Invoices - Ability to set invoices to auto send on invoice date
Can we please have an option for Xero to auto send unsent invoices on invoice date? I tried setting this automatically with zapier but then the attachments don't get sent via the zapier automation.
Hi Mariane, appreciate your feedback shared with our team how you'd prefer more automation and control for setting all invoices to send on the invoice date rather than the current options of scheduling an invoice send or setting up Invoice reminders.
This isn't something we have immediate plans around, however I'll re-open your idea here so we can gather wider interest from the community.
We'll keep our eyes on the support for this and share if there are any updates. Thanks
-
Mariane Bornelli
commented
Please this time do not close the ticket and comments until I was able to respond and say if the proposed solution is the same as my feature request. That was very frustrating
-
Mariane Bornelli
commented
Ok comments were closed on my idea as if the scheduling is a solution to the idea. IT'S NOT!
If i need to schedule invoices, i might as well send them whilst I'm scheduling - what i want is for invoices and receivable credit notes to be auto sent on invoice date if unsent. Scheduling is still a manual task I need to remember to do and DOES NOT solve this problem IT IS NOT AN EXISTING FEATURE.
Auto send invoices on invoice date
Can we please have an option for Xero to auto send unsent invoices on invoice date? I tried setting this automatically with zapier but then the attachments don't get sent via the zapier automation.1
Vote
Mariane Bornelli shared this idea
· Sep 23, 2026 · Delete…
Existing functionality · Kelly Munro (Community Manager, Xero) responded
· Sep 29, 2026
Thanks for jumping in here, Llinos! Exactly what I'd suggest here too 🙂Mariane, you can see more detail on scheduling invoice in our help article here.
Alternatively, you may like to look into Invoice reminders, you'll just want to make sure the invoices you want these to send for are marked as sent in your organisation.
Show previous admin responses (1)
Comments are closed
Llinos Jordan commented
· September 28, 2026 11:05 PM · Report
If you go to email the invoice and click the down arrow next to send email, you can schedule a date and time for the email to be sent. Hope this helps :) -
Llinos Jordan
commented
If you go to email the invoice and click the down arrow next to send email, you can schedule a date and time for the email to be sent. Hope this helps :)