when the dates were locked.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, thanks for all your interest in this idea! It’s clear from the comments that identifying when changes are made, and who has made them would be really helpful.

This morning we rolled out an update to the financial settings screen for all Xero organisations to enable History & Notes  🎉

When you add a lock date, it will appear on the History & Notes table below and, for advisers, the History & Notes screen.

I’ve attached a screenshot so you can see this in action and, for more information, you can check out our Xero Central article Set up your organisation's financial settings.

3. Verification of Account. Would like the ability to add an attachment under a contact.
    ie. Suppliers Bank Deposit Slip as proof of account details

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to edit VAT line by line on bills in order to agree balances to supplier invoices (Due to rounding issues)

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, thanks for all your support on this idea.

Tax adjustment functionality varies by region, as this idea was raised relating to adjusting VAT in the UK I'm popping in to switch it across to delivered!

To adjust the tax amount for a line item when creating a bill:

1. Select the Tax exclusive option in the Amounts are field
    2. Click the + symbol next to the Tax Rate heading to show the Tax amount field.
    3. Edit the amount shown in the Tax Amount box.

Our Adjust the VAT amount on unpaid transactions support article provides further information on this process.

We have ideas for this similar option in the AU version here, and another for NZ here that you can follow for updates. For other regions, you’re welcome to create a new idea so we can gauge user need for this.

5. The Xero mobile app currently only allows invoice creation. This creates a two step process to separately record the payment against the invoice. Having the ability to Receive Money via the mobile app without having to use to desktop interface would be a much simpler, efficient and time saving approach for business owners.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gene, it sounds like you're wanting to add a payment to an invoice, from the mobile app. It is currently possible to do this! Just open the invoice you want to receive a payment on and select the add payment option. You'll be taken to another screen to add the necessary details. Our article Record a payment on a customer invoice has more info for you.

In case you were wanting to add a spend or receive money cash transaction in the mobile app, you can do this from the Bank reconciliation screen. From the bank statement line you want to create a bank transaction (spend or receive money) for, select Create. Then you'll be asked to populate the details. I've attached some screenshots showing you how and this article steps it out in more detail.

6. If I'm looking at the "Financial Details" tab for a contact, when I click the "Edit" button, I should be taken to the "Financial details" section of the "Edit contact" page. Currently, it takes me to the first section, which happens to be "Contact details".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, coming back over the idea here this idea has now been implemented with other changes in Contacts. 

Now, when you select to edit a contact from Financial details tab you'll automatically be directed to the Financial details section when the edit screen opens. 🎉

7. It would be great to be have the option of a "related account" or "split" in the Account Transactions Report, so that you can see the other half of the transaction (opposing debit or credit) without having to click on the transaction to view the full detail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Kate - thanks for sharing this suggestion!

You can select 'Related Account' from the Columns drop down in the Account Transactions report to include this information.

I've attached a screenshot as an example 😊

8. Currently it seems the only place to add an expense to a project is within the Projects module. But what if your employees use Xero Expenses to input all of their expenses? There's even a field in Xero Expenses that says "Assign to customer or project" - but no projects can be selected.

Please can we associate expenses to a Project when submitting an expense through Xero Expenses?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As noted(Thanks for the direction here, Leah!) if the user has access to both Xero Expenses and Projects they will be able to create expenses through the Xero app and assign this to an existing Project - see more entering expenses in our help 

When assigning the permission, start searching for the project where you'll see a list of the related projects then pop up for selection. 🙂

There's no way to assign a project to a spend money that's being created through the Xero accounting app atm, this is a bit of a different idea to what's been raised here but you're welcome to start an idea for this that we can get a view of the demand and keep you updated through.

9. would be great to be able to filter current employees when looking at Leave Transaction Report. We have many hundred old employees and have to scroll through all of them to get the individual employee.. also no search function to be able to find the employee easily

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya team, thanks for sharing back on how we could improve Xero for you.

As part of our upgrading Payroll reports with the new version of the Leave Transactions report for both Australian and New Zealand versions of Xero, you can now Search by Employee. So, you'll be able to quickly jump to an employee of interest!😊

10. It would be useful if a Xero Me App - Approver had the ability to view a break down of the hours an employee works across the week (not just the total hours worked) before approving the timesheet. I see there is a lot of support for adding start & finish times and break times in the Xero Me App and this would be an extension of that.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello community 😊

Thanks for sharing this idea. I’ve just updated the title to be AU specific as this feature has been delivered in the AU region! For our NZ voters I’ve split this to a new idea and transferred your votes.

