Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1457 results found

1. Hello, across the board of GST xero users, are you able to make a pop up show on a companies Dashboard notifications. That tells them a GST period has ended that they can start working on their GST now, instead of getting notifications late or close to due date.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. when you recieve money or a batch payment from a client sometimes you have to allocate towards X amount of diferent projects, but when you print on pdf it will show how you split that payment but not the project or detail towards what did the company recieved the money for...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I often have 30 or so bank transactions (both credit and debit) that I need to on-bill/on-credit to a customer. The process described in https://central.xero.com/s/article/Add-a-billable-expense-to-an-invoice requires multiple clicks per transaction and does not work for credits.

In addition, there is no indication in the bank transaction list that the entry has been assigned to a customer as a cross-check.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Consolidate Depreciation posted to GL per asset category - currently my deprecation is reflecting per asset in the GL expense account. The Asset Register and Depreciation Schedule already serve the purpose of the per line item amount and basis for a reconciliation. Duplicating the detail adds a large amount of data into my GL ,especially when the asset base starts to grow. Please can it rather be consolidated in the GL per asset category per month ?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Under Bank Statements, you should be able to search all records with an Unreconciled Status. When you Search and select "Unreconciled" in the search bar, you still get ALL records -- reconciled and not.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to automatically calculate VAT using the marginal scheme.

Purpose: To easily show correct VAT amounts when VAT is only charged on the Margin between Purchase price and Selling Price.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for your interest in this idea.

For now, I wanted to share that we're aware some users have the following process to record their transactions. The example uses a vehicle with a purchase price of £1500, and a sale price of £2000.

1. Record the purchase of the vehicle on a purchase Bill for the full purchase price of £1500 with a tax rate of VAT Exempt. So the purchase is recorded in box 7 on the VAT return.
    2. Record the sale of the vehicle on an Invoice for the full £2000 - using the Tax Exclusive option, and then manually changing the VAT calculated to the required amount - £83.33 (i.e. 20% on the profit of £416.87 or 1/6 of £500) by clicking the small plus box above the Tax Rate.

This will mean that you only charge £83.33 VAT for the overall profit figure, and ensuring the correct amounts are reflected in boxes 1, 3, 5 and 6.

You could…

7. Addition option of show customer statement "actual" outstanding instead "as at" date.
    Eg, Our customer ABC need us to furnish a Outstanding statement that as at 30 June 2023, and there is 4 invoice unpaid. Happen that 15 July 2023the customer pay the 3 invoices only. Customer request us to send the statement show the 1 unpaid invoice dated 30 June 2023 but it still shows 4 outstanding, how can we show the the one unpaid invoice in the statement.

Ideal additional option of show date 30.6.23 and show the one 1 unpaid invoice only. Kindly advice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In Account Transactions reports, you should be able to add a column for "modified date". This would be extremely helpful when reconciling between information submitted to HMRC and the information in the nominal. I am no QuickBooks fan, but this is one feature that they have that Xero does not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I need to search Invoice descriptions to find Invoices that have certain quote references.

I've found a workaround for this using an Account Transaction report and filtering on description. However I can't find a way to use an OR operator.

For example I can create a report that finds all quote references with "A0", and I can modify that to display a report that finds all quotes with a reference that contains "L0".

However, I can't find a way to create a single report that contains all quote references with "A0" OR "L0" (or "A0" OR "A1" OR "A2")

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the detail in your idea here, Paul. I had a bit of a test of this myself and have checked in with our reporting team. 

It doesn't quite appear in the modal once the report's run - this is something that we'll look to improve. 

However, it's possible to enter multiple terms which will each be searched and return results for (like OR as an operator) - All you need to do is enter a comma(,) and space between each condition. 

For example A0, L0 or A0, A1, A2, 🙂

10. When running an account transactions report, the ability to add a column to show line items that are marked as billable expenses or, a filter option to filter for billable expenses.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Why are we limited to backdating GST Returns in Blue Xero just 12 months.

It's crazy to limit the backdating of GST Returns to 12 months for Advisors. In an ideal world our clients are well behaved and we only need to deal with recent GST Returns. But we often get situations where we need to backdate GST Returns beyond 12 months: ie A client comes to us who has been trading for 2 or more years and not filed any Tax or GST returns - how do we deal with that? Or if we are doing a migration from…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When a bank feed form is uploaded, you can see the status of this - currently if one person has uploaded bank feed form, no one else can tell. Would be great if it just showed "bank feed form uploaded and being processed" or something

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently you can itemise NANE income on the P&L, however when doing annual accounts this NANE is not tranferred to the balance sheet. This shows an incorrect current year earnings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Transactions imported by Yodlee Bank Feed do not display in the chronological order that they occur in my online banking portal or bank statements.

As I have a lot of bank transactions on any given day, this makes it time consuming to do any kind of reconciliation between by online bank account and my bank feed import as I have to match each transaction up in the different orders they appear.

This is a regular occurrence as Yodlee sometimes imports transactions part way through a day and I have to work out where I got up to processing these transactions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We would like to indicate a specific percentage of retention money held by our client on our sales invoices to them. This retention is then payable to us after a specific amount of months.

We also need a way to keep track of the total amount of retention held by a client

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Anthea, would a credit note suffice here? That way you could record the payment against the contact and when payment is due back to the client you could apply a refund to it. 

Alternatively, you could look into Prepayments as a way to keep track of these payments, too. 

16. When in account transactions (or any report where you can select a date range) have a button to move that date range one month forwards or one month back.

For example if you have the date range selected as 01.08.2022-31.08.2022 have a backwards button that would change this automatically to 01.07.2022- 31.07.2022 or a forwards button that would change this to 01.09.2022-30.09.2022 without having to go in and manually change the date to every month.

This would be very helpful when doing detailed reconciliations on a monthly basis so you can move between the months much quicker. I know you…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi,
    Something that would be very helpful as an accountant, is the ability to run a report for a given date which shows all the transactions where the VAT was claimed/paid on a later return. I know that the VAT reconciliation report doesn't work with MTD.
    Happy to discuss to help with this.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing and supporting here, everyone.

For those that aren't already across, though manual at present you could run the Account Transactions report to manually reconcile against your filed VAT returns.

We appreciate the process could be more automated. Though this isn't something we have immediate change planned around atm, we'll update you here if there's any news.

18. Please restore the display of the closing balance on the first page of this report.
    The report is used each month to check control accounts which may go to many pages.
    The closing balance used to show on the first page which was extremely helpful not you have to scroll to the bottom (and you have removed the option for less transactions to show) and then we have to scroll through to the last page in order to see the balance.
    Please bring back the functionality of the old report before you stop access to it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi team
    It would be great if you could replace the underscores with spaces when downloading PDF reports from Xero - currently we have to tidy this up before sending reports to clients which takes unnecessary time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When a shopping cart item is purchased via Stripe (as opposed to via an invoice from Xero), the transaction goes to the bank and then is imported into Xero via the bank feed. Because of this, none of my transaction totals or associated fees come through, forcing me to manually adjust every single transaction to properly account for the fees in my bookkeeping. This is unsustainable and ridiculous. When I used PayPal, I was able to set up PayPal as an account and therefore properly reconcile everything coming in through that portal and then associating the transfers with the amounts…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?