For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

429 results found

1. I love the new Job Manager view where you can hide or show columns as you need. I would LOVE a column for comments. For example say a job is waiting for a client to send a particular document I'd love to be able to add that in that view. Or maybe that field could show the latest note made in that job. It woudl save us having to click into the job to see what was holding it up.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have just learned that XPM does not connect to Outlook and thus Client data is not synced. I thought this would be the most important information to sync with outlook, Afterall clients are who accountants communicate with most.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It isn't possible to add a quantity column to a report, nor is it possible to pull through Qty data entered in Xero or create a cell the Qty can be manually typed into.

You can add a note column but this would be to link to a section of the report pack, not a quantity loaded into Xero or a box we could manually type the quantity into. Further the notes section functionality is unable to be renamed and can only be linked to other reports in the report pack. It does not work to bring through Qty data.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. XPM job financial summary is available from the job screen and financial tab, under "print financial summary". As currently prepared the financial summary does not report actual invoices and total amount invoiced, in addition the report does not include the profitability measures for rate per hour and recovery percentage. This would be useful to have these calculated and presented at the top of the report.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Per the attached screenshots, it would significantly increase efficiency to be able to use quick keyboard shortcuts when entering timesheets. Specifically the + and SAVE buttons, as almost everything else can be entered using the keyboard alone.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to build a client report that shows the XPM client name but then also shows their Connected Xero organsiation (as this is often different to the XPM name).

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the timesheets window, a button which takes you back to todays timesheet.

I often have to scroll back, and prepare prior period timesheets, and so it would be handy to have a "today" button, which will automatically return you to the current days timesheet - rather than having to scroll forward (similar to handisoft practice manager).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide an option under the client group to bill wip that's under multiple clients in the group with one invoice.

At the moment it appears this can only be done under Invoices in the Business menu. Under the client group itself, while an invoice can be created for multiple jobs for one client, you can't create a single invoice to bill wip that's under multiple clients in the group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. On the timesheet entry page, allow users to type keywords in the "Job" section and show search results.
    At present you have to click the dropdown, which lists all open jobs, and then find the job you are working on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AUDIT CHECK FOR DIVIDENDS RWT AND IMPUTATION CREDITS IS TOO SENSITIVE - IT IS PICKING UP VERY SMALL ROUNDING AND ALERTING.
    Xero needs to allow for the "rounding" to be accepted - maybe expand the parameters. Unless we go into the return and round it up or down (which is a terrible waste of time) then the alert stays there, and we then get the scenario of anybody looking at the return wondering if there is an error and then they go and check - once again - a terrible waste of time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can we have the ability to search for a transaction , by amount , payee or description across all bank accounts. Rather than having to go into each bank account and sort dates etc and than search. Having the option to choose all bank accounts, rather than an individual bank account would be awesome.

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, I wanted to share that the recent updates for the Reconcile page have now been released to all users. This includes a search bar at the top of the page and includes filters for date range and amount. This provides the ability to look up criteria of your statement lines and narrow down your search. 

You'll also find you can now view more statement lines per page, with up to 50 at a time - You'll find more on this and other updates shared on our blog. 

We appreciate the ask on this idea is a search across all statement lines, across all bank accounts. I want to confirm this is not something we have plans for developing at this stage, and I'll move this idea back to 'submitted' so we can continue to track and update you if there is any progress of this, here. 

12. Ability to bulk re-allocate invoices to different jobs and or clients.
    It would be great if you could easily re-allocate an invoice (or a cost / timesheet entry) to a different client or job. I have had cases where a clients name/entity type has changed and the recurring invoices have not been posted against the correct client in XPM (old client not new client, even though the invoice is issued under the new name in Xero). Or a client wants to be billed under different entities in a group but there is only one job so i would have to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Merge contacts (not clients) in XPM? I seem to have lots of duplicates but I don't want to just delete the ones with no jobs/invoices attached to them incase they are linked elsewhere. Is there a way to merge them? All the searches I have done only talk abut merging clients.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Timesheet view and function similar to outlook calendar. Where it shows your timesheet entries like meetings on your calendar.

1. It would be quick and easy to identify gaps you are missing
    2. Being able to drag them to extend or reduce entries
    3. Being able to copy and paste an entry. Make for faster input.
    23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. XPM Staff permission - Practice Administration Permissions: You shouldnot have to give a staff member access to the full business setting menu to be able let them access the PLS/ELS reports. There should be a PLS/ELS Management only permission.

I want a staff member to be able to access the PLS/ELS reports without being able to access other staff member information or having access to all my practice setting.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Job Manager - can we please add the option of Group to the filtering/sorting columns to allow us to view jobs/allocations by business/family groups

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We are in the process of checking all Client details in XPM to ensure they are all complete and up to date. One of the checks that we were doing was to ensure that we had the NZBN numbers of clients recorded. However this appears to be the only client field that you are unable to select when creating a custom report!
    Xero's response to my query was "you may like to add this in as a custom field and input in the NZBN in the custom field section for the clients which will then pull into the report" -…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can you create a way that when we send out a Tax Return to be signed in Practice manager, Xero sends a notification to the admin team at the same time so they can create an invoice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Could there be an extra column where you can tick multiple jobs so that the job status can be updated. Not only one job at a time.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Where clients are subscribers to their own Xero but add an adviser who is linked to a Xero partner practice, it would be useful if there was an option for them to choose to give the practice as a whole access so that if, eg, their contact leaves, the practice administrator can give access to their new contact as long as they are Partner Staff.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?