For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1230 results found

1. When adding a new contact, you should be allowed to enter a contact with the same name, if you want to add a contact with the same name then the account number should be different - if the account number is the same then it should not be allowed to be duplicated. I have many clients who have customers with the same name and I cannot add them as a contact!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The ability to hold purchase or sales invoices in the system would be great. We have a large client who needs to hold specific invoices as they are expecting a credit note but there is no functionality within Xero for this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When viewing historic employees, being able to view the next historic employee would be great, rather than having to come back out of history employees, which only shows the historic employee you have selected, with a drop down list of current employees only, then you have to go back in again to employees/history again to look up the next historic employee

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be great if the document descriptions when downloading reports from Xero would be more descriptive. For example, I have clients with multiple bank accounts and I down load bank reconciliations for each of these accounts. but when I want to include them in my reporting pack, I first have to open each pdf and add more details to the description. Currently the report name only includes the Company name and bank reconciliation...for example ABS Printers-BankReconciliation. This description is very limited. My idea is to include the Bank account Name and the reconciliation date... example ABS

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be useful to be able to attach a bank statement in pdf format to a bank reconciliation. Preparing monthly reports require verification of the physical bank statement regardless of bank feed being in balance. it will help to have the bank statement on hand in Xero when preparing reports like the Bank reconciliation report so that it isn't necessary to still attach the physical bank statement separately with a monthly reporting pack.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workpapers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable the ability to generate a report that includes users for each client organisation that includes users who are not staff members so that you can quickly see if the correct and relevant people are accessing the Xero file and know if you need to remove users who shouldn't be there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. At the moment all custom reports are listed top to bottom with the ability to star any as favourites.
    It would be good to create folders to hold custom reports in. For example, create a management account folder to hold all relevant custom reports in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be great to have tasks within jobs (XPM) link to Xero Blue's item codes so that when importing bulk invoices, they can be allocated to a specific task/item code. This will allow for easy reporting both in XPM/Xero Blue.

Otherwise, it would be great to have an option to allocate a task to invoices in Xero Blue that links back to the relevant task in XPM, similarly to the way the Reference field works for jobs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please please can we have a feed for personal revolut cards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Document Management System should integrate with One Drive (for Office 365 Users)
    Paying extra subscription for additional DMS will not be required for most of this was integrated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve the way clients can create accounts and log into an existing xero account.

If we create an account for them, it asks them to put in their organisation details. Then we invite the client into the organisation, they have to accept the invitation.

Clients are always having issues with their log ins, and signing documents. Feel this could be made easier for them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello,

I would like for Xero to automatically calculate the VAT returns accurately when switching from a VAT scheme to another. Currently, we need to manually adjust the returns to avoid any duplications caused by the transition. There is room for a lot of human error when doing this and I believe this feature is extremely important.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently if a tax letter email fails to send, for whatever reason, there is no email notification it failed to send. The system really needs to be enhanced so the person who sent the tax letter from XPM gets an email notification that the tax letter failed to send to that email address. Currently it is just blind faith that all letters are sent which is clearly not good.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our team is looking into this idea, however, they don't have any dates planned on when they’ll develop a notification to let you know whether a tax letter has failed to send. We understand that this feature is important so that you can be certain your clients have received their tax payment reminder letters.

We are monitoring your feedback and votes here, so please keep adding them in this thread. For the time being, I’ll move this idea into ‘Under review’ status, and if there's any movement, we'll make sure to come back and update you here.

14. We are required to enter invoice numbers and tax ID numbers of suppliers when loading taxes onto the local tax returns portal. Is there any specific report that allows to generate a report that shows, supplier tax ID, supplier invoice number, total invoice amount and total tax included, all together in a repor, so that our tax filing is hassle free.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to have Xero Tax for businesses, not only for Partners

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, though appreciative of the idea. This is a function available through the Xero Tax Product with a Xero advisor, and we don’t have plans for developing this capability from within a Xero organisation.

You can find an advisor to suit your full business needs through Advisor Connect.

16. Good morning,

I approved and invoice and tried the new version which gave me the option to Copy to draft (righthand corner … 3 dots)
    I had to add the client’s name to the invoice to save it. I then went back to the classic version. From drafts I move the invoice over to “waiting for approval” You do however have to add documentation if you had any attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi Xero team , I just try "Automate bill entry", it looks good, is it possible to make it automatic divided into our tracking ? For example we have 1 tracking category with 10 list on that tracking, we would like the bills automatic divided to the 10 list. Is it possible ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Superannuation Lump Sum
    I am new to Xero Tax and trying to set up previous years tax returns for going live in FY2024.
    I have several clients that have been paid superannuation lump sums in the past and I am can't put the historical data into the return which is needed as there are limits on these payments

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can we have a feature where we can reconcilie liability accounts, for example PAYE and VAT control accounts by entering the balance and selecting all the transactions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Viewing P60 for employees is confusing for them as the page layout they are directed to is so poor.

Xero Me link takes them to a page that shows all current pay slips (2024-25) with the most recent at the top, but the box above the current payslips shows 2021-22 by default.

When employees get the email link they obviously just click on 'Download P60 Report' - they wouldn't ever think they have to click on another box showing '2021-2022 Tax year' that doesn't even appear connected to the P60 button.

Obviously the most recent P60 should appear on top…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 61 62
  • Don't see your idea?