Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

240 results found

1. We deal with different people in purchasing, accounting, owners, etc for each account. Contact records are being treated as Account records. This makes it very difficult to keep track of all people we need to do business with within an account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Can Supplier Bill Activity report be tied to this link (with auto-population of the supplier name in the report) so that I would not need to TYPE suppliers' names in the report every time I need to see the history of the supplier, which I do all the time?
    Thank you,
    Eugenia

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability : To have a function within contact to block raising purchase orders to an individual supplier.

Purpose: To ensure no future orders are placed with suppliers, who we may have had issues with previously. Easier to have a function that would automatically flag this, as opposed to placing note within contact and relying on all to find this information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We need to be able to select more than 2 years in smart lists.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi not sure if it is available, but can you add WhatsApp to clients? It would be great if one can email and WhatsApp client invoices and statements, directly from the online portal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The new notes section is a good idea one of which I suggested however its really not very freindly to use.
    its buried at the end of the contact detail which means you have to navigate here.
    The window is far too small - want a lot larger window at least 3 times the current box size which would make it easy to see and edit.
    Would like it to appear on the invoice page so that one can see and edit as necessary when creating invoices.
    There is a lot of white space on the invoices and I feel…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Peter, good to get your feedback on this feature and though we appreciate hearing the changes you'd like to see it's good to keep each idea on a separate thread so we can get an understanding of the interest for each alone that the team can consider. 

We have an idea surrounding the ability to view contact notes when invoicing over here that I'd recommend joining, and have adjusted the title of your idea here to reflect your first ask of moving this notes section somewhere it could be more readily edited on their record. You're welcome to start new ideas for each of the additional points you've made here. 

7. I create new contacts all the time, often while creating an invoice. I usually only have a few details on hand to start creating the contact (name, email, phone number). So I flick between windows, copying from one and pasting into Xero's "create new customer" dialogue right there on the invoice edit screen.

It's the phone number I have the most trouble with. If there are any space characters in the (usually mobile) phone number I have copied - and there pretty much always are spaces when copying from an email or whatever - then nothing will paste into the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi all, I wish to have to have the pictures and files attached to each of my products being automatically included when these items are selecting when quoting and invoicing. This will save me a lot of time and appear more informative which clients are attracted by.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Auto-check of an invoice amount and compare it to the customer's maximum ever invoice amount. To avoid a typo eg entered £7000 instead of £700.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the interest in the idea here. As noted in my last update Contact Credit Limits might help some situations but we appreciate may not suit all needs. We don't have any direct change planned for this feature atm, but we'll continue to monitor the interest around this and share if there's any progress with you all, here. 

10. I was recently asked by a client how create a formatted PDF list of their contacts in Xero with addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses etc.

They had been asked for this by their factoring provider.

I know they can select all contacts and use the option at the top of the screen to export, but that creates a csv file which obviously doesn't have any formatting and runs the risk of it being opened in Excel which then messes up phone numbers etc (we are in the UK where phone numbers start 0 and Excel 'helpfully' removes this when opening…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the extra detail, Ross and apologies I never rounded back on this here. While we also don't have plans for creating a report that includes all the detail from a contacts record atm I've slightly adjusted the title of your idea here and we'll continue to track interest in this here. If any plans are made down the line I'll be sure to let you know on the idea here.

11. Xero has the facility to look up UK addresses by postcode when entering new contacts etc.

Unfortunately it usually makes a such a mess of the address, I end up editing it all again anyway!

• UK Postcode lookups can return a Company Name (e.g. if there are multiple companies registered at the same address.) Xero adds this company name again to the address. In our case, that is a duplicate of the Contact name, so we take that out to avoid it appearing twice.

• UK Postal counties are obsolete and should no longer be used in postal addresses. Royal Mail…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be good to be able pick from a pre-defined list of countries. This would enable clean data entry. Also we are syncing data with Hubspot and it is causing issues with matching to pre-defined lists with the CRM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SAP Field- ability to add a field for SAP# that is searchable and exportable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andrea, if you'd like to have a field to enter your SAP # into you could look to save this as the Item Code for inventory you set up in your org. You can search items from products and services in Xero , and export your inventory items so you'd be able to export all item codes if this is where you save your SAP #. 

If you're looking for the step further of being able to scan inventory into the system - this isn't something we're looking to develop for and you can see more on this from the idea here 

14. I work with many architects who request quotes/invoice from our company on behalf of their client
    At the moment we have to create a new contact entry for every client such as
    ABC company on behalf of Fred Bloggs
    ABC company on behalf of Samantha Smith
    If there was an optional field, say "on behalf of" that we could include in the quote/invoice such as
    on behalf of [client name]
    The default would be the same as now
    ABC Company
    However, if the "on behalf of" option was selected a new field would appear in the quote/invoice [Client Name]

The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We have one contact who is a customer and a supplier. When I go to contacts I can do the report of recent invoices (to them as customer) and also the report for recent bills. But they are both have the same headings - ÏNVOICES. Can you not change the heading of the supplier recent bills report to BILLS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When you go into a contact, you can see items that are outstanding and what has been paid, but it would be good if there was the 'pdf' icon against the transaction in this screen rather than having to view the item to see the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Could there please be a facility to post journals between contacts (either supplier or customer) for example between BT Telecom and EDF energy
    Currently there is only the facility to post journals between nominal ledger codes.
    Many thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Julie, could you explain a little more the scenarios in which you'd be looking to make use of a this sort of functionality?

At present - if the transactions has originally be assigned to the wrong contact this can be edited. 

Understanding more of the use case may help us find another solution for you here, although I don't want to be open that we don't have plans for enabling transfers between contacts. 

18. In our old system, before we moved to Xero, we could highlight special clients (they were a different colour). In our case, they were special because they paid their account off in instalments, instead of paying a lump sum. This made it very easy for us to separate them when we sent invoice reminders to the rest of our clients. How we have to do it in Xero now is clunky and manual. :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In contacts, to be able to add a WHT record of the % to deduct from suppliers who are subject to IRD schedular payments tax deductions and for this to become a line item option in Bills.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The ISO 3166 country name for "United Kingdom" is "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (the)", which is 58 characters. We are currently unable to use this name for our contacts as Xero throws an error (both in the UI and API).

Please consider increasing the country name maximum length to at least 60 characters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 9 10 12 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?