For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1455 results found

1. IMPORT of CSV with CREDIT / DEBIT COLUMN

Please add a function to allow import of CSV where debit / credit is marked in a separate column to the amount instead of +/- signs only.

My bank outputs transactions in the following format:

E.G.

Transaction 1 CR 1231.12
    Transaction 2 DR 543.00

The above denotes a credit of 1231.12 and a debit transaction of 543.00.

The CR/DR or words Debit/Credit are contained in a separate column.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Current volume limit is too low. I can't even run the account transaction report including all the account codes for the whole financial year. It's not ideal to run a few report and add together. Strongly recommend Xero increasing the volume limit for the report.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix Business Snapshot so that it can account for the leap year! Currently it includes the 29th February in the March numbers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have a client whose workers use toll gates daily, often returning on the same day. Xero sees this as a duplicate expense and delete the second transaction.
    It would help if Xero can create a report showing these duplicates and giving the option to pull them into the bank.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to export batch payments but instead of a summed up amount for a supplier I would like to have separated invoice line items.

Eg, 5 invoices for OF should result in 5 lines on the CSV import for the bank instead of 1 line with the total.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Restrict the "Mark as reconciled option" on payments to be "adviser" user level access only. This will reduce the instances of clients inadvertently causing bank reconciliation errors. Many dont understand the implications of clicking this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dates should default to date format when exporting the VAT return to excel.

Currently when exporting the VAT return to excel that dates automatically default to either text or general format. This means you can't filter the dates by oldest to newest as the filter selection defaults to A-Z.

Changing the date to date format via format cells does not fix the issue. The only way I have found is to manually update the dates using the =DATEVALUE(x) formula and paste these new values over the old ones. This can be very tedious when working with a lot of late…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It is crazy to not be able to filter History and Notes by notes. What good does a note do me if I either have to:
    1. Go to the customer to see if there is one OR
    2. Have to read through all of the "Edited", "Credited" etc just to find the notes.

Also make it so the notes can be filtered by customer/supplier. Notes do absolutely no good if they cannot be accessed or looked at easily.

The attached has been filtered so the type is ONLY customer. I highlighted the items that are desired. All the rest…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to be able to add any available report into a practice Report Pack. At the moment, the available reports are limited to those within the Financial Statement realm.

I would like to produce a report pack that had all the reports i need for my annual working papers:
    - Employee wage summary
    - Bank Rec
    - Tax depreciation report
    - GST rec reports

etc etc.

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can you please add functionality to permanently turn off cash in/out graph for those of us who find it irritating

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When you go into a customer and click View recent invoices report, currently it shows a list of all their previous invoices, which is clear and easy to read. When you click on the new report version it shows a list of approved sent and paid invoices for all customers, but only for the current month. This is totally useless as you then have to filter it to the customer, and change the date back far enough to show all the invoices. Can you please change this so it is the same as the old report.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When searching for a bank institution, you all should allow for searches for the bank URL home page and also include a logo of the bank with each institution. For example, 'First Bank' has 40 different institutions and each sound similar to the next. Please consider creating better identifiers for each bank institution Xero integrates with. (QBO does this)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, our Product team have recently made an improvement to the flow of adding a bank account in Xero. To make the task of adding a bank easier in Xero, we've enabled the option to click the information icon next to a bank and view it's URL so you can identify that you're selecting the correct bank when connecting a bank feed. 

We appreciate this isn't the direct ask in the idea of being able to search by URL, and while we'll continue to monitor the feedback on this here we don't have direct plans for developing the ability to search URL at this time. 

13. Hi there,
    Is there any way you could integrate the photos I put on my Starling Bank account of receipts I receive for purchases for my business account, so that I don't have to enter them twice, once on Starling and once on Xero.
    I realise this is not an option, as it's not happening, but the notes I add do come through, so could the photos too?
    In this new digital paperless world, it would be good not to have to keep every receipt and have to remember to photograph it twice. Hubdoc doesn't help, because you still have…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A separate section within Xero that allows you to handle and process client money. This does not appear in the main balance sheet but operates independently. Client money is linked to the contacts but is kept separate from the business accounting. Cashbook operates in the a similar way with a bank link, but the client balance shows as a separate box. Allow payment of invoices from the client account to cover invoices. This would help small legal firms and other businesses that handle client money.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to disable Xero from autofilling my tracking categories on invoices. I regularly invoice a client but the invoice tracking category differs regularly. I'm sick of having to correct the autofilled tracking category to the correct selection.

There also appears to be a bug in this area. When I delete/amend the invoice tracking category that has been autofilled and then alter any part of the line item it reverts the tracking category to whatever it was originally, which is really annoying me.

this has caused my organisation major headaches now at the end of the financial year and is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Searching for transactions:
    It would be very helpful to have the option to search for debits or credits only when searching for a specific transaction in the bank feed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Since the new update on invoices, you can no longer send a reminder invoice when the accounts are locked. This seem a bit silly as you are not changing the invoice just simply sending a reminder. To do this now i have to go and unlock the accounts the the month which the invoice is dated, send the reminder and then re-lock the accounts.

Please can this be changed back as it is a waste of time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new mobile functionality for Outstanding Invoices adds more steps to being able to see when an invoice is due.

In the past, it was a one button press into Outstanding Invoices and it was easy to see the dates for when all invoices were due.

With the new system, now when you press into Outstanding Invoices, you cannot quickly see the due dates, and it's cumbersome to have to dig into each client by pressing View all invoices, only to then be able to see the due date.

I believe the previous system was far more effective for a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on the change in the mobile app, Mike. I've passed this onto the team however do want to be upfront that there's no immediate plans around this atm. 

Instead, the 'Sales' tab invoice list screen might help what you're trying to view. This will show all the invoices and due dates in the same screen. 

19. Purchase Order Reporting
    The current work around of using the Outstanding Purchase Orders Summary report lacks a lot of the vital info that's needed to manage Purchase Orders and create accruals at month end. A report that shows all the - coding, tracking codes, dates, who created and who approved, Description, etc and ability to run reports on only those that are not Billed and both with and without detailed lines would be more helpful.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When running reports such as Aged Receivables it would save a lot of time if you could choose your dates etc before it downloads the info. It uses the default - you have to wait for that to download before you can then enter the actual dates you want and press update - then you wait again!.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?