Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

243 results found

1. Invoice branding is only possible using Microsoft. Would it be possible to make this happen using Google OS also?
    I know there are hundreds of millions of Google users worldwide many of which will be Xero users since your software is excellent software.

Thanks for listening.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As a firm of around 25 accountants, we all may need access to a particular client at any point in time. Currently however, the client is aware of each individual user (i.e. 25 users) rather than an as a practice.

It would be therefore be good if Xero operated like Sage or QBs whereby the client only sees the practice as having access to their data.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. At the moment the Page number function and number of Pages function kill the statement and Quote Templates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. You can upload your logo and it appears on your invoices. Great. But here is an easy win, replace the initials on the Menu drop down with the company logo too? It would just be a nice touch.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be useful to be able to remove employees who are no longer working for the company from the Xero Expenses app. It's annoying having their names pop up under the "Nothing to review" section as it's easy to continue to file expenses under their name even though they no longer work for the company.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Every month I publish, export and share reports with certain individuals. I would like to do this within Xero. I set up users who can have "View published reports" access. When I publish a report I can then select that report and choose which of these users I wish to share it with. The user is notified, can login to Xero and is then presented with a list of published reports that have been shared with them. It keeps all the functionality native to Xero.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Lock Dates - Multiple Lock Dates.

Currently there are two options: "Stop all users (except advisers) making changes on and before" and "Stop all users making changes on and before".
    It would be great to have an option where two dates can be entered without one overriding the other.

Here is my issue:

I have been trying to put lock dates for different purposes.
    i.e. I want to stop ALL users (including advisors) from making changes on or before 31 March 2022, but I also want all users EXCEPT advisors to not make changes on or before 31 March 2023.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reports: Bank Summary Report
    The recent shift to new reports has not considered the Bank Summary Report. It is an important report in the sense that it tracks movements and balances for all the banks.
    Please consider creating the Bank Summary report in the new format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Receive Money function should be made available to users who do nothing else except literally receive money - ie sales people. This is especially relevant in small countries where cash is king and non electronic transactions are still in majority. I have one user who only needs to receive cash but I can't give them that function without making them an Adviser.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add the ability to dismiss/hide the setup guide without the need to have clicked through and used all options in the guide. Some do not apply to my organization and so there is no way to get the blue setup guide button to disappear and it gets in the way of other things on the screen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. To quickly get to your most recently reconciled transaction/s (to quickly correct errors that you see as you press OK while reconciling), click the search bar and have the most recently reconciled transactions linked there ready to go.
    Instead of having to go through the bank statement or account transactions and then locate the transaction that needs updating

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. With in the Invoice Only User - Sales (Quoting & Invoicing) the user can still view all of your suppliers and the amounts you owe them via the contacts tab. If you want to give someone access to raise and sent sales invoices then they shouldn't be able to see all of your suppliers and especially shouldn't be able to see what you owe each of them!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Adele, thanks for raising this with us here. Our team are working on a change to Contacts list for Invoice Only roles. When released this will change the view for users with an Invoice Only role dependent on the level of access. 

Invoice Only Draft will no longer see the I Owe and They Owe columns, Invoice Only (Sales) will only see They Owe, and Invoice Only (Purchases) will only see You Owe. This'll also apply to sorting on the page. 

I'll round back to confirm once it's been released. 

13. Can i request for lock period for specify period such as

Tick   Lock./ untick lock

Jan23 /
    Feb23. /
    Mar23
    Apr23. /
    May23. /
    Onwardj

Existing lock practise lock until mar23.
    If i want to do amendment on feb23, i need to unlock mar23 and feb23, then i can do amendment on feb23.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If I need to make changes to the invoice settings from within the invoice page, there's no way to access the settings. In fact, it was pretty hard to find the invoice settings at all! Please put a direct link from the Invoice summary page to the Invoice Settings. (I agree with another suggestion that access to Invoice Settings should be controlled by role type).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good to hear you've an existing idea you'd like to support too around access to settings, Natalie. Currently only the Standard or Advisor roles will have access to Invoice Settings - more on this here

When it comes to accessing Invoice Settings from sales, while it's not available from the list view of invoices, you'll find if you have the right role you can jump across from an individual invoice by clicking the 3 dots in the top right of the page - see my pic below. 

Does this accomplish what you're after here? 

15. It would be really helpful to be able to group bank accounts in a similar way to grouping Contacts. We have multiple currency accounts and base currency accounts as well as credit cards and to be able to group them in different ways would make checking them much easier. Eg group into GBP Current Accounts, Currency Accounts, Cash Currency Accounts, All Cards etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We wish to let some of our users have access to purchase orders, raising & viewing etc.

Currently if we give them access to purchase orders it also lets them see supplier balances and also click into the supplier and therefore into the accounts i.e invoices etc.

We would like our staff to just see the purchase orders and raise purchase orders but not have access to anything else.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The History and Notes in Advanced Settings does not include the action of Emailing (or Sending) an Invoice (or any other document), yet this action appears on the individual Invoice History.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Standard invoice template should allow users to remove company name and or address within the tick box options - so that those printing on headed paper (containing pre printed logo and name and address of co) can adapt standard invoice easily and don't require advanced work of docx custom invoice to achieve name and address removal

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would like to be able to add custom tags in the email template for client queries email

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It is far more common place and practical to set a give day of the week to send payment batches. I would assume that most businesses are not firing off payments every day of the week for every individual invoice (ie based on x number of days after invoice/bill date).

That being said, I also believe it is far less common to be offering or to be offered payment terms of old (ie x days after EOM).

It is and has been common place in our industry for more than 20 years, that suppliers provide payments terms of x days…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?