Login - Fix Two Factor Authentication with 1Password
Since the new login page design has just launched, it seems to have broken compatibility with 1Password, which made it easier to sign in.
Please fix this so that the autofill works seamlessly again. It is a life changer when switching between multiple Xero accounts.
There is an issue with the page where, when a password manager attempts to perform the 2FA, it keeps returning to the "2FA Code or Backup Code" selector. Perhaps make this one page to better support autofill logins.
Appreciate this being raised with us here team - thanks for your feedback.
I've shared this back with our product team and it's something we're looking into.
For the time being, if you right click the 1Password icon on your browser's toolbar and select Settings > Autofill & save, then turn off the switch for "Sign in automatically after autofill" you should be able to use your saved 1password when logging into Xero.
I'll keep you in the loops of updates here.
-
Patrick Helm
commented
Yes, any level of best practice testing would have revealed this in testing - unless all of your devs / AI vibe coders are using known easy to type memorable passcodes and without 2FA :/
-
Tom Coogan
commented
I'm having the same issue with 1password. I don't understand fixing something that wasn't broken and breaking it in the process. Autofill from password manager should be addressed.
-
Marty Wauchope
commented
Totally agree. It's not just 1Password, we use Keeper. The new page isn't recognised by Keeper password manager as a login prompt, so we need to manually enter / paste the user id and password, it won't autofill. Please fix this.
-
Ellie Mills
commented
Absolutely agree with this, this needs fixing ASAP! I miss it logging in is a pain now 😭