Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

243 results found

1. Would be nice when moving from Xero to Xero HQ and Xero Central to have it retain your login so you do not have to login to each site separately.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "Business and accounting" role needs ability to more narrowly define. I want an employee to access invoices (receivables) but that then gives them access to ALL financial reporting, e.g. P&L, which I don't want them to see.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thank you for your engagement and sharing how you'd like us to evolve roles for customers using Xero. User roles impact all areas of the product, there are many considerations we must factor in when assessing how to solve for majority of our customers needs - As you can see there is a large range of ideas for different roles shared by customers in Product Ideas.
    We’re conducting research on the current landscape and how we might approach some of the most predominant needs in roles for our customers. To be upfront, the discovery of this work will be long running and there'll be multiple phases of research and forms of engagement with users that’ll help shape the path ahead in this space.
    We’d like to invite you, our community to be part of this research and discovery. This may involve interviews and sharing further feedback through direct…

3. Have the option to change the Avatar/ coloured circle with initial in email inbox, to a business logo when emails are sent from Xero on behalf of the business. I.e when sending out invoices and quotes through the Xero app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As with standard users and bills raised, ability to bulk import invoices from excel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make available to the DocX template a field containing the Template Name, so that its easier to identify which DocX template is being used.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andrew, coming back across your idea here I wanted to double check your idea - Are you saying that you'd like to be able to show the name of the template that you're using on the invoice itself? If so, though not a merge field you could insert static text on the docx template so this is shown on the invoice.

Or perhaps are you wanting better visibility of the template that you're using when sending an invoice. Want to make sure I'm passing this on correctly. 

6. Ability to set default reporting options (default to show account numbers, specify no. of results per page, your own date preferences), along with favourited reports - but have it linked to your Xero user profile rather than the client's file.

I work on multiple files a day and don't want to change their file settings - but manually changing to my preferred reports every time the page refreshes is exhausting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Xero provides for only one ATO Branch code to be recorded for an organisation in Settings / Organisation details. Also, Xero does not require a branch code to be recorded for Single Touch Payroll (STP) which would be resulting in a number of cases where the ATO is contacting clients and practitioners regarding incorrect branch codes for STP and requiring correction of STP filings which is time consuming and complex.

Some businesses have different branch codes for different ATO reporting obligations. For example, a business may have a branch number of 001 for Single Touch Payroll but 003 for Taxable…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Select/Highlight Xero web page details without automatically following link

Most web links allow for text and links to be selected/highlighted by clicking, holding and dragging for additional options when the selection is right clicked (copy, print etc.)
    It seems unintuitive when attempting to select/highlight (clicking and dragging over text) items in Xero, such as invoice numbers, that the page immediately follows the link as though clicked.
    It is often useful to select text for simple copying, or highlight specific sections for printing on web pages, but this behavior prevents that basic utility.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please look into the idea for Importing and Exporting exchange rate from Xero for the ease of update if default XE Rate is not used by the organisation and the export function to generate exchange rates used for the period.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Send or transfer files from the file library between organisations

We have multiple organisations and it is easy to get emails mixed up with files being sent to the wrong organisation. It would be super useful if files could be transferred from one organisation to another directly from the file library.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would be good to have in Spend Money option to insert multiple lines like in Bills & Invoices

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When you 'Invite Staff', the ability to copy an existing staff members 'privileges' will speed up the user creation process significantly.
    Currently I have to switch between two screens to achieve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Default invoice due date / contact due date can be set when integrated with other products that fed the invoices in. Currently it is overriden with due date from integrated system

Setting due date so we can clearly see what is overdue is an excellent feature and would help significantly with accounts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. User role - Limit access to user based on year of transactions. I.e. can only view transactions from 2023 onwards.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When setting up a new Xero organisation, in Organisation Settings we are being asked for organisation type and registration number. it should be possible, especially for Limited Companies, to pull their details which are stored on statutory register via the API by reference to registration number.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be really useful to be able to give users (dept. managers) access to Xero, but purely for their department, so they can view real time reports (profit & loss etc) of only their department, without having access to the company as a whole, or other people's departments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. With the new basis period changes coming into effect, some clients may want to change their year-end from 30.09 to 31.03. Currently changing the year-end in Xero will cause previous opening balances to change and most likely mean any working papers produced in Xero will no longer match the accounts.

It would be a useful tool to have something whereby a previous accounting period end could be locked so a new year-end could be chosen without messing up the old year-end balances.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, as mentioned earlier our team have been making change across Xero to align with the UK basis period reforms. We recently made a change to Financial settings so you can add start and end dates to different periods. This change impacts multiple areas of Xero. As a reminder from our last post -

Fixed assets will draw on this information, to prevent any loss of historic information when your year end changes. Everything will automatically be calculated for you based on the period start and end dates you set in Financial Settings.

The same story will apply in Reporting. All historic reports will be protected. And you’ll have accurate comparison periods even across varied financial years.

In Xero Tax, you’ll be able to enter transitional profit, and track this across five years.

In the meantime, once your practice is comfortable with the implications of basis period reform, it’s…

18. The date format for South Africa is incorrect. We use a day month year format, not the American month day year format. Surely Xero can change this so its adaptable for each country and preference? Its not asking a lot of work to have that additional option. But can cause a huge issue when its not what we work with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I use the P&L report (a custom one) a lot and regularly compare the current period I'm analysing to the same period the previous year. I have set this as the default in my custom report.

However, it's frustrating that as soon as you change the date you're analysing, Xero changes the comparison period back to the previous month or previous quarter etc. I want it to stick to my default of the equivalent period the previous year but I'm told this is not currently possible by Xero support so here I am!

The only way to resolve this is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like clients who prepare their own BAS to be able to lock periods - as this is good practice for obvious reasons. Currently if they are a Standard user they are not able to access this area to lock periods. If I make them an Advisor they have access to unlocking prior years and make changes (been there done that - never again).
    Please have the option to give standard users the ability to lock periods (i.e. the first lock period date, but not the second date), or provide a solution to address the above issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?