We added a timesheet setting in Xero Me (AU) that lets employees record start and end times for work and unpaid breaks. With this, Team Manager / Approver roles have the ability to review and approve start, end and break time entered, as well as any notes added by an employee on timesheets within the Xero Me app 🎉 

11. Include account codes on profit and loss and balance sheet new reports, the same as you can with the old reports.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, sorry we've not rounded into the idea here sooner! We've made some updates to the Profit & Loss as well as Balance Sheet reports where you'll find you now have options to select More and show Account code 🙂

12. Add the ability to "Drag and Drop" files for upload. Currently we have to save a PDF to then upload from the computer - more often than not we have these files in emails. It would be ideal if we could drag and drop the file into the upload box

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently: In new invoicing we are provided with suggested items when completing fields such as "To:".
    Using Enter at this points selects that highlighted suggestion, but using Tab ignores the highlighted item.

Request: Enable Tab to be used in new invoicing to confirm a highlighted selection. The same function as Enter currently provides within this context.
    Tab is an active keyboard option in other areas of Xero such as Bank Reconciliations so this would keep the UI more consistent.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, we recently made a change to the tabbing behaviour, so now when you tab to a field and highlight an option, tabbing to the next field will hold the selection that was highlighted.

For example pressing Tab in the 'To' field will hold the highlighted contact, and move you onto the 'Issue date' field.

14. I would like to be able to assign a tracking category to the payment. I have the expense going to Tracking Category A but I want the payment from the bank account to go to Tracking Category B.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Exported reports should include page numbering (ie: Page 4 of 5). This was part of the old style reports but seems to have been overlooked in the New Format reports.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, thanks to everyone that shared their feedback on this idea! This is now live 🎉
    This week we’ve released an update to reporting, so you’ll now see a page number when exporting any report to a .pdf. Previously, it was only possible to add page number to Advisor reports.
    I’ve attached a screenshot with an example of this in action, but for more information, check out our Export and print a report Xero Central article.

16. Ability for employee to add notes in timesheet. Detailing works performed.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, thanks heaps for this suggestion.

As you may have seen in our Xero Blog post, we’ve rolled out support for start and end times in timesheets, and with this update comes the ability for staff to add in notes 🎉

As such, I'll be marking this one as delivered !

17. To enable VAT to be shown on Account Transaction Reports for BANK ACCOUNTS
    When reconciling the VAT to the VAT Reports, it is necessary to pick up the VAT from each type of transaction. We can pick up some of the outputs from the Sales Day Book (Receivables Invoice Detail) and some of the Inputs from the Purchase Day Book (Payable Invoice Detail) but what of the VAT which is dealt with straight from the Bank Account with no related Invoice / Bill.

VAT Inspectors require a clear audit trail and although the VAT Reporting itself shows each transaction,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Graham and Susanne, we've recently released a new common format for the General Ledger Details report that provides a more direct overview of the tax entered for all transactions in an org - You'll see this is now available from the left side panel named 'Account Transactions with tax rates'

This view includes all transactions that have a tax implication to the ledger regardless of where they came from. 🙂

18. Remove rejected leave items from view. As currently they are front an center even if related to a historic time for all employee when in desktop version of Xero Me.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all, 👋  thanks for your support on this idea and sorry for the late update. I’m popping in to switch it across to delivered for our AU users!
    Just before the end of the year, we rolled out the option for employees to archive their rejected leave requests in Xero Me web.
    Thanks again for your feedback 😊

For voters from other regions, if this is still something you’d like to see feel free to make a copy of this idea and pop the region in brackets.

19. I can not fine any answer on the web or searching on xero to see if this is possible. I have tried the app but there does not seem to be an option. The xero app would be amazing if we were able to raise a PO. We store product from our supplier and being able to send them a PO at the time of picking would greatly reduce handling of the matter by not having to send an email for it to be raised. In an age where phones and Ipads are becoming more common, this solution would seem…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thanks for staying tuned with us here.
    For all those on iOS we're pleased to share that this is now live for you all just like Android - you can add Purchase Orders and edit existing Purchase Orders from within the Xero Accounting app.

There isn't any ability to send from within the app at present - Start a new idea for this, or another feature you'd like to see in the Xero Accounting app. That way we can begin to get a better idea of the appetite of those, too! 

20. At present, the only way to allocate an overpayment or a credit note against an invoice is to open the overpayment or credit, and click on "allocate payment" which brings up a list of invoices. If there are a large number of small credits, this can be very time consuming. It would be helpful to add an "allocate overpayment or credit" option to the invoice payment drop down, so that you could open an invoice, and allocate the required credits or overpayments against it at once.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Heather, if there is unallocated credit in your organisation for a contact, you'll be prompted if you'd like to allocate this next time you raise an invoice for them. 

This prompt appears for an overpayment, prepayment or credit note - See detail in our help here, and I've attached an pic of what the prompt should look like in new invoicing 🙂

1 2 5 7 9 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?