For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

243 results found

1. Link to Invoices on Custom Statements

Xero recently added a link to Invoices on the Standard Statement. Thank you! However, this is only helpful if you're using the Standard statement. We would like to be able to add the Invoice link on Custom statements as well.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Once a user is deleted it would be helpful to have a list of deleted users, where you can then restore from if needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The ability to use Apple Pages to create invoice and quote templates.

We, in common with countless other businesses worldwide use Apple computers, iPads and iPhones, as such we are disadvantaged as we are unable to create templates using any Apple software programs. Please address this for us as soon as possible so that we can make full use of Xero capabilities. This feature would no doubt make Xero more attractive to new Apple based users also.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Changing MFA devices for Xero Verify brings over your accounts but on the Xero Identity Account page, when you attempt to change the device it makes you re-set up the account / code in Xero Verify. Would love to just have a 'change linked device' with a drop down of devices that have Verify attached to the account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Our users email received invoices to Xero and then go into the Drafts Folder to check/process the bill - but if we make their Role 'Draft Invoice Only', they can't see the draft orders that the system created from the emails.

This means that the users can't use the auto Bill creation process and have to enter them manually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to give the ability to add tracking category to a user that is Invoice only with Approve and Pay permissions

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We would like our auditors / account reviewers to have Read Only access to our accounts in Xero however this does not enable them to view Xero Files, which is where we save our bank statements, etc.

Currently we need to give them Standard Access so that they can have access to the documents in Files, however this also gives them the ability to change the accounts as well.

We would like to suggest the Xero files be added to users with Read Only access.

Thanks,
    Maria

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Feature: I'd like to be able to format the [Due Date] field when it's included in email templates.

Use Case: My standard emails include a line which reads "This invoice will be due for payment by 09 Oct 2023". I have to reformat the date to a more readable style every time.

Basic Outcome: Using standard date formatting you should be able to express the date as "Monday 9 October, 2023" - note that the leading "0" on the date number has been omitted, and also the inclusion of a comma after the month.

Ideal Outcome: The due date would…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Receipt template options

The receipt template does not allow for the invoice number, reference or description to be listed on the receipt. I have to manually type this in each time otherwise my clients don't know which invoice I am receipting.

Please allow for these placeholders and auto send a receipt when the invoice is reconciled.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I send a paid invoice pdf to a customer I would like it to show the original currency and also the currency they paid in. I'd also like it to show the exchange rate of the payment, rather than the Xero calculated currency. At the moment this field isn't available in the docx merge fields.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Recording refund through bank reconciliation tab rather than doing a cash refund on the bill/invoice

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When a folder is created in Files app, it appears on the left menu and the documents uploaded in the folder appears on the right side of the screen. When there is a long list of folders created, like I am doing with the client, the list goes below the screen and scrolling down option is only the main scroll of Xero that moves the list of folders and the document display screen together. So, checking a document from the folder at the end of the list requires to scroll down at the end, find the folder and select it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. On the taskbar, it would be useful to have a dropdown option to link through to the last few pages that you have accessed. Maybe the last 10 pages accessed would be good, a mixture of recent searches and recent transactions. I know QBO has this and I use it a lot for navigating.

For example, when I run a P&L and drill down to a specific bill, sometimes I would make an amendment to said bill. When I save and go back it spits me out at the CoA when I want to return to the P&L. So instead…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please enable the Microsoft Word function SKIPIF for use in docx invoice templates. Currently, we can use the "IF" function in customized invoices to skip item records according to its ItemCode, but as noted by another user in the Microsoft Office discussion, a blank row will still appear for records that meet the filter test. Read a detailed discussion of the issue here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/microsoft-word-mergefield-code-to-skip-certain/3414ecba-e0c9-46aa-90bb-b5a205d25f5a?page=1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I love the Xero filing cabinet as I can put files in there for the accountant and owner to view. However I have been using this cabinet for over 7 years and would like the ability to archive / consolidate by year.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There is a significant risk to accuracy allowing the ability to edit an approved invoice without further approval from a higher access tier to what is already provided.

We have experienced a number of clients sending out the invoices to their clients and then editing the invoices, resulting in differences between the original invoice and that on the system. There is no real audit detail either.

Therefore, the request is to consider introducing an additional access level restricting the editing / amending of documentation after approval.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When using the back arrow or clicking on the x - can we have a message to say...

Leaving the Page? Changes you have made may not be saved. Leave / Cancel.

This is to omit leaving a page without saving your work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be good to be able to clearly identify accounting practice users on a clients xero platform. All they see is name and email and it would be good if the accounting firms name was somehow shown to give clients comfort especially where firms outsource work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi - it would be great if there was an indication on the Demo company when the data will be reset. We know it is every 28 days but when is the 28 days up. I've lost demo testing in preparation to show a client how Xero can help them.
    Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Email allocation to different tasks for Xero-I think it would be beneficial to be able to allocate a different email address for a number of tasks, ie Invoices / statements have one, another for quotes and suppliers ie bills. I have a client that doesn't wish to receive every email for every aspect of the business as its not part of her role. Do you think this would be possible?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?