Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

242 results found

1. It would be great if in Blue Xero in the Contacts list the "Mobile number" can be displayed when there is no actual phone number, currently you need to open the contact to see the Mobile Number. a bit frustrating.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We've just released a recent improvement to searching contacts where you can now search a contact by any phone, direct dial, mobile or fax number saved in their contact record.

While you won't be able to see a contacts mobile number from the screen, you'll be able to search for a contact by a mobile number that's been saved for them.

We don't have further change planned to add more detail to this screen atm but we'll continue to track the support of the idea here.

2. Customers are constantly baffled why my phone doesn't recognise their number. It's quite a drag to explain that although their number is in my phone (xero contacts), caller id is not able to access the information. I understand there's some way to sync google contacts with a premium subscription, but surely in 2022 this should be a basic feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. XERO Projects, Could contact details i.e email addresses and phone number be assigned to a specific project, these would normally be different from the original company contacts details. This would mean the right persons would receive the invoices or quotes sent from a particular XERO project. Could this be done within the project tab.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a status for the Contact. Active/Administration/On Hold/Prospect - ability to exclude contacts from Aged debtors/creditor reports using this would be useful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Using the new Contracts form, when verifying a subcontractor, you are now asked to enter the CIS Tax Rate (Gross, 20% or 30%) before you verify the subcontractor.
    You cannot save and verify with HMRC unless this field is completed. Without verification, you cannot be certain as to the tax rate.

The error could occur where you choose a rate for the purpose of being able to 'save and verify'. If the verification failed and you required to speak to the contact, or in most cases wait for HMRC to add a subcontractor to the CIS scheme which is currently…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As an Xero customer, I would like to be able to add Instagram as a contact field within organisation details, so that I can easily direct customers to my Instagram page.

Instagram is becoming more popular than facebook, twitter and websites for certain industries.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Having the option to show client or supplier on invoices.

Purpose: Eliminates the need to go to contacts tab each time to look up the phone number to contact the person while going over the invoices. Also for the delivery person to be able to reach the receiver at point of destination or to make an arrangement for receiving as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The contact details that show when invoicing are the mailing address, currently we do not have a packing slip option and this makes if difficult to process for sending - can it be an option to select which address you choose or each contact or have the shipping details showing on the invoice template to allow for shipment processing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Is it possible for cash sales/one off payments to chose not to save an email address? Every time I do a one-off cash sale for a new/random customer, the email address automatically saves into the Cash Sale contact file. But the next cash sale invoice is going to a different email address, so while I can input the new email address, the one prior is printed on the invoice! It is getting very tedious having to go into the contact file, delete the previous email address and get back into the new invoice to reprint it every time I do…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, Carolyn. Appreciate the different use case and why you may not want information from a singular invoice to update the contact. We'll get an understanding of the demand for this here. 

In the meantime, it'd be good to understand if recording as Receive money could help your flow here for cash sales so you don't have to enter contact details?

10. How many times have we received a payment from a customer and not known which invoices they have paid? Or followed up an outstanding invoice that they have listed as paid in their system?

It would be great to have a button to request remittance advice from a customer for a particular deposit. We have a list of customers for many of our clients where we manually send these requests via email. It is time-consuming and inefficient, though it would be great to have the automation of sending the request straight out of Xero from the Bank Rec screen!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate no direct feature for this at present, Grace and we'll begin to get a sense of the interest in this here. In the meantime, perhaps including the request in the invoice Terms and Conditions could be a good indicator that this is something you request of your customers when sending the invoice or reminders? 

11. When merging customers xero currently completes the merge and then displays the profile that has been moved which typically (for me) contains no customer data. Is it possible to instead display the profile that the customer has been merged to which shows all the existing customer data. Usually I am completing a merge and then having to go in and search for the customer name again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add preferred name option

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be good for the lower scroll bar to display when a screen is minimised (in contacts). Currently, if you minimise the screen (as I do when I am comparing entries in another external on-line tab, for example, with my HMRC account, or my on-line bank account) you can only see the left of the minimised screen. The information does not compact into a full but smaller screen, neither is there a scroll button to scroll the information to the right. So if I want to look at the amounts of a customer etc, the screen has to be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In this day and age why are the phone numbers for contacts not clickable? the code is so simple just add it in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently this badge is displayed for the additional people only when there's at least a first name associated with them, but often our "additional people" are only email addresses with no first/last names, an the only way to see whether the "included in emails" option has been enabled for them is to enter two nested edit modes (4 clicks total). This is really unnecessary. Just display the badge if the box has been checked!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Our contact cards are set up automatically through an API directly from our billing systems (we have multiple systems that are all coded differently). Fields like currency and branding are not updated with this link; therefore, the fields default to our Xero account settings. We want to export the contact card list with these fields to identify the clients with information that needs updating, to then fix and import in one step instead of updating each card.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. After reporting a bug (can no longer preview contact files) I was given the following response :

"As you’ve found, right now it’s not possible to preview contact files anymore. You can however, download it and view it instead.
    I’ve included a link to Xero Product Ideas where you can view and support current ideas or create a new one to share your thoughts."

When something breaks you fix it. You DO NOT pretend that fixing it is a "New Feature" - that then needs requested and voted on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The recent changes to the contacts screen have done nothing but hinder our business. You have removed the "Payments in past 12 months" which is something we rely on heavily when managing our clients. There is now no way to see all payments by a particular client where there are credit notes applied or they have paid by different means (sometimes by card, sometimes DD and sometimes bank transfer) as we would have to search each account separately and manually pull out the credit note balances. Very laborious and this is information we use daily in our credit control procedures.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability to add the clients credit limit that they have been approved for, as well as how much of the credit limit that they have used on the invoice email template as well as the statement email template. See attachment for example.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop messing around with things that people haven't asked for and actually look at implementing things that have been asked for.
    The new look for customer and sales ledgers is awful. Why change it?
    When it comes to being easy to reconcile supplier ledgers Xero is already miles behind it's competitors but you've somehow managed to make it even worse!
    For example if there is an overpayment that you part allocate against a bill and then refresh the screen it shows that the bill is paid but the overpayment still shows that the full amount is to be used, it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?