Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

240 results found

1. it would be great to be able to have multiple reference numbers for one contact, so that way if you have multiple jobs for one company, it can be under the same name. instead of having to make up multiple contacts for the same person.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. How about an ability to filter AU, NZ or UK posts only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. After reporting a bug (can no longer preview contact files) I was given the following response :

"As you’ve found, right now it’s not possible to preview contact files anymore. You can however, download it and view it instead.
    I’ve included a link to Xero Product Ideas where you can view and support current ideas or create a new one to share your thoughts."

When something breaks you fix it. You DO NOT pretend that fixing it is a "New Feature" - that then needs requested and voted on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When you invoice a new customer you get the option of "Add address" which is great to quick add their email address and postal address. Can this also include adding the phone number? Currently the only way to add the phone number is to go into contacts and add it that way but to me it is a much more important detail than postal address. If I need to chase up anything to do with the invoice i don't send the customer a letter, i call them so i do need to input their phone number and just want a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to set and track deadline dates on the dashboard for each client relating to statutory and other submissions (i.e. provisional tax / monthly management reports / tax return submissions / etc.).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You are currently unable to see the projects within the contacts tab against a contact within Xero.
    This would be really helpful as I have some customers that have several projects on the go at one time. This would make it easier to go from one project to another for one client. It would also be a quick reference location. The added quotes, invoices and credit notes added to the contact has been a great step in simplifying contact management - the project listing would complete the loop.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Changes to Xero that have not improved the program

How do I upload files from Xero Files (documents scanned to Xero etc) to my client it no longer allows this - previously you could access either Xerol Files or your own files from your drive - am I missing something ? Also you can no longer just print invoices you have to download them _ why this is a total pain - the joy of Xero was always click and print or email ??? Please put it back many thanks Kate Milne long time user and Xero fan!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Some purchase contacts have requested that invoices be sent to an accounts email while statements are to be sent to a different email address, both of which are different from the person who is the actual primary contact. It would be advantageous for Xero to incorporate this to allow for the invoices and statements to be sent to the correct emails without the necessity of sending every document to the primary contact or to each other which is not required or desired.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Right now, we see average days we pay or receive payment. It would be good if we can have another row that shows us the payment terms we have with the contact so we can benchmark against performance that way. The data is already in Xero, just need to show it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. On the contacts page you can see the bills and the value, it will either appear with the value in the paid column or the due column unless it has been allocated against a credit. Any allocated credit notes and the invoices they have been allocated to appear as £0.00 in the paid and due column. Now as we have to allocate the credits in order to include them in a bulk payment (a completely pointless time consuming exercise still not addressed by XERO! but lets not get side tracked by another basic function missing) the fact the values are…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PRIMARY & SECONDARY/OTHER CONTACTS

Thanks Grace - it would be great rather than editing and reentering information if there was a field titled "Primary Contact" and Secondary Contact for eg where we could just update that field using a drop-down box as opposed to re-entering customer information. It would definitely save a lot of time. Maybe something to add in the future?

PROCESS
    I wanted to confirm that if I follow your instructions where I have 2 parties for eg Primary Contact = Grace Wife and other contact = Tom = Grace's Husband. If I wanted to make Tom =…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. At present when editing a contact, the fields are in USA format with Zip code and State - it would be much better for the UK if we could see Postcode and County

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi, It would be great if one could distinguish/split in the contacts files upload between permanent (etc customer registration, Credit application) and annual etc(statements) documents

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We often use the quick search feature in Xero, and it is often used just to get the client code for files. It would be incredibly helpful if the client code populated next to the client name in the quick search bar to make it easier to see

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Checks (cheques) cut for Xero US subscribers should print addresses accordingly. Not all the letters in a City need to be capitalized. City not CITY. Furthermore, there should be a comma after City. And if you use the Attention feature in the Contact Address, it should print as the first line in the check address. Currently it prints as Vendor Name, Attention: Jane Doe. That makes for a very odd, confusing addressee on the check.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The recent changes to the contacts screen have done nothing but hinder our business. You have removed the "Payments in past 12 months" which is something we rely on heavily when managing our clients. There is now no way to see all payments by a particular client where there are credit notes applied or they have paid by different means (sometimes by card, sometimes DD and sometimes bank transfer) as we would have to search each account separately and manually pull out the credit note balances. Very laborious and this is information we use daily in our credit control procedures.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to add the clients credit limit that they have been approved for, as well as how much of the credit limit that they have used on the invoice email template as well as the statement email template. See attachment for example.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop messing around with things that people haven't asked for and actually look at implementing things that have been asked for.
    The new look for customer and sales ledgers is awful. Why change it?
    When it comes to being easy to reconcile supplier ledgers Xero is already miles behind it's competitors but you've somehow managed to make it even worse!
    For example if there is an overpayment that you part allocate against a bill and then refresh the screen it shows that the bill is paid but the overpayment still shows that the full amount is to be used, it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bank Reconciliation suggestions. The ability for Xero to identify a name within a customer contact and match it to the name on the bank feed and suggest this as a match. for example John Smith is the contact for ABC pty ltd. when he makes payment he only references John Smith. Xero will recognise John smith is a contact for ABC pty ltd and suggest their invoice in the bank rec.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the new contact view, everything is spread out, with lots of wasted white space (similar to the bills list without 'compact view' toggled, or the list of repeating bills (which doesn't have the ability to be compact in view). I can deal with the info I need to pick a transaction to open being on complete opposite sides of a widescreen by pulling the contact into a new window and reducing the width of that window until it's readable without excessive twisting of the head (a poor workaround for an ergonomics risk, but it's the only one I could…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?