Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3854 results found

1. The ability to be able to print out a breakdown for the employee of their payments for SMP and how Xero calculates them. This is available in other payroll software

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Current size limit of attachments able to be sent with invoices is 7MB.
    Businesses that are required to send PODs with their invoices and that are photographs of the POD's reach the limit of the attachment size after 2 or 3 photographs.

Email limits at the moment through gmail, outlook etc are around 20MB+ so there is a work around, however makes it much easier and more streamlined to send via Xero.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be useful to be able to send an email to a customer xx days after an invoice is paid.

This could be used for all sorts of things from offering discounts on new orders to reminding them to leave a review for your service. A bit more of a CRM style feature but would help with business workflow and keeping actions in one place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Rather than the very small, blue writing to preview a current GST period, can this please be bigger and a button.
    A lot of clients do not know this feature is in the GST Return area as its too small to find easily and previewing the current return is useful for businesses to know what their current result is looking like, especially if they are using this feature for cashflow/GST saving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We currently have a limitation to fully exploring Xero Me in that for an approver to be delegated as approving leave/time sheets, any notifications will go to their personal email address.

We would like to implement Xero Me, but would like staff accessing it through their work email, not personal email so any approval emails are going straight to a work email address.

The issue is that we intend to continue emailing payslips as good practise (and because of the ease of doing it in Xero), but these would be required to go to staff's personal emails for perpetual access…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There is a difference between the functionality of new quote page and the old one.

On the old quote page, when a new contact was entered and the quote was saved, you could then click directly on the contact field which was linked to the contact page. This allowed you to quickly add additional info (email address, phone number, etc). This made emailing the quote quick and easy.

On the new form, after you save the quote the contact name remains in edit mode.... so you cannot click on it to get to the contact page. There is no link…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A report to show transactions that have been posted including the account code and the projects that the transactions have been assigned to with data parameters.

We reconcile the sales, direct costs and gross profit amounts from the project summary report to the same amounts in the profit and loss report but currently there is no way to identify differences when they arise. The above report will really be helpful!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As a firm of around 25 accountants, we all may need access to a particular client at any point in time. Currently however, the client is aware of each individual user (i.e. 25 users) rather than an as a practice.

It would be therefore be good if Xero operated like Sage or QBs whereby the client only sees the practice as having access to their data.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Expenses - Clone or Copy an Existing Expense

My team have asked if we can make a 'copy to new Expense feature' from an existing Expense. Most of the expenses they enter are similar and just have a different amount and different receipt image. It would save them a lot of time if they could clone an existing Expense. Thank you.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When setting up Xero payroll, have the option of uploading tax information (IRD number, tax code etc.), as currently needs to be done individually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be extremely helpful to have a 'master' input at the top of each column of a quote / invoice / bill etc so that the master input is then auto-populated under that column heading for all line-items of the quote / invoice / bill.

For instance, my sales code is likely to be the same for each item of a given invoice, and yet I need to input this code as many times as the number of line-items in the invoice - rather than just once. Same for eg tax code and, in my case, I have a…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Be able to send a remittance for a future payment. Currently you can only send remittances a day after the payment has been made when the bank feed has been updated. We have suppliers who wont process our payments without a remittance meaning we run the risk of our account being stopped or alternatively we have to generate a remittance using word which is just duplicating work.

You should be able to generate a remittance for any payment set up and not have to wait 24 hours after the payment is released form the bank account.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a Filter to 'Purchase Overview' that allows a 'Tracking Category' option when making a payment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, apart from rolling back depreciation prior to the first asset being allocated to an Asset Type, it isn't possible to update the accounts code without a lot of hassle.

For example, a general depreciation code may have been assigned to an Asset Type. If you would like to update this to a specific code, e.g. "Depreciation - Plant & Equipment", it is a difficult process with the potential for unintended changes to prior years.

As a result, a common workaround is having to do a journal to reallocate the depreciation amount for each period. However, if you could simply…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I found the reconciliation options too complicated for my use case. I didn't understand or need the codes and found my best efforts left the balances showing the wrong amounts. Really all I would need is a distinction between "Money in" and "Money out", and custom tagging so I could track my own categories rather than try to make sense of a technical coding system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There is a new feature on Xero Payroll that creates employee numbers automatically on employee creation. A great new feature, it gets my vote. It would be good if this worked for bulk import, e.g. by setting the employee number field in the import as blank. (When I tried this it didn't work).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great if we could search in the files that are attached in the file library. Sometimes you need to find something that was attached a long time ago or by someone else and if you could enter a keyword search it would save trawling through them page by page.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would be good to have in Spend Money option to insert multiple lines like in Bills & Invoices

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be GREAT (ok essential) to have the "Related account" column available here.

A list of transactions by contact at it is, with date,VAT and total amount is ok but a CRUCIAL column is missing.

"Related account" column is crucial/ essenital/ a mist because we often need to check consistency of posting to the correct account, which we cannot do right now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Where payroll is handled through Xero, please block the ability for client users to post bank transactions to Wages expense account and Superannuation expense account. It is time consuming to recode entries to the Wages payable account and Superannuation payable account. I have told some clients several times to not use the expense accounts but they still do it. If access to the expense accounts could be blocked when payroll is done through Xero, it would save a lot of time fixing the ledger accounts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?