Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

177 results found

1. Setup external oauth2 identity provider, so the users in one organization can login to xero with SSO

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Community, as mentioned by Kelly in our last update - we really need to have more understanding of the specific SSO provider you'd like to integrate with. 

That being said, we're going to close the idea here as being too broad. For example, we have an existing idea about Azure SSO here that you can join in and add your vote, if you’re interested in seeing changes in this space.

2. For NZ Users, when an employee has opted out of Kiwi Saver (which is confirmed by the tax dept) change the Xero description from "Not eligible" to "Opted Out of Kiwi Saver".

This would have saved me a lot of time and your Team there answering this question :-).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Rachel, thanks for submitting this idea!

The team have confirmed that for employees who have opted out, they should be set up as "Automatically enrolled" then "Opt Out" with their opt out date, rather than selecting "Not eligible".

This matches to the available KiwiSaver options through IR.

As such I'll be shifting this one to 'Not planned', but if the advice from IR changes, we'll update the update the settings accordingly!

3. CANADA : Payroll Tracking Categories. I would like to be able to assign a category to individual employees or their hours worked. We have different projects and it is important to be able to see how the salaries are divided amongst the projects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Victoria, we don't currently have a specific version of Payroll for Canada. 

It’s not possible to use tracking in Xero Pay Run. Pay Run in Xero is very simple and is designed for organisations that have a very small number of employees and uncomplicated recurring pay runs. 

An option could be to apply tracking to their payroll expenses by entering manual journals 🙂

4. Add the graph from the old account summary report to the new reporting as people use it to track progress. I understand this feature will be turned off next June/July so would be good to have it moved over to the new reporting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jennifer the graphs in older versions of reports have been removed as they were running off old technology that is no longer supported. 

There are ways of getting more if a visual view of performance in new reporting with tools such as Xero Analytics, and our teams have also added charts to the Income & Expenses by contact reports to help you keep a track of your top customer and suppliers at a glance. 

It'd be good to understand is there is something missing within these tools that you'd like to see added or improved. 

5. Is it possible to add a quick access to Quotes from the Dashboard or anywhere else? Now, I need to go to Accounts, Sales then "See All" above Quotes.

Can you please add the "Quotes" direct link (same as "See All") somewhere in the front page? Either directly in the Dashboard or under a menu like "Accounts"

Thanks! 😊

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Community! 

Appreciate being able to quickly create a quote from the dashboard is something you’d like to see here.

Being open with everyone, we don’t have plans for developing a button to create a quote from the Dashboard and we’ll leave this idea closed to set the right expectation.

However, it’s worth noting that there are shortcuts that’ll take you through to the ‘All Quotes’ and ‘Add new Quote’ screens.

When you see the search bar in the top right of the screen, you can click this and enter the letter Q to jump straight to quotes.

6. As we have to load bills into Xero to reconcile, (and I use hubDoc to do this now) it would be great if we had the option to send certain bills to Workflow Max to assign them to a job and include them on a client invoice. This would top off this suite of programs for me!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Xero is retiring its WorkflowMax product on 26 June 2024 and has entered into an agreement with tech-led business advisory firm, BlueRock, who are acquiring the brand. As part of this, they have commenced plans to offer a new product. BlueRock’s intent is that their new WorkflowMax product, WorkflowMax by BlueRock will be available to customers in early 2024. You can read more on the blog and on the WorkflowMax website.

7. Xero should provide 'proper' bank/card reconciliation so as to be able to conclusively reconcile the xero record with the source bank account.
    What xero calls reconciliation is merely 'matching' bank feed transactions to xero transactions. This is not really reconciliation to source account because the Bank feed is known to both miss lines of the statement and duplicate lines of the statement.
    If the feed misses a transaction and it is not in xero either you would never know through the existing reconciliation (matching) process.
    Similarly if the feed duplicates a line it may cause it to be created in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andrew, appreciate you'd like ensure what's been imported from your  bank to Xero. We will continue to develop the logic and learning behind matches and suggestions Xero provides overtime. 

As you know Xero has direct connections with many banks and financial institutions to offer feeds and import statement lines from your bank. In many cases these can be auto matched through a bank account in your organisation. 

