Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

473 results found

1. To be able to see both opening and closing balance in the General Ledger Detailed report.

Purpose: Opening and Closing balance will make users easily analyse their transactions.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Include the unique transaction ID (from the Journal Report) on other reports including Account Transactions / General Ledger reports / Project reports / Inventory Item Details report.

Purpose: So we can easily see which transactions have gone through since the last month end / close, as the transaction ID's are unique and incremental. We cannot rely on the dates of transactions as invoices will come in with old dates which will appear like they were posted in a previous month, but are a new transaction. I believe having the transaction ID's on reports will be a significant improvement for the…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you all for your support and feedback to the idea here. We now have the new General Ledger Detail report that includes the option to add Journal ID as a column in the report live to you all! 

Within the report itself you'll be able to rearrange columns to drag and drop this where you'd like it to sit in your report, and once you have set up how you like save as a Custom report to access this format whenever you need. 😁

3. Ability to change font type and size in report templates.

Purpose: To make users’ can provide a report that is more readable, especially for older clients who want to see the report.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for each sharing and adding your support to this idea, everyone.

We've made some steps around being able to adapt the font size of reports through the use of Report styles. Report styles are available to any Xero Partner, and lets you apply different publishing styles by allowing you to set the logo, colour of titles  in reports, and font size of client reports and report templates.

If you're a small business customer, reach out to your Xero advisor to understand how this could help your business, or find one through Advisor Connect today.

We appreciate there are other ideas for improving the format of reports further with improvements such as font type, or text colouring & wrapping - We have an idea across here we'd encourage you add your support and votes to and will share any future improvements on.

4. Enable cash basis reporting by default.

Purpose: Because most clients often select cash basis report when looking at comparative reports.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thanks again for your support and interest toward the idea here. 

As mentioned in my last update - our Reporting team have now released Report Preferences to all organisations, which people with Adviser role can find within the Advanced settings. 

With this feature there is a selection of defaults that can be set when running newer version of reports in Xero. Currently this includes whether to show account codes, decimals and (as asked here) ability to set the accounting basis the report is run in and if this is shown on the report. 😁

5. The new Bill view has lost the ability to highlight a certain bill when you tick the box next to it. In the old version if you ticked the box that bill would remain highlighted in grey so it was easy visually to know which bill you're currently working on. This has stopped since the new Bills view has come in. Any chance to can add it back? In the attached screen shot you can see a bill has been ticked but it remains white like all the others in the list.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. we would like a one line aged receivables report which shows the notes in a column next to each client, eg so we can see at a glance where credit control is up to at a glance looking at all the clients rather than having to go into each one.
    If not possible can we tailor a report e.g how would we show the credit limit on the aged receivable report in another column?

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Kate,

Thanks for sharing this suggestion! I can confirm it’s already possible in Xero to see, at a glance, credit control information in the Aged Receivables report.

You’ll need to either add the ‘Credit Limit’ and ‘Available Credit’ columns to your Aged Receivables report, or use the ‘Customer credit limits’ Common Format, to surface this information.

I’ve attached a screenshot as an example, and you can read more about this in our 'Show customer credit limits' article on Xero Central.

7. Ability to run the profit and loss new in a currency other than the organisations base currency

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for your contributions to the idea and to those who jumped in to help test and play with the multi currency before the full release.

Today I can confirm we've released the ability to run the Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Budget Variance reports in other currencies an org has been using to all users. If you're using multi-currency in your org you'll find this extra option in each of these reports settings. 😁

8. The new invoicing system no longer shows the invoice number on the tab. It's handy when going between programs to use the said invoice number

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate you all staying tuned into the idea with us here, everyone. We've made a recent update where you can now see the invoice number in the browser tab when viewing an invoice with new invoicing. 

9. I can not fine any answer on the web or searching on xero to see if this is possible. I have tried the app but there does not seem to be an option. The xero app would be amazing if we were able to raise a PO. We store product from our supplier and being able to send them a PO at the time of picking would greatly reduce handling of the matter by not having to send an email for it to be raised. In an age where phones and Ipads are becoming more common, this solution would seem…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thanks for staying tuned with us here.
    For all those on iOS we're pleased to share that this is now live for you all just like Android - you can add Purchase Orders and edit existing Purchase Orders from within the Xero Accounting app.

There isn't any ability to send from within the app at present - Start a new idea for this, or another feature you'd like to see in the Xero Accounting app. That way we can begin to get a better idea of the appetite of those, too! 

10. In Classic Invoicing there is an X to delete a line. In New Invoicing I have to click on the 3 dots then select Remove from the 2 options that are displayed (Save to inventory or Remove). Please can the function of a single click on the X be retained.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and tuning into the idea here, everyone. Our team have been doing a lot of work in this space to iterate on new invoicing and improve the experience for our customers. 

With one of our most recent updates the team implemented a change to the way you delete lines of your invoice. You'll now see a small 'bin' icon at the end of each line enabling you to easily delete lines as needed, without any extra clicks. 🙂

11. Please don't merge any cells in the Excel export of reports 🙂

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community! Thanks to everyone who added their votes and comments to this idea, and took the time to respond to our survey earlier in the year.

