Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

103 results found

1. Would be useful to be able to have a button at the bottom of a page that you can click to jump to the top of the page instead of having to scroll up, especially when working a page that has many lines.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Susan, thanks for suggesting this one!

Whilst not quite the same as having a button that's built in to the page, you can quickly jump to the top, or the bottom of a page using keyboard shortcuts:

• On a mac, hit Command-up arrow. You can then return to the bottom of the page with Command-down arrow

• On Windows, hit the Home and End keys to go to the top and bottom of a page, respectively.
      Let me know how you get on with these, and if it's a suitable workaround.
  2. Enable the Payable Invoice Detail report to total the invoices for each contact. At present the report totals the GST component of each contact's invoices, which I find not at all useful. It would be possible to export the report to Excel, and calculate the totals in that format, but this would be time-consuming.

I use the payable invoice detail report to get approvals for payment. It would be useful for the person doing the approving to see how much each contact's invoices add up to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, returning to the idea here I wanted to check if this is still an issue? With the Payable Invoice Details report you'll find you can 'Group by' Contact and there are options to include Balance, Gross Tax and Net columns within the report so you can get a full break down and totals for each. 

3. Currently, you are able to pull the Contact Transactions Summary and ledger for only one contact at a time.

If you can add the ability to pull more than one contact's transactions at a time, it would be great. It should work the same as "Account Transactions" where you choose the accounts you want to pull, just for Contacts.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Elizna, you can run the Receivable or Payable invoice detail reports for multiple contacts at a time. Is there something specific about the Contact Transactions Summary that's missing from these reports that you'd want included ? 

4. Reports - Display Multicurrency Original Values

Allow Reports to display the original values for a chosen currency.

Currently when running a Multicurrency report, the value shown is derived from the chosen Currency being exchanged from the BASE currency of the package. So if a ZAR base package has a €2000 Invoice in it, with a €2000 payment to a Euro account…. The profit and loss report, when run in Euros, will show that (today) as roughly €2037 after the back and forth conversions.

It would be very nice to have a reporting function that allowed the original values to be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Richard is there a specific report you'd find this useful in ? 

You can run the Payable and Receivable invoice reports in other currencies an org has used but good to know if there's another report you'd be looking for this in. 

5. Suggest being able to turn a bill to pay directly into a prepayment or better yet a part prepayment.

The Bills to Pay function doesn't work well (at all?) for prepayments - if a draft bill is received there is no workflow to set it as a prepayment recognised by Xero (although you can set the account to debit as a prepayment). Suggest adding "Record as prepayment" to the bill options drop down.

Even better would be the functionality to record the bill as a part prepayment, many of our bills are for annual service delivery, therefore the bill will…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Matthew and Anthony, appreciate perhaps not as streamlined as you'd like here there is the ability to apply a prepayment to a bill. 

In Xero, you would enter the bill to recognise the expense, payment itself would generally be recognised through the bank account when reconciling which is where you can create a prepayment and then apply the credit to the bill.

Alternatively, if you'd like to do this from the bills screen, you could use the create icon (+) in the top blue navigation and select Spend Money when redirected you'll want to switch the 'Spent as' to Prepayment from Direct Payment. 

6. Currently you can only see new notifications when they pop up in the menu. As soon as you click x, they disappear and cannot be accessed any more. It is useful to be able to look at old notifications - particularly for tax codes so that changes to tax codes can be double checked

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate you raising the idea here, Sally. 

It'd be great to understand when you say "dismissing" notifications, would this be by clicking the "x" icon in the top right hand corner of the notifications pop-up, or within the notification feed? Thanks 

7. I would be good to be able to carry out data analysis of each nominal code and therefore group the account transactions by month with totals rather than by week which will ultimately tie back to the P&L. This would make it useful when carrying out data analysis from the P&L.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kate, not sure I understand your ask here - is this within the Profit & Loss report, or is there another report you're running that you want to link back to the Profit & Loss report that is currently grouped on a weekly basis? 

8. Ability to create an invoice template that saves the line items, e.g description, quantity etc
    Instead of having to manually enter the same description for each new invoice created, just save it as a template. Not just as a branding template.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Morgan, if you have common inventory and services you trade, you could look at saving these as items to your Products and services. When invoicing you'd simply use the Item column to find and select what needed to be included in the invoice, saving you time from having to enter repetitive data. 

Appreciate there is a little hurdle if you're looking at adding 'description' only lines with new invoicing atm and this is something we're looking into and you can follow updates for this across on this idea

9. Can we please bring back the 'add last items' for an invoice?
    This saved us A LOT of time on regularly customers.
    Not sure why it was removed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on new invoicing here. Good to understand the features our users find most handy. The team are looking at many improvements they can make to continue to enhance this experience for our customers. While we can't commit to development as yet, this is something the team are looking into and we'll keep you updated of any progress of this, here. 

10. Many of my clients complain that they 'can't find what they are looking for' when using the top search bar facility. I too often struggle to find things unless I am specific and know the exact detail of a posting. A search return of more options would be very beneficial listing all transactions in relation to any word or value typed into the search bar.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your feedback on search in Xero, Laura. When you say you'd like more options for search are than any specific fields of transactions that you and your clients might commonly search - this'll help when sharing back with the team. 