Despite being thorough in many situations, as these are connections with parties external to Xero, there are cases like you've noted where statement lines can be missed or duplicated - Hopefully you don't find this occurring too often if you do I'd recommend connecting with our Xero Support team to see if there's any way to improve what's being imported. 

Manual intervention and review of bank reconciliation is required to confirm what has been reconciled and imported to your bank to match…

8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your feedback, Sarah. Being honest we did receive a lot of feedback around these default. 

Our team made a recent change to have this ticked by default based on feedback and from monitoring usage of the feature and we don't have intentions of changing this back anytime soon and I'll shift the idea to not planned. 

While we'll close this idea, we'll continue to track if there is significant response to the importance of this from our community. Thanks

9. I have one customer who pays me monthly and 30-40 suppliers who all accept payment on the 20th of the month following delivery. All I need from my accounting software is to fullfill my monthly GST sales tax obligations and my annual tax returns. At present when I apply to log in to Xero (once per month) as a small business owner, I am told to enter a 6-digit security code that is being sent to my phone. However, there is no field there to receive this 6-digit code. Instead I am given the option to try other verification methods.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Hugh 👋

If you've set up MFA using Xero Verify, you'll be offered push notifications, as the primary verification method. 

As you've found, the six digit code method is still available, but as a back-up method instead.

If you're using a third-party authentication app, you won't need to click in to 'Use another authentication method' to enter the six digit code. 

Instead you'll be greeted with the code entry screen immediately, as pictured. 

10. Integrate XERO accounting with Bayzat (UAE) for payroll processing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Aparna, thanks for your idea!

As this is more of a suggestion for Bayzat, I'll be shifting this to 'Not Planned'. 

At Xero, we have an open API, which means anyone can develop an app or integration for the product, without providing us documentation.

If you'd like to see your HR or scheduling software integrate with Xero, I'd recommend reaching out directly to their team 😊

11. Custom Reports on Xero are not really true custom reports as they are limited to only some data.

On some other accounting packages you can include almost any financial or labelled data or contact.

We recently had to recall a product - we could report on which clients had purchased the product but could not draw up a report that included who purchased the item with their contact details or email alongside.

The info is all sitting in the Xero database but we had to individually look up over 50 email addresses to write to them about the recall.

This…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, while we appreciate feedback from you all here I want to be open that we don't intend on enabling the ability create a complete custom report that could include any data field across Xero. 

That being said, our Reporting team have put a lot of focus into Xero's new reports to provide more visibility of activity and transactions, and flexibility to our users in the way they set these up. 

Appreciate the specific details you've noted here aren't currently available in Xero - the closest would be Smart Lists however this is limited to customers at present - if this is something you'd often look up I'd recommend adding your support to the idea here. 

We'll keep developing on Xero's reports - so if there is specific detail/results you'd like to see in a report welcome to start ideas for these that we can gather interest on. 

12. Credit note - please do not change any unit price after a partial credit has been raised

For example, we have invoiced (tax exclusive)
    Quantity / Unit price
    2/ 25
    2/ 25
    2/ 25
    4/ 25
    2/ 50
    3/ 50
    4/ 50
    10/ 50

Client request to have credit on one of the lines (tax exclusive)
    Quantity / Unit price
    2/ 25

After the credit note approved, client request another credit on the same invoice. Now, when we go to the invoice and add credit note, Xero will show, (tax exclusive)
    Quantity / Unit price
    2/ 23.96
    2/ 23.96
    2/…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Demo Mode - Option to "Blank Slate" all the prebuilt settings, to save settings and to upload settings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a live google spreadsheet of my xero contacts.

To allow users to work with Xero alongside whatever else they use, it would be handy if all the contacts in xero are also stored in a google spreadsheet. Most of our records are stored in google and if a user updates a phone number I have to change it in our records and in Xero. Similarly, if a customer changes their relationship with us, I update our records and then change their contact groups in xero. Currently this involves lots of importing and exporting which could easily be replaced with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi John, appreciate the thought and how some businesses are operating among multiple applications, however do want to open that we plan to continue developing contacts within Xero. 

