Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3889 results found

1. PO -Additional Column to show how many qty convert to bill, and balance qty
    So we able to keep track the status of goods receive, especially when supplier send by batch

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We are based in Singapore. Your system does not cater very well for GST when the functional currency is not SGD.
    My Xero is USD-based, hence we have to use only GST Audit Beta.
    But we have to key in "Exchange Rate for GST Purposes" into our system so that when reporting to Singapore Tax authority, we have to report in SGD. There is no way to key this in, and it means keeping a seperate excel file, doubling our work. This rate is given by each supplier on their bill, and can change on daily basis. So we need…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Assign staff to projects without having to invite them into the file
    My client runs a maintenance business with external contractors doing the work. We want to be able to assign the contractors to the Project so we know which contractors have been assigned the work (as there could be up to 10 contractors doing parts of the one Work Order) but Xero won't let us do this unless the contractor is invited into the file.
    We don't want this as we don't want any of the contractors to see any of the details of the jobs.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be really useful to be able to view the email content/date/time/recipient, etc of the emails sent to CIS Subcontractors when we send the monthly CIS Statements via Xero to them.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When you create repeat invoices it only allows discount in % but when you create a manual invoice you can have discount in % or £. This should allow both for repeat invoices as well.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Set a bank rule that only autofills the contact name - Often the same contact is used for sales or purchases to different accounts. Currently bank rules force you to choose an account. I'd like to set the contact automatically with the bank rule, then choose the account during reconciliation. Saves me typing the contact each time.
    ALTERNATIVELY - I saw and voted for another idea that there could be a drop-down list of possible applicable rules, then I could write 2+ rules for the same contact and matching criteria, and choose the appropriate rule. This would be even faster,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A number of my client are service businesses and as such all of the payroll costs should be posted either to a Cost of Sale account for Operational staff or Overhead for support staff. I can achieve this for all costs except for Employer NIC cost, which has to be manually moved. It would be beneficial if the NIC could go to an NIC GL dependent upon the type of basic pay chosen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Be able to search for a particular term within invoices. For instance as service that is not often invoiced. Could then allow you to copy that particular invoice to a new invoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The ability to upload timesheets to Xero using a CSV in the same way you can upload a batch file. This would be useful for clients who use different project management apps / software and where there is no available integration to Xero. This would reduce manual data entry and reduce the hazard of reduce.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Files is a great feature to use, to make it even more user-friendly it would be really useful to have a high level folder e.g. for the current FY, with the info sitting in sub-folders under it. that way you hold multiple years worth of info there, keeping it well-organised, easy to find and manageable.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the settings for Included in emails be able to specify which emails. For instance you have two people who receive and approve quotes. You don't want to send quotes to the account that processes invoices. The account that processes invoices only wants invoices and the people who approved the quotes don't necessarily want to be copied in on the invoices.
    I imagine this would be a tick bock for Quote, Invoice, Credit, Purchase order, Bill, next to each include in setting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Issue - Bank Transactions Auto Deleted by Xero System

Hi Xero, i would like to suggest, please add 'Deleted' status in filter function. Because recently i just imported approximately 10,000 transactions into xero and it stated there 150 are duplicates and auto deleted by xero system, which is not duplicates actually. To find one-by-one, page-per-page really become troublesome for us in Statement Lines section and require lots of time. Also i have tried to open the one i just imported in Statements section, it keeps showing error code 500.

Therefore, the other workaround would probably to find deleted transactions using…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Customers can be assigned on the "outgoing" money in bills, if these get refunded there is no way to assign back to those customers on the "incoming" via credit notes. If lines could be assigned to customers in credit notes like they can be in bills, the process of outgoing/incoming would be mirrored.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Find and recode should be able to search a date range by who has recently edited transactions within that date range (I.e User 1 edited 3 transactions between 1/7/22 - 30/6/23 on the following dates).

I work on a file where several people attend to different parts of the bookkeeping process, so being able to see who has edited what transactions within a certain date range would be hugely helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to include some non financial data in zero ledgers for reporting?
    For Example - I would like to include a 'No. of Transactions' for a period that would not be a financial number (so no balancing required) but, this number would be available to add to reports i.e creating a cost per transaction.
    We used to call these 'SKU's' and generally they would Non Financial KPI's like:- production days, FTE's, LTI's or Units produced.
    Any help would be great.
    Regards Iain Vernon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allocation to Projects

Can a feature please be added where a recurring bill is allocated to a project on set up? At present this can only be done manually after the recurring transaction has been created. We have over 100 recurring bills per month where we'll have to do this manually month-on-month in perpetuity.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi - it would be great if there was an indication on the Demo company when the data will be reset. We know it is every 28 days but when is the 28 days up. I've lost demo testing in preparation to show a client how Xero can help them.
    Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Xero expenses has been with us for 5 years. There have been no significant feature upgrades despite us all paying extra for the privilege.
    Basic functionality like searchability, proper alignment with bill functionality to search suppliers and see total engagement with suppliers, ability to include attachments (e.g. bill documents from expenses) to pass through to customer invoices, ability to add a markup to expenses (e.g. for common cost plus models) etc. - NONE, not a little, nothing, zilch, nada of this has been actioned by Xero and nobody seems to be available or interested in discussing it. There are so…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We often need to generate Project reports for the time period 'Project to Date'.

This isn't an option in the Project Summary report. Can this be built-in as a further standard option?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the option for multi currency to other subscription types.

Currently the only way to use multi-currency is to upgrade to the Xero Established/Premium or Ultimate pricing plan. For a sole trader that doesn't need all the extra features of those plans, that is a minimum price increase of over double the starter plan.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?