For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1396 results found

1. Dear Sir/Madam,

When I download custom xero template it has «PaymentImage» code.
    I would like to upload my own image different from Payment Service image to the bottom of the standard invoice same as logo, then I will not need to use a custom PDF template.

Could you add this option?

PDF invoices are not convenient as it requires invoice to have Sent status to print PDF. And no quick preview availiable, so no option to preview custom invoice prior sending it.
    I don't need saving every preview PDF invoice perhaps it can just open in a new tab without…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When we receive a bill from a supplier that also uses Xero we have the option to put it in as a draft bill directly into our Xero. It's very useful feature. But as a partner with nearly 200 clients when we click through it asks us to log in and select which client the bill is for. We used to be able to type the company name (usually our own) but that option has been removed and now I have to scroll down the list of clients until I find the right one. How is this an improvement? Can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Via the XeroAPI, assign a project to a line item on an invoice.

Looking in both the invoices, and projects APIs I can not see how to do the assigning.

Also, If i assign the project from with in the Xero website, and GET either the invoice or the project, neither response seems to have the assignment.

First raised by Chris Chase on the community archive: community-forum-archive/discussion/118540025

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To have an option for a bill to be paid automatically on the Due date
    Invoice comes from Supplier. Invoices is processed to Xero with a due date
    On the due date invoice is paid automatically (through interaction with bank)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently you can put titles and notes etc on quotes and invoices etc. However the client does not see any of this. This is critical to be able to add notes etc that don't belong on a line item

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I already submitted and someone closed off my ticket incorrectly.

I want the ability to have a default template for INVOICES and a different default template for QUOTES.

Someone submitted this as already existing here https://central.xero.com/s/article/Set-default-invoice-quote-templates?userregion=true

But the default invoice template set for the contact will override the organisation’s default template when you add an invoice, quote, customer

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We use Unleashed (UL) for all of our purchases and sales. The team uploads associated files, proformas, invoices, and receipts directly to the UL PO.

When the PO is completed and 'pushed' to Xero, the associated documents are lost. I then have to login, find them, download from UL, and then upload them into Xero.

Is there anyway that these files can be pulled with the rest of the information?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Declined quotes to appear in the activity list of a contact - At the moment they do not and the only way to determine if a quote was raised previously is through a search through quotes.

Since it is an activity linked to a contact, fruitful or not, this should be linked to activity list of the contact.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As it stands the "template" is largely superficial, whereas a template should be meaningful.

When I think of invoice templates, I think: unit prices, quantities, etc... much like your "repeated invoices" except the repeated invoices don't include dynamic dates. Monthly billing for a team is a nightmare.

So either expand the templates to include meaningful features, or add dynamic dates to the repeated invoices. Preferably the second option so I don't have to constantly rebuild invoices for my team.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The Xero bulk invoice import template makes provision to allow for the population of data into the available tracking categories that would correspond to same inside Xero. However, is it possible to do same with a project? Xero have since confirmed it is not possible to include project allocations when importing invoices.

We have a high frequent need to import bulk lines of data each representing individual invoices, and we wish to use Xero projects, but need to be able to allocate the bulk upload of these invoices to the applicable projects inside Xero.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Most businesses have their employees incur expenses, such as mileage, which are chargeable to their clients. This means that the expenses need to both be added to invoices to clients and paid back to employees. This should really be done by simply getting employees to submit their expenses using, for example Hubdoc. However, at the moment, the systems available allow to to only one of the 2 things described above thus creating a lot of unnecessary admin work and potential inconsistencies between what has been charged to clients and what has been paid to employees.

In large companies there is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to use backorders in the Purchase Orders.

Purpose: Users can easily know which purchase orders have backorders.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to create receipt, del note and remittance using DocX.

Purpose: Users can easily customise their receipt, del note, and remittance using DocX.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tracking Quotes - same ability as Invoices to see if the invoice was sent.. viewed.. accepted or denied would be awesome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to be able to group/merge multiple expenses being on-billed into one line on an invoice, even if they're not a tracked expense.

For example, if a contracting company has billed for a fortnight of the contractor's work, but has separated that into two lines, each dealing with one week, on their bill, then the draft that is created when they e-invoice me will have two lines. When I assign these lines to a project and approve the bill, each line shows up as a separate expense to be on-billed. If I am on-billing the full fortnight, I would…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi all!

I'm a one man band IT business, and I've just started being put on retainer by a company which is great, however I'm finding accounting for the retainer to be a bit burdensome.

Currently, my plan is it add the retainer's ammount as a credit note at the beginning of the month, and then somehow nullify any remaining credit at the end. However, I was wondering if it would be possible to add a way of managing retainers separately and more efficiently from credit?

Or even just having the option to add an expiry date to a credit…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great to hear how you're currently using Xero with Credit Notes to manage this process for yourself, Joseph. I've slightly amended your idea for being able to set an expiry for a credit note as it's quite unlikely that we'll look to create a completely new feature for managing retainers. 

Having a quick look at some of the other ideas raised in community, it looks like some people maybe using SimPro as a means to manage these, alternatively you could explore apps in the ecosystem that may meet your needs. 🙂

17. Option to automatically apply or allocate existing credits to future repeating invoices. When the client receives the invoice, it will be marked as a PAID invoice because the credit has been already applied in Xero. But only if they choose to apply the existing credits instead of a refund.

Purpose: Saves time in manually creating an invoice to apply for the credits

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can we include the Project field on the invoice summary screen - to help us manage whether a project has been allocated to an invoice but also manage potential duplicates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In our business, there may be multiple people helping on a particular project for a client. Currently, in order to have the income allocated correctly to each employee we have to enter separate items for each person. This then flows through to the invoice, showing all the amounts and items listed separately.

Would it be possible to look at a way that "behind the scenes" we can add multiple invoice items so that income is allocated correctly, but on the invoice it shows a single description and amount?

It just makes the invoice look more confusing than it needs to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We use Go Cardless to collect our student tenants' rent. Every year we need to cancel the Go Cardless direct debits and archive the outgoing tenants and set up new direct debits for the incoming tenants. On Sage, we were able to select a whole year group at once and batch cancel/archive them. But on Xero we have to do this one by one. Life is short and time is money! Please can you make it possible to batch cancel direct debits by group or by tag/filter/segment criteria? Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?