There is opportunity for interested parties to integrate with Xero through our API and more information on that can be found on our Developer community. There are also many CRM integrators listed in our App store that connect to Xero and could provide the system and synchronisation that you're after. 

15. To have a calendar where we could look back, for example, to 3rd June 2021 and see exactly what occurred on that date- who was on annual leave, what invoices were due on that date, what payments were made/ due on that specific date. Reports change depending on the day they are run, so if information is amended after it skews the figures. Could have both options- what the actual business situation was historically, and say an 'include modifications since' option where we can see both- with the date of the modifications added so we can see what changed the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the thinking around your idea, Victoria. In the way Xero works data and reports are updated in real-time. 

To keep a copy of a report at a given point in time you could publish it, and History & notes or Assurance dashboard can be useful in understanding users activity over a period of time.

Being open, this would require quite extensive change and development across Xero and it's not something we have intentions of at this time. 

If it's a circumstance you often find yourself needing, you may want to explore Xero's App store where there are connected and certified partners that can provide back up and storage services. 

16. Expose an API for the sending of remittances to allow automation of workflows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey James! Thanks for submitting this suggestion 😊

Having a quick read of it, it sounds like one for our friends over on the Xero Accounting API feedback page. 

That's the best place to share suggestions and feature requests for things like Xero API 👾

17. The UK Payroll API does not allow payslips to be updated as it does in AU/NZ.

Enabling it like it is in NZ would allow all UK users to be able to upload Earnings/Deductions/Reimbursements/Accruals to the payslip electronically and save massive amounts of time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, sorry we haven't caught this one earlier! Having a deeper read, this idea is actually best suited to our developer community.

I've had a quick look and found this similar idea, that you can join and support 🙂

To help others find the best idea to add their interest to, we'll close this one off. Thanks!

18. Hi Everyone,
    I have a client who has shifted from using MYOB to XERO, she has today requested that in the event that she forgets to place another delivery address on the suppliers purchase order then it defaults to her address. SO the proverbial hit the fan this morning when her supplier has done what was requested on the PO and delivered it to the address noted on the PO this was meant to be in Sydney today for an opening tomorrow 1/11... so now this means a trip from Newcastle to Sydney.... Lucky it wasn't Perth.
    MY QUESTION IS;…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi,

I recently made the error of emailing a draft invoice to a customer by accident. Not sure how i managed to do it - maybe too many drinks whilst completing the invoicing :) haha

But it occurred to me that there should be a way or an option to block the sending of draft invoices. Or even a prompt when you try to send it reminding you it's still a draft invoice. I mean whats the point of approving invoices if you can send out the draft's anyway??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate it's been quite some time since we last updated this idea, everyone.

I wanted to share some of the change that's come through with new invoicing, specifically around the approve and send process, which may now accommodate some of the interest in the idea here.

Approve and Send have been incorporated in new invoicing, so this saves you a bit of time.

Rather than needing to complete 2 separate actions (1. Approve the invoice 2. Send the invoice) this has all become one flow, from a draft invoice if you select 'Send' this'll auto approve the invoice in Xero.

A caveat to this is where you have a Credit Limit set up and it's been exceeded - Xero'll grey out the option to Send.

At this time in, we don't have plans for adding further blocks or warnings when sending invoices. 

We'll keep our eyes on this idea though…

20. I just updated the employees to STP2 and it has gone from a nice clean format where I can view everything at a glance to a horrible, lots-of-white-space, format now where I have to continuously scroll down to see the information. This new format looks terrible and creates more work for the user! This includes both the timesheet approvals page, and the Employee information tax / employment info pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Rachael 👋 thanks for sharing this suggestion.

To be transparent, we have no plans to revert the changes made to the Payroll screens.

These updates are part of “Building on Beautiful”, the work we’re doing to improve the foundations.

As every part of Xero starts to look and feel the same, it will be easier to make other important changes.

These improvements have already allowed us to deliver highly requested features such as Payroll History, and support for STP2.

You can read more about that on our ‘Building on Beautiful' page.

• Don't see your idea?