Based on this community's feedback, we've gone ahead and implemented Option A: Unmerge all cells today. 

Now when you export to an excel file, you'll find that there are no merged cells.

Heads up! As a result of this change, if your business has an especially long legal name (more than 60 characters), you may need to manually merge and wrap cells for better printability 🖨️ 

12. The ability to search for customers by postcode. It's painful having to search for customers by business names when there can be variations in spelling, grammar etc, the customer's name as there may be multiple people ordering. The search function for customers is woefully underpowered compared to other software such as Quickbooks, where you can search by almost any customer details.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, last week we rolled out an update to the search feature for the contacts list view. You can now search for contacts by postcode, as well as phone number and address 🎉

This'll give you more ways to refine your contact search, and make it easier and quicker to find the correct contact. Thanks again for all your feedback around this idea 😊

13. Ability to edit VAT line by line on bills in order to agree balances to supplier invoices (Due to rounding issues)

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, thanks for all your support on this idea.

Tax adjustment functionality varies by region, as this idea was raised relating to adjusting VAT in the UK I'm popping in to switch it across to delivered!

To adjust the tax amount for a line item when creating a bill:

1. Select the Tax exclusive option in the Amounts are field
    2. Click the + symbol next to the Tax Rate heading to show the Tax amount field.
    3. Edit the amount shown in the Tax Amount box.

Our Adjust the VAT amount on unpaid transactions support article provides further information on this process.

We have ideas for this similar option in the AU version here, and another for NZ here that you can follow for updates. For other regions, you’re welcome to create a new idea so we can gauge user need for this.

14. Ability to show all tracking categories in separate columns in the P&L report.

Purpose: To get a better income figure when comparing different areas/divisions in Xero.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, thanks again for all your feedback on the design and how you use tracking in your Profit & Loss.

As mentioned in my last post - we've just  released a change to add the option to 'Compare tracking categories' from the main view in report settings, so you no longer have to jump into the layout editor. It's in the process of being rolled out to everyone, so if you don't quite have it yet it'll be with you in the next day or two. 😁

Once you've got the report set up as you like, if this is a view you'd like to use on the regular save as custom, and you could make this the default if you like, too!

15. On 31 July 2023 my old Trial Balance that shows the current movement per the months selected as well as the YTD figures will be discontinued. It will be replaced by a Trial balance that only shows the YTD figures and the comparative figures with the previous year. That doesn't help me at all when I have to do a monthly management report and can only see the YTD figures. I'm begging you, don't discontinue the old Trial Balance report! Or at least give me the option between displaying YTD figures and the movement for a specific period.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, just popping back as promised! We’ve rolled out an update to the Trial Balance report this morning, adding in two new additional columns that show the monthly movement, similar to the older report. You can add in these optional columns from the Columns drop down menu - I’ve attached a screenshot for reference.

Thanks again for all your feedback on the new reports 😊

16. It would be useful if a Xero Me App - Approver had the ability to view a break down of the hours an employee works across the week (not just the total hours worked) before approving the timesheet. I see there is a lot of support for adding start & finish times and break times in the Xero Me App and this would be an extension of that.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello community 😊

Thanks for sharing this idea. I’ve just updated the title to be AU specific as this feature has been delivered in the AU region! For our NZ voters I’ve split this to a new idea and transferred your votes.

We added a timesheet setting in Xero Me (AU) that lets employees record start and end times for work and unpaid breaks. With this, Team Manager / Approver roles have the ability to review and approve start, end and break time entered, as well as any notes added by an employee on timesheets within the Xero Me app 🎉 

17. Ability to include customer credit limit and due dates of invoices in Aged Receivable report.

Purpose: To be able to get a better view of the customer’s ability to pay and the outstanding invoices.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, rounding back from my last update - Credit Limits are now available to everyone within the Aged Receivables Summary report! 😊

💡You'll see a common format in the left side bar or  can customise the general report to include Credit Limit and Available Credit as columns within your own layout - More detail on the report here

18. Ability to set reports to print on one page.

Purpose: To have a better visual and save more papers, as currently some reports can come out more than 1 page.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Community,

As part of our reports refresh, we’ve updated how reports look when printing directly from your browser - removing the larger margins mentioned in some of the comments.

Generally, we’d recommend either exporting to PDF or, as Russel has mentioned, exporting to an excel file for further refinement before printing.

However, if you do print directly from your browser, you’ll now find that the report is correctly aligned to the left of the page 😊

Thanks again for all your feedback around this idea!

19. Ability to see a report where it shows the prepayment that is yet to be allocated to invoices.

Purpose: To easily see the figure of the unallocated prepayment.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the support here, and thanks for your feedback on being able to view a report that shows prepayments that you've recorded for contacts in Xero. 

Our reporting teams have been making many developments to enhance Xero's newer style reports, and added Prepayments to both the Payable and Receivable Invoice Summary and Details reports

• For unallocated prepayments amounts only, add a 'Source' filter for Prepayments, and a Status filter of 'Approved' (when all credit of a Prepayment's been allocated it will show a status of 'Paid')

If you'd like to have your formatted report on hand any time, save it as custom - You could even go as far as making this the default. 🙂

20. This is so customers can use the same custom made report layout for multiple entities.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?