Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1457 results found

1. Show the variance between the bank and the Xero statement balance on the dashboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We have to regularly edit invoices from specifics suppliers to correct pennies in the VAT boxes to ensure these match. Using up valuable and unnecessary time.

We use another software with another company that gets this spot on every time, but considering we pay for Xero we felt it would be helpful to get the VAT extraction down to 100% accuracy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bank Reconciliation - Export/Import to transfer data from one organisation to another

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please provide a privacy button on dashboard that can be toggled on / off

Quickbooks does this, why can’t Xero?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently, each separate line in a sales credit note has to be separately assigned to a Project. There should be tickyboxes so that the lines can be assigned en masse, as there is for bills.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can we use the Reports Codes from Xero to populate Trust Accounts Disclosures in Tax Return. Just the same way as is done for the IR10.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the new invoicing it is possible to add a customers credit onto their invoice from the bottom of the screen however the old version would have a pop up asking if you would like to apply the credit.

Can we change new invoicing so that it pops up asking for confirmation as this is easily missed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amy, when you start entering an invoice for a customer that has credit you'll receive a notification in the bottom right. Then, when you approve the invoice you'll receive a prompt to let you know that you have credit for the contact and would you like to apply it. Or is there a different place in this flow you'd expect to see the prompt? 

8. A separate section within Xero that allows you to handle and process client money. This does not appear in the main balance sheet but operates independently. Client money is linked to the contacts but is kept separate from the business accounting. Cashbook operates in the a similar way with a bank link, but the client balance shows as a separate box. Allow payment of invoices from the client account to cover invoices. This would help small legal firms and other businesses that handle client money.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently there is no way to sort or search for unpaid invoices in Hubdoc. This renders the paid flag only useful if you manually scroll down the invoice list. Getting a quick list of all unpaid invoices would be really useful functionality addition and add a point to the paid tick box. I would use it every time I logged into hubdoc.

Given the flag already exists it would hopefully be a relatively small change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I want to disable Xero from autofilling my tracking categories on invoices. I regularly invoice a client but the invoice tracking category differs regularly. I'm sick of having to correct the autofilled tracking category to the correct selection.

There also appears to be a bug in this area. When I delete/amend the invoice tracking category that has been autofilled and then alter any part of the line item it reverts the tracking category to whatever it was originally, which is really annoying me.

this has caused my organisation major headaches now at the end of the financial year and is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. While the auto tax feature is nice, there's certainly limitations, which makes using it complicated. When auto tax is activated, the repeating invoices that move to draft etc should have the auto tax feature already featured. Shouldn't have to change each invoice from manual tax to auto tax.

This is especially tedious when subscription-based clients are using the repeating invoice feature. Hundreds of invoices are being put to drafts for some clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Since the new update on invoices, you can no longer send a reminder invoice when the accounts are locked. This seem a bit silly as you are not changing the invoice just simply sending a reminder. To do this now i have to go and unlock the accounts the the month which the invoice is dated, send the reminder and then re-lock the accounts.

Please can this be changed back as it is a waste of time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new mobile functionality for Outstanding Invoices adds more steps to being able to see when an invoice is due.

In the past, it was a one button press into Outstanding Invoices and it was easy to see the dates for when all invoices were due.

With the new system, now when you press into Outstanding Invoices, you cannot quickly see the due dates, and it's cumbersome to have to dig into each client by pressing View all invoices, only to then be able to see the due date.

I believe the previous system was far more effective for a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on the change in the mobile app, Mike. I've passed this onto the team however do want to be upfront that there's no immediate plans around this atm. 

Instead, the 'Sales' tab invoice list screen might help what you're trying to view. This will show all the invoices and due dates in the same screen. 

14. To be able to trace back to a billable expense that is connected to a sales invoice.
    I know on the billable expense it states the sales invoice reference number it's connected to (and is a clickable link to take you to the invoice) but on the sales invoice it just mentions billable expense, not a reference or more detail or a link to lead you back to which expense it is.
    This would be extremely useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Multiple Report Styles

It would be great to have multiple report styles for reporting where different logos and different names can be added for reporting. For example we have 2 companies using the same Xero HQ where one company does the accounting work and the other company compiles the reports so we need to publish reports with 2 different report styles and logos.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When running reports such as Aged Receivables it would save a lot of time if you could choose your dates etc before it downloads the info. It uses the default - you have to wait for that to download before you can then enter the actual dates you want and press update - then you wait again!.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can’t believe I need to ask for this. Apparently “The mobile app doesn't display transfer rule information”, only spend and receive.

Please update the mobile app to at least have this feature. Shouldn’t be too hard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have been a customer for over 10 years.

☹️ You have taken away above feature in the Xero App which I rely on very heavily. I am bitterly disappointed about this. I need this back. Can you please reinstate it?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In the Monthly Bank Rec Report can we PLEAASE remove the HUGE, space wasting , obsolete text "The bank balance your bank is showing and Statement balance (calculated) must match. If the balances don't match you'll need to identify why and fix any errors." at least an option to deleted PLEASE!!!
    See image attached

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When a report filter is selected, the filter should be displayed on the report that is displayed/printed. Eg if you use employee groups and you filter a payroll report by said group, the printed report should display the filter chosen

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?