Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1399 results found

1. To be able to Assign & invoice a billing client within blue Xero. It’s not unusual to have a central billing agency looking after subsidiaries accounts so the ability to bill the agency while having the subsidiary with thin your system to raise the invoice against would work well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A setting in the backend to turn on/off to find and match transactions within a certain amount (i.e.-/+0.05).

These are usually (if not always a rounding adjustment). It's currently a 4-step process to add a minor adjustment.

Also, selecting minor adjustment or bank fee, can the difference auto populate in the amount field?!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Presently, to create a draft bill in Xero from a bill that has been received in the csv format, the csv bill has to be imported manually. It would be easier to be able to email the csv bill to the unique bills email address and have a draft bill created in Xero.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I often take part-payments against customer invoices in Xero. But, when I use the app, the full sales invoice amount appears rather than the remaining balance. The app should show the remaining balance on sales invoices - when viewing the list of unpaid invoices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The "Explorer" tab in the employee expenses section needs an option to set the date range.
    At the moment it is pretty useless as I cant even see what date range it covers - presumably back to when we started using expenses mid way through the year 3 years ago?
    It is not meaningful to compare spend by different employees, if I cant do it by month or quarter, when some employees have been using expenses for much longer than others.
    An option to compare by employee for selected accounts, and to export to pdf/xls would also be really useful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want to be able to add and edit line items in the Hubdoc mobile app so that I can process more complex invoices/bills on my mobile device. Currently I need to use the web app for this and the UX of the whole interface there is very poor – basically just the desktop interface but rendered much smaller – so the experience is quite painful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It make sense to only create 1 company record with multiple customer/client name in the record and that should lead to the ability to choose which customer/client info to be included in the quotes and invoice. currently the auto generated quote and invoice is based on the PRIMARY contact. However, I am working with different people in the company and therefore, should not alway based on the primary.

Currently my work around now is constantly replacing the primary contact whenever I need to generate new quotes and new invoice. doesn't make sense at all.

Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. have a warning come up when an entry is dated in the future to avoid posting to the wrong year

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. While reviewing the short-term cash flow report, a client may realise that there is a bottleneck and spread out some bill payments by changing the payment dates. It would be great to be able to do this from within the Short-Term Cashflow (on the same screen that the issue is identified) to see the results immediately and the improvement in cash flow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'd like an easy way to make a note on a transaction or other unique information without it having to be "found" in the notes and history at the bottom. I'm trying to give a bookkeeper/advisor a bunch of notes at once, and it would hugely helpful if somehow there was a way to send her something or have a "log" of some kind that showed my recent notes, with easy links to the transactions, so I don't have to do screen shots and send outside of Xero etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There should be an option when refunding money to customers, that we can export the file for internet banking processing?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need to be able to send credit notes including bill credit notes to customer/ supplier with one click. Equally as important as sending them an invoice/ purchase order.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. At the moment, when lodging mileage claims, users have to enter $ per km themselves. It would be good if it can be pre-set to avoid confusion and mistakes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to data-sync Amazon, Ebay, Etsy etc accounts to allow VAT invoices to automatically assign to purchases. This would save so much time each quarter when preparing VAT.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Right now there’s no functionality in Xero Projects to transfer or "reallocate" funds from one Project to another.

As a charity, from time-to-time we need to reallocate funds from one project to another (for example if we have not received enough money to complete a particular project we reallocate the funds assigned to that project to a similar one to honor our donor's preferences).

I have tried looking in Manual Journals but there is no option there either. The only option I can find is to locate each invoice or "receive money" and change the project allocation. This is tedious…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great if there was some flag/notification visible on the Dashboard, to inform clients that you have raised a Discussion point on a transaction, that they need to address.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to mark customers to exclude from sending statements, or add more filters ( including customer groups) in statements page, which will help to find correct group of clients to send statements. This will simplify collections process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We need a tick box in the ALL tab section for Purchase Overview Bills - We should be able to from the ALL tab select Draft, Awaiting approval, Awaiting payment, Repeating. You constantly have to go from tab to tab when searching in ALL

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be great if the receipt analysis tool on expenses was able to identify weather a receipt is a VAT receipt or not based on the inclusion of a VAT number or a VAT amount itemised.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multi row edit UI on expenses.

I recent moved from Expensify, I've lost about 4 hours of productivity each week having to manually open and update 100s of expenses each week.

I’d like to be able to update categories and VAT status on many tickets at once, a simple list view UI with checkboxes on the left and the ability to update more then one row at a time would work well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?