Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

242 results found

1. customer report that lists all the contact details plus their billing information.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I Also, when will we get the stop function in Xero? I've been asking Xero for 6 years. I know you can restrict invoices by credit limit but, customers could be well under their limit but overdue in paying. A stop function is critical to any accounting system.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We deal with different people in purchasing, accounting, owners, etc for each account. Contact records are being treated as Account records. This makes it very difficult to keep track of all people we need to do business with within an account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I am manually entering a contact bank account number, I find it disconcerting to be warned to enter the bank account number after I leave the BSB code field. But I HAVE to leave the BSB code field in order to move to the Bank account number field! Leaving the BSB field is not a mistake!
    I think the warning would be better triggered if you attempt to click on 'Save & close' without completing both fields.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can Supplier Bill Activity report be tied to this link (with auto-population of the supplier name in the report) so that I would not need to TYPE suppliers' names in the report every time I need to see the history of the supplier, which I do all the time?
    Thank you,
    Eugenia

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability : To have a function within contact to block raising purchase orders to an individual supplier.

Purpose: To ensure no future orders are placed with suppliers, who we may have had issues with previously. Easier to have a function that would automatically flag this, as opposed to placing note within contact and relying on all to find this information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We need to be able to select more than 2 years in smart lists.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be productive to see if a contact is registered for CIS/verified and their status on the contact account page - where the group info is listed.
    Otherwise the only way you can see this info is by clicking edit the contact. And include a signal/sign on the contacts page next to each CIS registered contact so that they can be identified easily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to ask if there is a possibility of having on suppliers' and customers' activity bar (please see attached screenshot, what I mean) and one more column - bill/invoice description? I used to work with QuickBooks, and they had this feature, which was very helpful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi not sure if it is available, but can you add WhatsApp to clients? It would be great if one can email and WhatsApp client invoices and statements, directly from the online portal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We use multiple Statement templates, each of them containing different stages of Credit Control progress. When sending these the Contact Notes are only updated with 'Statement', and not the Statement template name that would give historical context to a Contact on how we have progressed debt.
    Can you update the Notes to include the Statement Template name, and include an option to make further notes against that activity?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. would make sense to be able to tick a button for the specific client you know is registered and therefore it is sent an einvoice by default

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Update new Invoicing to allow sending invoices to contact groups as you can in the classic invoicing. It's ridiculous that something so useful has been left behind in the switch to the new style. I need to be able to amend the invoices I send out based on the individual needs of the group. It saves so much time to be able to create a default set of drafts that I can amend rather than having to go to each individual and create an individual invoice within that group. Please guys, piull this across!

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we updated this idea to Under Review a couple of months ago and to give a little more detail - We know being able to invoice all members of a Contact group is something that our users find valuable. While we don't have a timeframe for this change right now, we're committed to developing this in new invoicing before we retire the classic version. We'll keep you updated of progress through this idea.

14. Provide a report on who the automated invoice reminders have been sent out to, to know when the final reminder has gone out and payments not made can then be chased manually.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. You can now create a contact from an invoice. Great, this was overdue.
    Why stop at only allowing some of the details though? Weird.
    Now I have to go back into the contact and edit it to add Company name etc.
    It's just creating more work when I could have done everything from the one spot.
    Please fix!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When entering multiple contacts, it would be good to have the option to "save and create new contact" as well as the "Cancel" and "Save and Close" option after entering the information. Currently you have to press Save and Close, go back to Contacts, then select New Contact.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be really helpful when merging suppliers if there was an option to keep all contact and financial details with the updated contact. When an existing supplier joins Xero and starts sending Xero generated invoices that you can upload to Xero if the name is even slightly different it creates a new supplier. This could be as basic as Ltd vs Limited. When these contacts are merged all the existing information is deleted and needs to be re-entered. An option to keep all existing contact information would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sort 'customer or supplier' list by account number from the drop down menu, (not the same as the search function).
    The account number field is a unique identifier to any customer or supplier record. Having this function should be a necessity as it is with most other software.
    In many cases the account number field is overlooked in Xero from the users point of view, yet it underpins the whole database for many people and connecting software/apps.
    In the same vein, the 'date added' drop down, which could be argued as being able to achieve a similar result, in my…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The new notes section is a good idea one of which I suggested however its really not very freindly to use.
    its buried at the end of the contact detail which means you have to navigate here.
    The window is far too small - want a lot larger window at least 3 times the current box size which would make it easy to see and edit.
    Would like it to appear on the invoice page so that one can see and edit as necessary when creating invoices.
    There is a lot of white space on the invoices and I feel…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Peter, good to get your feedback on this feature and though we appreciate hearing the changes you'd like to see it's good to keep each idea on a separate thread so we can get an understanding of the interest for each alone that the team can consider. 

We have an idea surrounding the ability to view contact notes when invoicing over here that I'd recommend joining, and have adjusted the title of your idea here to reflect your first ask of moving this notes section somewhere it could be more readily edited on their record. You're welcome to start new ideas for each of the additional points you've made here. 

20. When looking at a customer's account in Contacts, there should be a spot in the invoices due that shows clearly if there is an unallocated overpayment, prepayment or Credit at a glance.

There also needs to be a better report just for unallocated Prepayments, Credits and Overpayments.

I find the Receivable Invoice Summary isn't wait I'm looking for as it doesn't fulfil the job required.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?