For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

212 results found

1. Instead of having to add users in three places (HQ, Workpapers & Tax), have the ability to add them once and this then flow through to the additional tools in use at the practice

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be good to have more flexible saluations in Ask covering emails, particularly when asking for information for personal tax.Being able to use the given name for someone, for example, (as per most emails that peope send) would be a good start.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When giving a client access to their Xero file for the client to be able to add codes to the chart you need to give the client advisor access - Maybe the access to the chart of accounts should be added to the cashbook client as a tick box option (like manage users is in the adviser access)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be really useful if we could see the quarter end date for VAT returns on the HQ home page - similar to how we can see the Financial year end.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A report showing which clients are using which bank feeds.
    This would allow easy updates to client and internally when we become aware of a bank feed causing duplications or other errors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want to restore an archived client in Xero HQ and can change the list from Practice Clients to Archived but when I enter the client name in the search box it returns only practice clients.

It appears the only way to find the client to restore it is to go the bottom of the archived clients list and click on "Show more clients" repeatedly until the client shows - quite a laborious process if the client is towards the end of the alphabet!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If a staff member leaves, you would usually delete them as a user. That causes issues, however, if they have set up recurring invoices. These will be left as draft and will not be sent. It would be useful if you could keepa staff member but remove the access so that they can't log in themselves anymore, almost making them inactive?
    It is not as simple as resetting their password because of the 2 step authentication.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My Xero - Managing staff access to clients

I suppose we have a large-ish accountancy - in My Xero I get a full list of all clients I get access to; that's 25 pages of clients at 50 clients per page. I see all clients irrespective of whether the subscriber is internal (within our accountancy) or external (the client).

We need to add a new admin staff member and give them “Manage users” + “Payroll admin” to all entities. In My Xero, I drill down into the Staff list, click on the new user and it says I have access…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Document Packs - User permissions

The ability to lock down who can prepare doc packs vs who can send them. ie. We want admin to prepare but Director to send. Suggest view / prepare / send.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Xero should be having a feature Statistical GL where one can enter statistical information or numbers which are vital for analyzing business trends.
    For example, If I am maintaining books of a restaurant and I want to record daily covers (footfall or number of customers) which can help me analyze revenue per cover, spend etc.
    There should an option to create some designated ledgers to input and maintain these statistical information which does not affect any financial statements but can be used for business performance analysis.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great if clients can only see admin email (standard practice email) as a sender rather than staff emails as a sender. Example Invoice reply to standard organisation email rather than individual staff emails.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Many reporting platforms now have the ability to copy reports directly to the clipboard - this would be great to skip the download-and-open-an-Excel-file intermediate step, when in many cases we are looking to drop the data directly into another spreadsheet or workbook.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Xero fixed assets need the ability to make adjustments to the costbase. Sometimes there are partial sales or additions to existing assets and cant do an adjustment to the asset, have to create entirely new asset or sell and redo new asset. This makes some calculations hard as the depreciation schedule doesnt show disposals correctly either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I feel like a dedicated feedback board would be useful. As I don't feel there is currently an appropriate place to give feedback and notify support of things that are not working properly.
    For example, I have the new GST returns to trial and there was an actual feedback box in Xero. Where i gave the feedback that i liked the new features but not the look. Now the feedback box is gone and I have just noticed that it tells you that there are unreconciled lines to code. But, they are for the next GST period. Plus the old…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dylan, appreciate the feedback here. Sometimes when developing a feature in Xero teams will offer a feedback box as you noted. This is usually a temporary channel where the teams can take your feedback to consider directly in time with the work they're doing.

There are other channels like Discussions, raising a case with our Xero Support team or sharing through Product Ideas which are always on feedback channels. While our teams in these spaces will do their best to help provide solutions to your needs, feedback you give is also shared back to the appropriate teams and places in Xero to consider in their development.

From the sounds of your idea here around GST, you'd like the message for unreconciled lines to code to only appear if the lines are dated with in the period of the return? 

15. It would be a great help if you could insert a field into the activity page which includes the property address that the invoice is for, so that this would be clear which property the invoice relates to rather than having to go into each invoice to see which property it is for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Now that you've forcible inserted every single client as a line item in Xero HQ via Single Client Record, we NEED the ability to filter search results to only show client lines with Xero files attached.

Example: searching for 'Lee' used to result in 3 client Xero files - now it results in 598.

This is literally unusable.

EDIT: There is a filter for TYPE of subscription; I do not and could not care less whether a client has a Ledger, GST Cashbook, Starter, Premium, whatever other tier you care to make up.

I just NEED a tickbox to toggle…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We're looking to add an indicator as to subscription ownership for the Xero HQ client list. This is just to say if the organisation is billed directly to the partner or if the partner is invited in and the client is responsible for the subscription.

This will be crucial for the Spark and Helix rollout to help customers work through with their clients and get subscriptions updated. We also believe this could help with transitioning some organisations from being partner billed to direct billed which will increase revenue for Xero.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sync all data to Xero HQ.

We have been moved over to single client record and need notes and custom fields to be synced as well please.

This would prevent the need to manually update client records and prevent risk of out of date data.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We use multiple tax agent numbers across our business yet when we lodge STP reports via the client's organisation, we can only use one tax agent number for all clients as Xero only allows for one tax agent number to be set in Xero HQ.

This is causing many issues, including staff and clients inadvertently updating tax agent details in the STP lodgment area on their own file, which is then updating the tax agent in HQ for all STP lodgements.

It is also causing issues with tax agent appointments/linking, where the client has to appoint one agent number for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need to be able to better identify restricted / confidential clients and have controls in place to not give all staff access to these Xero blue files - currently we need to use manual methods (e.g. add "Restricted" in the client name, and add them to a "Restricted" client group), but this is highly prone to human error, and requires extra steps.

Further, the new Single Client Record function will prevent us from adding "restricted" to the client record name.

This function will need to incorporate the ability to filter out these confidential client ledgers when giving new staff access.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?