If say, you'd search text generally in the description field of a transaction I'll merge your idea here in with this one where we can keep you all updated of any change all together. 

11. Currently if a duplicate Bill to Pay is entered this only highlights/flags as duplicate when you are first creating the Bill or are editing the bill at a later date. Once it has been approved, it no longer highlights/flags this as a potential duplicate.

It would be great if Xero could flag that this could be a duplicate in 2 places:
    1) on the bills to pay screen, somewhere out to the side (like the attachments) or perhaps the whole row in a different colour to identify that there are 2 bills for the same supplier with the same invoice…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, we appreciate your interest and sharing on this here.

Our product team have been thinking about how they might help alleviate the pain of identifying duplicate bills in Xero. We're at the point where we'd like to get some feedback on their designs and would like to offer the ability to share back with us.

✍️If you'd be interested in participating in concept testing of this feature please fill in this short form

We may not be able to contact or schedule everyone who registers their interest, however we'll return to share outcomes, and any updates with you here. 😊

12. Option to generate a Notice of Electronic Funds document to send to suppliers requiring immediate proof of payment. Said Notice to include:

remittance date
    name/contact details of remitting party
    amount
    reference / description for payment being made
    the bank details of both the remitting and beneficiary banks

Not an original idea but I received a notice from a customer. Today I was asked to submit one to a supplier as proof of payment so they could ship out an urgent delivery but I could not provide one. See sample document attached for reference.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nina, this is something I'd recommend engaging your financial institution or bank about. While you can set up and create a payment in Xero, the confirmation of funds transfer would come at the point the money is paid from your actual bank account to the suppliers bank account. 

If your suggestion however is from the Sales side where you'd like to request your own customers provide proof of payment for invoices you send to them perhaps this could be worked into your organisations branding as part of the payment terms

13. If I need to make changes to the invoice settings from within the invoice page, there's no way to access the settings. In fact, it was pretty hard to find the invoice settings at all! Please put a direct link from the Invoice summary page to the Invoice Settings. (I agree with another suggestion that access to Invoice Settings should be controlled by role type).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good to hear you've an existing idea you'd like to support too around access to settings, Natalie. Currently only the Standard or Advisor roles will have access to Invoice Settings - more on this here

When it comes to accessing Invoice Settings from sales, while it's not available from the list view of invoices, you'll find if you have the right role you can jump across from an individual invoice by clicking the 3 dots in the top right of the page - see my pic below. 

Does this accomplish what you're after here? 

14. Would like to suggest that Xero adds an option for the user to be able to extract activity statements exclusive of any taxes on the invoices listed on the statements.

This would assist calculating the costs of projects less the tax implications, especially for tax vendors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Zolani, is there any reason you'd like this specifically within the customer statement? 

Our Receivable Invoice Detail report may be of help to calculating the costs you're after, instead? 

You can select to include Net, Gross or tax columns in the report so you can see the breakdown when the report is run. If you only need to view for a single contact you'll be able to add a filter where you can select the contact you'd like to run the report for. 

15. Require the ability to post net wages, loans, drawings without a contact. This information should not be accessible in the customer/supplier ledger/contact section.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Charlotte, can you expand a little on your needs or use cases for your idea here? 

A wage would generally be connected to an employee in payroll. Managing a loan is a little different and we have suggestion of how to do this in our help here, and when it comes to drawings and introducing cash to the business this would generally relate to a specific shareholder and would be recorded as Spend or receive monies, if you'd rather not specify the contact you may want to set up a generic contact that you could code these sort of transactions too. 

16. Being able to add a default account for invoices raised through projects

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When entering multiple contacts, it would be good to have the option to "save and create new contact" as well as the "Cancel" and "Save and Close" option after entering the information. Currently you have to press Save and Close, go back to Contacts, then select New Contact.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Is there an option to show "Manual Bank Reconciliation Date" rather than Reconciled Date? The reconciled date is system generated and it does not mean much if the balances are out to start with. This would allow the user to know when bank rec was actually performed by a human.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jo-Ann - when you say you'd like to view the date the bank account was manually reconciled would this be on the org's Dashboard?

As a means of viewing this information at present - you could run the History & notes and view only Bank transaction items where you'll see the name of the user and date that the last transaction in the org was reconciled. 🙂

19. When I reconcile a transaction in my bank account I can enter a "Why". I.e. Gas for Youth Hostel. So when I have multiple transactions to the same customer, under the same Chart of Account I can differentiate them.

However, this data entry can not be pulled into a report. This is really hampering my ability to differentiate my transactions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stephen, is there a specific report you've been running to try include this data? 

When creating a transaction during bank rec, the 'why' is saved as the description of the transaction. You should be able to  run the Account Transactions report to view this detail in the Account you've coded payment too. Let me know how you get on. 🙂

20. Can we combine two xero report ?
    Payable invoice detail report & Detailed time report.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?