Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1475 results found

1. Display the total number of deposits and withdrawals for the period being reconciled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Could the batch payment run on the bank feed be split to contact amount on the bank feed. At present I run a batch payment in xero which is quicker and I can send out all the relevant remittance advices to suppliers. However I haven't got a batch facility on my bank so enter these payments manually for each individual supplier.

This means when I come to reconcile the bank I have to delete the xero batch payment run and match up the invoices again via the bank reconciliation. This feels like I am doing the work twice, and notes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change to New Trial Balance

If the trial balance is set to cash rather than accruals I can no longer see the depreciation and accumulated depreciation accounts. This is a pain for clients who report on a cash basis but still have depreciation. These accounts should appear on cash or accruals as this does not effect whether it is claimed in the tax return.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There isn’t the ability to have a ‘reporting name’ for a bank account name on the Chart of accounts
    (. e.g. you either have to update the name in the system (problematic for live files where the client names accounts based upon their use and not in out reporting name format) or manually create a group with the correct name when drafting the financials to replace the account name.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your images showing what you're meaning here, Zoe. Makes it super clear for others and our product teams. 

Appreciate it's not the ideal solution but good to hear you're aware of how you can group and rename an account through the Financial reports at present. We'll keep an eye on the interest in this, here. 

5. Have a similar set up for statements as for invoices, ie list statements issued like invoices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reports - Display Multicurrency Original Values

Allow Reports to display the original values for a chosen currency.

Currently when running a Multicurrency report, the value shown is derived from the chosen Currency being exchanged from the BASE currency of the package. So if a ZAR base package has a €2000 Invoice in it, with a €2000 payment to a Euro account…. The profit and loss report, when run in Euros, will show that (today) as roughly €2037 after the back and forth conversions.

It would be very nice to have a reporting function that allowed the original values to be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Richard is there a specific report you'd find this useful in ? 

You can run the Payable and Receivable invoice reports in other currencies an org has used but good to know if there's another report you'd be looking for this in. 

7. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the old P&L reports there was an option to compare jobs(tracking options) for a selected period. There was an option to filter the exact period (eg 1 month or 6 months) and it also displayed the line items relevant to the job for that month (eg individual COGS lines) It was used to compare Job COGS to a Project Management program used by the business.The new P&L has very limited features particularly relating to filtering. The only option we see now is hours of opening each job, line by line (as it shows all the jobs with no way…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Do you have the currency option on Trial Balance as you do the profit and Loss and Balance Sheet?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When on the starter plan, have more alerts to let the customer know that they are about to reach the limit for the invoices soon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include notes that have been left on transactions in the 'Discuss' tab on the Bank Reconciliation Summary Report.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently when accessing the Uncoded Statement Lines report, the last date of the prior month will appear in the To field. This is currently set as the default in Xero.

Be more helpful if the current date was entered as it is the current entries that are being queried. If everything is up to date there should few if any aged items left in the reconciliation report.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback, Richard. Can see where you're coming from and we'll get a sense of the overall interest from users on the thread here but want to be open that we don't have immediate plans for changing this.

To enable a little more swiftness when changing the date of this report you may find typing the letter 't' before clicking or tabbing through to the next field helpful - we have a few more date entry shortcuts you may like to explore, too. 

13. Please can you add the ability to stop archived tracking codes appearing on P&L reports just because they had a foreign currency item at some point.
    - Archived tracking codes, with no data in current FY or reporting period appear because years and years ago it had foreign currency trans.
    - The currency L or G are not relevant to the current reporting period. The FY is closed, in some cases years and years ago - there is no need for it to keep appearing.

Please stop this happening.

With the new 200 tracking code reports now released this problem…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The "Outstanding bills" amount shown when viewing an invoice online is always shown in the Xero base currency, even when the invoice is in a different currency. This is not a good customer experience for international customers.

Specific example: My base currency in Xero is NZD. When I send an invoice to an Australian client the invoice is in AUD. When the client views the invoice online, it has AUD for the invoice amount, but in the blue bar at the top it shows "Outstanding bills" in NZD.

Example screenshot attached.

In Xero we have assigned "Australian Dollar" as the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to do a bulk transfer (to another account) from the cash coding screen - as we have to do this one by one currently

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adding a Categories/Tracking column to the transactions Dashboard. this would highlight the fact that a category label is missing. so when running the budget variances the report would include ALL the transactions for a specific category.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In the Accounts Transactions Report - Show all related accounts to include ALL split transactions regardless of how many there are.
    The current Report only display the first few, (please see upload) current format is not fit for purpose. Please under show related accounts, include split transactions not just the first few.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would really like the ability to print blank cheques. Right now, when you preview the cheque there is not an option for it to be blank. If it was blank, I could have some cheques ready for those times we need one quick, and then I could enter it in Xero after. I am really hoping your team can add this feature, I can't be the only person that would benefit from this. I look forward to hearing from you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The current Statement Exceptions report in the Bank Reconciliation report pack doesn't differentiate between statement lines that were deleted individually and statement lines that were deleted as part of removed an entire statement. Both are listed as Deleted (Manually).

It would be helpful if the report marked these types of deletions differently since only individually deleted statement lines still appear on the Bank statements tab/can be restored.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to add staff members to tasks in bulk rather than having to do them individually to each client.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?