Smart Document Capture - Ability to turn it off
Can you allow the option to turn off the smart document capture? At present, we have draft bills that we use to add data into and when that "smart document capture" opens, I can no longer read the tiny print on the attachments without downloading them. So at this point, it is actually adding time for us because we have to download & manage the data outside of Xero vs being able to do it all within Xero prior to this feature being added. At some point we will likely look at this feature, but we can't do that immediately. In the interim, we are forced to do extra work outside of this process.
Hi 👋 your idea is being looked into by our Community team. We'll be in touch soon to update you once your idea has been reviewed.
Did you know you can join our Xero Research panel to be involved in early testing and research? Find out more and sign up through our website 🙂
-
Barbara Bowser
commented
@ Gemma Clark - This is an excellent point! The first step of the file upload for my clients & I is to "print to pdf" any bill/invoice that they are uploading, specifically so we don't bump into this issue with the embedded images becoming additional items in the inbox. We cleared up some of the noise, however, the it makes the print so tiny I can't read it. I am working on larger sized monitor too.
And now, with the Smart Document Capture, I have to download the images my clients have uploaded, possibly due to the shrink factor of having to print the image to a pdf prior to sending it to the inbox for me to access it.
-
Gemma Clark
commented
I was unable to find any discussions on the Smart Document Capture function, this was the nearest I could find to add additional issues.
When bills are forwarded to Xero via the 'email to documents inbox' option, we are finding that the function also captures the images embedded in the the email, this creates a lot of noise within inbox.
I have done some research and found this is a known limitation with Xero Smart Document Capture's email-in workflow, and that other Xero users have reported exactly the same 'behaviour: logos, social-media icons and other images embedded in an email signature are being treated as separate documents', which can turn one invoice email into numerous items requiring review.
Is there any fixes that are due to be implemented to prevent this happening going forward?
I was hoping to start using the Xero function however, with the noise it is creating I think I am going to stick with Dext as their software has it pretty much figured out.