Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1457 results found

1. Can we please have the option to EXCLUDE fund codes from I&E reports rather than include? We add new fund codes regularly and with 17 schools this means I need to edit the layout of so many reports each month. If we could simply exclude the ones we don't want I would not need to edit the layouts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Able to add on new column for below items:
    1.Serial Number for each item
    2. Unit number for each product (eg. set, nos, sqft.etc.)
    3. Headline (can be drop box) in description

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Carmen, appreciate your needs here. It's not possible to include fields on an invoice template that don't exist in Xero. Right now we have a few separate requests for a reference at the line item level, and the ability to add unit of measure when invoicing from Xero that you could add your vote too. 

In relation to your 3rd point around a 'headline' would this be similar to being able to include a title like on Quotes - similar to this idea?

3. Ability to include serial number and warranty on Fixed Asset reports

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to shorten a financial year end on Xero without messing up reporting.
    E.g. when a company's financial year end is shortened from 30 June to 31 December so there is a 6 month transition period needed.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. On the P & L reports, there quite often extra lines at the bottom which aren't required this yr, but may be next year. which we don't need ie: Net loss/ profit before beneficiary dist , nor do we need before tax etc as a loss, just need the bottom line ( net Profit /Loss). Companies also have the same issue. Is there a way to "hide" these lines? if not , can we add this as a suggestion please. Don't want to delete, just hide or disable as necessary

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Give us the ability to run transaction reports by Account groups (ie: Balance Sheet, P&L) so we don't have to go clicking a bunch of accounts. It would make life much easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. By law one cannot claim input VAT on a supplier bill without the valid Tax invoice to hand. I wish to draw a report to indicate supplier bills that don't have valid input VAT tax invoices. This way I can adjust the VAT schedule to reduce the input VAT claim and don't have to manage this on a manual basis.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I, like many users of Xero are growing increasingly frustrated with the lack of necessary basic features that have been implemented in the Xero software whilst they focus on beautification of existing processes that do work, like Invoicing.

To this end, would users share what software they have come from or are considering going to or would even avoid.

What features do you miss and wish you had?

What features are excellent in Xero?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to create recurring credit notes for both suppliers and costumers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Activity Statement report - currently the activity statements need to be finalised in order and if not then the unfiled amounts option is turned off for good, with no way to change this. The current workaround is to delete all previous statements and then finalise them in order. This means we lose history, and particularly when the client is managing the BAS returns, we need that history to stay. Also there is no way to tell how far back into history the error is occuring. We need a manual override where we can switch on the unfiled amounts, so that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can we have dates sorted out for chart of accounts so we can keep track of what is new?
    Since it's not possible to sort the accounts which appear in the Chart of Accounts screen by the date they have been added.

I want to be able to keep track of my new accounts (eg. sort by date)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Attachment previews are now tiny. With the pointless extra preview of other pages, it has shrunk the other main invoice preview and if you zoom in it is no longer wide enough. Even on my very large screen it is rendered pointless and the only way to read the info is to download. This is especially stupid on a single page document. Why would I want to know that the other sheets say? There aren't any. Please fix.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can we have complete name of Chart of Account in Xero Expense. For eg, from screeenshot attached, we have x3 different Meal Chart of Account but as i can't see the complete name of the chart of account i have to go to different screen to find the right code.

If we can see/have complete name of the chart of the account when submitting/editing Credit Card receipt that will be super helpful

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Our clients are on monthly direct debit and expect to see one payment on their selected payment date. Currently there are multiple payments being collected on the same day and customers are telling us this isn't ideal. We connected Xero in this way to promote automation but this seems to be at the sacrifice of good customer facing benefits.

What we would like to see is an option in the customer financial information section to tell the system that the client is on monthly DD and that one single payment is taken on their preferred DD date for all invoices…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Run Reports for Assigned Customer Expenses - It would be extremely helpful to be able to run a report for each of my customers to see total assigned expenses for bills that have been paid and approved, not only for unpaid bills.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New Invoicing: Auto adjust the account column width (or wrap text) so that the full account name can be seen when creating an invoice in New Invoicing. Currently users have to click on the account within each line to see the full account name. In Classic invoicing the account box automatically adjusts so that the full account name can be seen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to have the tax amount show on each line item and not just in the total below or even better so that sales tax automatically shows within the line item amount as per on screen, but when Printed to PDF it shows no Tax amounts per line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new balance sheet report has introduced a column between every month which contains a flag if there is an item impacted by FX. This now means that when exporting into excel the report now has 24 columns as opposed to 12 previously and the months are not sequential. I like many others use the balance sheet in other tailored reporting and financial models so am now having to delete the blank columns in order for the report to fit into my reporting templates. Why is it necessary to flag on every month that there is a FX implication? An…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reporting - Inventory - Sales by Item
    The old report has features the new Inventory Item summary report does not have.
    ie: Current unit price and Average Price.
    Please add these as columns to be selected in the new report.
    Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, Jenny. Right now you could run the Inventory Item list report to include Unit Price and Average cost columns. Will be good to get an idea of the demand for this in the Inventory Item Summary report so we'll keep our eyes on the interest of this here. 

20. The latest glitch is that while using the edit function, something triggers the new invoicing to think that an amount has been added to a quantity or price box in one of the lines, presumably one that is being used as just a text line, and there is no way of knowing which box has been triggered so that you might know what you need to clear as nothing is flagged by the software. This also highlights that you don't have a cancel button making it harder to discard all those edits you have wasted entering making it harder to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul, appreciate your feedback on the new invoicing experience. We're continuing to develop this for all customers so your inputs are valuable. 

With your first point around the description only line - my recent update on the related idea here may explain the behaviour you're noticing. If you're selecting a saved item to enter description only lines there is a change to how this works between the old and new version and it's not possible to use items as description only atm. We're monitoring this so please do add your vote to the idea there is you feel this applies to your situation. 

It's best for us to keep one idea per thread so I'll adjust the title of your post here to match your second point on the colouring of the menu button and we can get a gauge of the interest around this too. 

• Don't see your idea?